Real Medical Mmj Thread

• Thread starter loompa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420circuit

420circuit

This is why all we have is "anecdotal" evidence, like people in the audience shouting out songs for the band to play, fun but not very efficient. Good data would come from places like support groups. I would bet there are quite a few PTSD or veteran support groups that could report what strains they have heard as having curative or effective effects. A whole lot of people have given up opiates in favor of cannabis, there are probably some favorite strains among that group. Probably the hardest part of a project like this is getting accurate strains, seems that every region has its own variations. Even with the difficulties this data collection is worth doing, there would be at least be a general direction for patients to look.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I have played with different strains as medicine and changes in preparation on edibles can make a big difference. The "secret" strain is usually pretty easy to pick out.

One of my family members has a eating disorder where he goes days without the want to eat. He faints and is weak fairly often because of this. (skinny bastard!) Now think in your own life, any strain give you mad munchies? Yup, that's right. A good old couch lock strain will create munchies big time. Afghanistan, hash plants, ext. Also, pot food with a slight underdone job on the decarboxolation is very effective also. If you need sleep, cook your edibles longer, and decarboxolate fully.

What we really need is a lab where variables can be eliminated, and a standard process can be established.

I have also found contradictory applications as well. Haze dominate varieties among normal smokers can cause anxiety and a racy felling. However, Haze varieties seem to treat anxiety really well. I hear most people say the opposite, but the patients I have experimented with the majority like Sativa dom varieties better than Indica dom.

happylittle

happylittle

In order to realy figure out the compounds that are effective the same exact batch that was used needs to be tested. Then we can slowly start to put the puzzle together.

Another strain that Ive seen high in CBC is Deathstar. 1.6% or so if my mind is working atm.

Ive always wondered if we could breed a plant that would have at least four cannabinoids (if not all major cannabinoids) hitting levels that are considered "high" in each of their respective categories.

Ive been looking for theese rare cannabinoids so i can work on this. It may be a pipe dream however.
-J
sorry for the late night ramble :)

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Hopefully some lab will figure out a way to let people collaborate by publishing the raw test data and figure out a way to connect people. And start testing for all the major cannabanoids, terpenes, etc. Analytic360 and a couple others are on the right path. Hopefully they will make the public dataset available as raw XML. Two problems with gas chromatography are..... no standardized testing protocol between labs... and environmental factors affecting the lab test numbers (date of harvest, outdoor vs indoor, latitude grown, etc etc etc. )

Here is an database algorithm to find similar strains/matches so that strains high in THCV and CBG could be "paired" for a breeding project. Kind BioInformatics :)

SQL Tables:
src
dst

Simplified SQL Fields:
In reality we have 100+ attributes, but to keep example data simple I am only am using three attributes (THCV, Limonene, CBG)
src.SampleName as nvarchar
dst.THCV as number(3,2)
dst.Limonene as number(3,2)
dst.CBG as number(3,2)

Example Records:
In reality we would have tens of thousands of samples, but to keep it simple here's six records with totally bogus numbers.

StrainSampled, THCV, CBG
OhNoNotTheATF#1, 01.11%, 2.28%, 04.21%
NorthernLights, 21.12%, 2.21%, 04.21%
BlueDream, 11.12%, 2.21%, 04.21%
FishSticks, 02.10%, 3.11%, 04.21%
Deathstar, 12.11%, 3.21%, 05.21%
WheresMyCarKeys , 10.11%, 3.21%, 05.21%

Task:

-We need to find all samples that have a similar "ratio" of attributes (THCV, Limonene, CBG) within a threshold window of three "percentage points" variance. This will give us the plants that need to be bred together (with hopes that the offspring will have even higher numbers we are looking for). I used three percentage points as a fudge factor to take into account testing differences between samples (in other words lab error). This number can be changed as necessary.

OhNoNotTheATF#1 should match with Deathstar because all the attributes (THCV, Limonene, CBG) are "similar" with less than 3 percentage points differing between OhNoNotTheATF and FishSticks.

BlueDream and Deathstar and WheresMyCarKeys should match because all the attributes are similar with less than three percentage points difference.

NorthernLights won't match anything because it's test numbers are radically different.

Here is resulting set from database:

Group1 for breeding for high ABC
OhNoNotTheATF#1, 01.11%, 2.28%, 04.21%
FishSticks , 21.12%, 2.21%, 04.21%

Group2 for breeding for high XYZ
BlueDream #Two, 11.12%, 2.21%, 04.21%
Deathstar, 12.11%, 3.21%, 05.21%
WheresMyCarKeys, 10.11%, 3.21%, 05.21%

DB Algorithm (ORACLE PSQL language):

(you can change the number 3 to 0.3 or whatever for less variance in test discrepancy or find good partners)

SELECT src.SampleName, dst.*
FROM dst src
INNER JOIN SampleName dst on ABS(src.THCV - dst.THCV)< 3 AND ABS(src.Limonene - dst.Limonene)< 3 AND ABS(src.CBG - dst.CBG)< 3
ORDER BY 1 asc;

More Info on ABS (absolute) function:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/functions002.htm

Data Sharing:
All gas chromatography machines have the ability to export their data, and there is an open standard format to facilitate dataset sharing and collaboration.
http://tools.proteomecenter.org/wiki...=Formats:mzXML
mzXML is an open data format for storage and exchange of mass spectroscopy data, developed at the SPC/Institute for Systems Biology. mzXML provides a standard container for ms and ms/ms proteomics data and is the foundation of our proteomic pipelines. Raw, proprietary file formats from most vendors can be converted to the open mzXML format.

Last edited:
WORF

WORF

Great thread .... i have a freind who is growing the ac/dc x bubster cross im excited to see what comes from this cross so far he has identified one female he was telling me that she was 22 inches tall after 2 weeks of vegative growth i think this is from her ac/dc lineage and had the common kushy indica leafes and he describes the limbs growth speed to be similar to its pre98 kush ancestore also he identified a male who was the same just taller im so excited to experiment with these genetics and find the right medicical profile regarding patients with mental illness

Last edited:
FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Blessed and Very Happy to Have in our small southern group Loompa Gear
to Have AC/DC Silver Bubster Cross and the TSU/Silver Bubster and Swiss Gold/ Silver Bubster
I am starting all of them...
The PTSD group I have been helping out and a Member of, will be doing a very simple observational study with the CBD and the current strains that we have available to us.
I Will be starting a Separate Loompa Meds Thread in the next few weeks @FlyJ@

420circuit

420circuit

Hey FlyJ, any particular strains that you think would be most effective for PTSD? The Wounded Warriors at the Cup in Denver liked the Aspen OG and GDogP, but there were so many distractions we didn't really test anything, it was just a party. :D

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

@420circuit
i ran a bunch of the original og squared and one particular gal tested high in thcv
she didn't seem very og dominate and turned red near harvest so my guess is she was from the black domina or humboldt snow side
btw.. thcv is known to help with the fight or flight response that is some times associated with ptsd

fwiw

420circuit

420circuit

Is there a list of strains that have tested high in THCV?

Might be an indica thing? Seems like the ones that turn dark near harvest, purples especially, seem to get noticed for pain or sedation effects. Not having been diagnosed with PTSD I can only suppose what would help, but I have seen some bad stuff and lived thru some ordeals, so I can guess that stopping the mental replays would help. I think a sedative effect, like indicas have might shut some of that activity down. But this is just guessing. Maybe walk up to someone who is experiencing this, hand him a joint and see if he feels better in a few minutes. I tried that at the Cup and found that everyone there was already in a pretty good mood so it was hard to tell.:D

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

durban comes to mind without thinking to hard

one thing to point out though is it is more a individual plant thing versus a strain thing just like a cbd rich variant

fwiw

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Here is what I can Offer The pain is a Complex issue
but with PTSD Vets That are in My group 8 so far all do this with the Meds I gift>>>>>>>>>
___________Yeti Is for Pain during the day
__________The MoonDawg is for Pain and sleep
__________Most prefer not to feel to Couch locked during the day
except for One w/Arthritis and Lupus so Smoking during the day all day with Moondawg
__________ Poison Ivy of medusa's its Heavy on the white widow side Very Indica ?

Remember guys I am very new to the names strains and stuff so Bare with the simple explanations....

the Yeti is a great Pain and daytime use.... That is across the board all 8 + Me
all 8 say the same thing That its far EZer to smoke a bit and feel relaxed no stress and being at ease is one of the biggest concerns.....
____________PTSD has a way of always keeping us on the edge of the seat,

The overall request has been to make a non-Drowsy heady happy with pain control .....
________Silver Bubster Is what I am doing next with the CBD added I will do what little part I can.

I can Only share My experience
My nightmares are bad, Very Bad, They are called Night Terrors anyone who has them will tell you its harsh.
I smoke the MoonDawg with a Vaporizer Machine 4 BIG hits and go back to sleep.
Heavy stress during the day its all about the Yeti Nyvia and ChemSoda OG
There is a lot to this
we are all Wired differently but that's the great thing about the plant I believe There is one with My Rx and I will find it and SHARE.
FlyJ

420circuit

420circuit

Wonder how a capsule with 325mg of oil from Silver Bubster would blend with 650mg of oil from an all CBD strain like CW or The Wife. Seems like that combo might be a silver bullet for something worth shooting. OK, I'll do it.:D

happylittle

happylittle

Recently had an og chem come back with having some thcv. What kind of numbers are we looking for in thcv as im not as familiar with testing numbers on this cannabinoid.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Sorry about cross posting this in a few threads but we want to get the word out to help people with PTSD.

The MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) will have a booth set up at "Participation Row" in Levi Stadium BLUE #4 parking lot. Look for the "blue and white balloons" to find us. The BLUE LOT 4 lot will open at 3 PM.

(1) We have a camera crew and are looking for any people with PTSD or medical conditions to give video testimonials on how MDMA, Weed, LSD, Mushrooms, etc have helped their life- or simply talk about how they hope MAPS mission to cure resistant PTSD will succeed. Their last research study had a 83% cure rate of war veterans with severe PTSD with a therapist led session taking MDMA (aka Ecstasy) and talking thru their trauma.

(2) We are looking for volunteers to simply hand out the flyer (see attached PDF), we will have tens of thousands of flyers printed out and simply need help distributing them to heads before the show starts at 7 PM!

If you cannot find the MAPS booth, PM me I will give my mobile number so we can connect.

BlueLot1

More Info:

https://www.maps.org/research/mdma

http://www.headcount.org/fare-thee-well-interview-series-rick-doblin/

Thanks!

View attachment Grateful Dead brochure FINAL web.pdf
jonnyonthespotaz

jonnyonthespotaz

Its a Start
View attachment 518369 View attachment 518370
View attachment 518371View attachment 518372
With Breeders, Like Loompa Farm's, and There Gifted Crew I am sure That the New CBD Strains coming out ill be
LIFE CHANGING.
Peace Farmers

Nice flyj..I got some of those I got to get started as well along with the Bluedog x Underfoo..if I remember correctly tho I think the crew crossed those high cbd plants with the purple bubster..I know they r pretty much one in the same but they selected a purple leaning pheno and splitting the bubster line off..unless of course u got something special from the crew!!looking good regardless as always..peace brother

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

IDK if I was just at the right place right time or however it worked out
But I have a wonderful opportunity to run This New CBD Gear.
Loompa Farms CBD crosses Came to me from One of the breeders doing the crosses Directly.
But that's all I know for sure. and that I am very very Lucky to have them.
A new Thread will be coming Just for CBD runs.
Peace FlyJ

jonnyonthespotaz

jonnyonthespotaz

Nice brother..good to hear..rly looking forward to dropping some of these soon..just waiting for this run to finish up..can't wait to c what u get out of those..peace

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Just tryin to help where I can
Maybe I can even get a few Tests done in the end to see where The Grow stands.
Peace FlyJ

Latest posts

Top Bottom