Recommended Nutrients For These Strains

• Thread starter ShastaCanna
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ShastaCanna

ShastaCanna

Looking for anyone with experience or advice on the nutrients on the market right now. I have been using Fox Farms for the last two years and am now able to use Advanced Nutrients on my next grow. I have read various posts about certain strains responding better than others to Advanced Nutrients and wanted to see if anyone has experience with the strains I will be growing and using Adv. Nutes.

I wil be growing Blue Dream, Gorilla Glue, Cinderella 99, Northern lights and Critical Kush as my mains strains. Each will have its own 1000w Gavita. Any recommendations on their feeding schedule would be appreciated as I have spoken to the reps on the phone about feeding and they recommended ADDING MORE for better results which scared me a bit.

Dbear180

Dbear180

I really like the General Hydro flora nova line with a few bloom boosters. Very simple. Three feeds & then flush, repeat. Great results. The only Advanced product I use is Carboload & thats for feeding my benies & giving the girls a few extra carbs.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking for anyone with experience or advice on the nutrients on the market right now. I have been using Fox Farms for the last two years and am now able to use Advanced Nutrients on my next grow. I have read various posts about certain strains responding better than others to Advanced Nutrients and wanted to see if anyone has experience with the strains I will be growing and using Adv. Nutes.

I wil be growing Blue Dream, Gorilla Glue, Cinderella 99, Northern lights and Critical Kush as my mains strains. Each will have its own 1000w Gavita. Any recommendations on their feeding schedule would be appreciated as I have spoken to the reps on the phone about feeding and they recommended ADDING MORE for better results which scared me a bit.
Ha ive ran advanced with most of those cuts start out slow and work your way up you can go higher but start slow

Dbear180

Dbear180

A local small hydro store owner calls Advanced "the copycats" & "commercial capitalists". Idk who they copied but he said you need a minimum 25k order to become an authorized dealer of their products so they are not a small "mom & pop style" store friendly company.
Really makes no diff to me since I only use the carboload but that's just what I've heard about them as a company.

ShastaCanna

ShastaCanna

Thanks for the input everyone. I always looked at Advanced as an overpriced nurtient but have ALWAYS heard rave reviews about the results. I am not sure if thats people with a big ego not willing to be honest or if its actually worth the extra money. What about Earth-Juice or Bio Canna?

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the input everyone. I always looked at Advanced as an overpriced nurtient but have ALWAYS heard rave reviews about the results. I am not sure if thats people with a big ego not willing to be honest or if its actually worth the extra money. What about Earth-Juice or Bio Canna?
I like earth juice but if i had to pick id go with advanced for my base and earth juice as additives just for ease

Dbear180

Dbear180

Love floranova cheep easy and effective

A few carbs, monster bloom, flora nova, & some floralicious+ work great for me.
20171203 183456

Dbear180

Dbear180

Did you stick to their recommended feeding schedule or modify?

I think so. I can't remember the exact numbers off the GH feed chart I had seen before but I know we were close. I've been doing the same thing for the last 5 years as Sensei instructed & the results have always been great. Gh's feed chart recommends more products but that is literally all I use in flower.

ShastaCanna

ShastaCanna

I think so. I can't remember the exact numbers off the GH feed chart I had seen before but I know we were close. I've been doing the same thing for the last 5 years as Sensei instructed & the results have always been great. Gh's feed chart recommends more products but that is literally all I use in flower.

I figured starting with the base and building (if needed) is best. Which weeks are you using the Carboload in? I have used bud candy weeks 2 through 8 with a 2 week straight R/O fush

Dbear180

Dbear180

I figured starting with the base and building (if needed) is best. Which weeks are you using the Carboload in? I have used bud candy weeks 2 through 8 with a 2 week straight R/O fush

Same 2-8. No Ro just a small boy sediment & carbon filter. Bud candy is a mix of Carboload & an old product AN offered called Sweet. I use the Carboload to keep my benies pumped up a a few extra carbs for the plant. Don't need the added products in Bud Candy. I've also heard it gives flower a weird taste.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
You can use whatever base and booster you want for any strain... just have to mess with the feed chart.

A simple base and booster is all you really need.

Stay away from monsanto brands if you dont wanna go to hell

ShastaCanna

ShastaCanna

Fuck Monsanto. Also flirting with the idea of coco and perlite rather than pure soil mix. Any experience there? The excess water drainage would not be an issue if the benefits are there

Dbear180

Dbear180

You can use whatever base and booster you want for any strain... just have to mess with the feed chart.

A simple base and booster is all you really need.

Stay away from monsanto brands if you dont wanna go to hell
20171205 203705

Dbear180

Dbear180

Fuck Monsanto. Also flirting with the idea of coco and perlite rather than pure soil mix. Any experience there? The excess water drainage would not be an issue if the benefits are there

I use Sunshine 4. Holds water for about 6-7 days in 7 gals. I like that schedule, easy to keep track of what I should be doing that week.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
Pretty sure flora nova is owned by scotts not 100 tho. Also im doing a coco run right now using sensi a and b and so far i love the growth rates

ShastaCanna

ShastaCanna

Pretty sure flora nova is owned by scotts not 100 tho. Also im doing a coco run right now using sensi a and b and so far i love the growth rates
What size pots and what are you running them under as far as wattage? I am curious on the reusability of coco with replacement perlite. It seems you could pull the main plants ball from the pots and place the new ones directly in. If true, I wouldn't run more than 3 times but would definitely reuse. Maybe flush the dirt.

Dbear180

Dbear180

What size pots and what are you running them under as far as wattage? I am curious on the reusability of coco with replacement perlite. It seems you could pull the main plants ball from the pots and place the new ones directly in. If true, I wouldn't run more than 3 times but would definitely reuse. Maybe flush the dirt.

I'm am VERY anti-reuse of anything indoor garden wise. I believe indoor products are designed to retain/hold what we put into them & it will always become toxic or hold some kind of undesirables even after a good flush. Starting fresh is always the best whether it be medium, nutes, lighting equipment, environment controllers, hvac etc. Theres usually no surprises with brand new stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom