Recycle Soil

• Thread starter Dr kabuki
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

I did an outdoor grow this year.Now that it is all over (very successful) I have all this high-end soil sitting in the yard. I was thinking of using for a very small indoor.
good idea or bad?

Dunge

Dunge

Good idea.

I remain too ignorant and fearful to do this.
Having a super-soil constant in my garden takes a giant load off.
Having rain water as another constant is also reassuring.

I use my spent grow soil for summer tomatoes and such.

Do it.
I'd like to follow the thread.

below frigid

below frigid

I did an outdoor grow this year.Now that it is all over (very successful) I have all this high-end soil sitting in the yard. I was thinking of using for a very small indoor.
good idea or bad?

I don't think bringing outdoor soil inside is such a good idea. Inside soil outdoors is OK. Soil reuse is always good but the outdoor bugs that may be in your soil could be very bad indoors! Just my opinion.

Underthesun

Underthesun

You could bring in bugs I suppose. You could bake your soil in the oven killing off all the bugs, then innoculate it with microbes after. I have not done this, but have read that people do it with their compost. I do not, I only grow outside.

Ceveres

Ceveres

I am reusing my indoor soil for the second time this run and have been very happy with the results so far. I didn't even reammend it, but will next time. Recycling is always good, but I'd have to agree with @below frigid You might find things crawling out of your pots and into your house lol Baking it is an interesting idea, but he's right, you'd be killing all of your micro herd as well so you'd need to reinnoculate.

Perception

Perception

I don’t think it’s a bad idea per say, but just be aware that you will almost definitely bring bugs in. When I did this, I ended up with powdery mildew, spider mites, and aphids.

I now use OG Biowar products for pest management, and if you did a soil drench with the Foliar pack, you might knock out the nasties.

Just have a plan, and be ready for bugs.

Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

Well so far so green ! I have not feed them yet but amazing how green an poping they look .will take a pic tonight.
I am concerned about all the bug warnings

Reactions: Ina
brazel

brazel

Like DT said bad idea, bug, virus, disease...the fifth element.... who knows!?
On another note you could get lucky

But what we do know is that there is outdoor and indoor, imo it should be kept that way. The only exemption would be moving indoor soil to Outdoors.
All this is only if you wanna you wanna ride on the I don't try it so I don't have to worry about it side.

But as dr. Seuss said you can bring your soil indoors on the house on the roof with green eggs and hams in a blanket under a blender in the kitchen cabinet in the sink beside the toilet you can basically do whatever you want to do with it!

Cheers

Dr kabuki

Dr kabuki

I will start spraying for mites. I don't have mites or bugs, But with all the warnings on here, I will start on Monday.
I have not feed anything to the girls. That's the way they are going. I will feed super light on Monday.
I did flush for a week an a half or so last round. I can't believe how well they are doing
so far so good on the test.

DSCN1299
DSCN1298
DSCN1297
DSCN1296
DSCN1295
Ina

Ina

I do that all the time,no problems at all:)From in to out mostly,but i always reuse my soil somehow:)Your plants look great!But they are outdoor to,didn't you said they are going to be in?

Latest posts

Top Bottom