Recycled Soil, What To Add?

• Thread starter Broken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Broken

Broken

I have about 20-25 gallons worth of used FoxFarm soil that was used for at least 2 grows.
How do I go about reusing it?

How about flushing it first?

I have a good size bag of worm castings another of bat guano and some dolimite lime.

Would it hurt to mix in a bag of FoxFarms CocoLoco potting mix I have?

Reactions: Ina
Ina

Ina

Worm castings is always nice,a little bit guano,may be you can add some bacteria or micoriza(mushrooms but i'm not sure how is that on ENG:)) in it,you can try to flush it or not,depends on what you going to do with it.....I would try few different ways and ingredients:)I've never tried Fox Farm,is it some kind of peat moss?I guess......Is it bio,i mean without chemical fertz in it?Also what did you add in it last 2 grows?:)I guess not chemistry judging by the guano and peat moss you have?:)Sometimes,when i reuse my soil,because i use manure from time to time and i add more things on second grow it is getting hot on N,not too good for small and seedlings.If you use mineral fertz than i guess it is better to flush it well......

Broken

Broken

New plan. I am going to use old soil for the wife's flowers.

The soil I'm going to use is FoxFarms Happy Frog potting soil. Just picked up 6 cu.ft. I will mix in pear-lite I already have.

"Happy Frog® Potting Soil is alive with beneficial microbes and fungi that help break down organic matter and feed the plant roots. Between the earthworm castings, the bat guano, and the aged forest products, your container plants have never felt so good. And don’t worry—FoxFarm uses only the highest quality, premium ingredients—no cheap fillers, no topsoil, no sludge."

Here is the one I have and am not sure about mixing in with the other

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

ocean forest and happy frog is good together,as far as reamending,if you use it outside,20 gal of used soil,i would go with 3 cups each of blood meal and bone meal,1 cup azomite add the coco like you want,just dont over power it,with 20 gal i would used 1 small brick of coco and a 5 gal bucket full of vermiculite,i would also add 5 gal of peat moss,stir all that shit up put it in a tote with lid and all over the top of soil i would use oatmeal over soil and give it a light water,just enough to get oatmeal wet,the lid on the tote will have condensation on it,if it doesnt a little tad of water on top of soil again,let it sit there and cook for a month or so ,then use it,,this will surprise ya

Broken

Broken

ocean forest and happy frog is good together,as far as reamending,if you use it outside,20 gal of used soil,i would go with 3 cups each of blood meal and bone meal,1 cup azomite add the coco like you want,just dont over power it,with 20 gal i would used 1 small brick of coco and a 5 gal bucket full of vermiculite,i would also add 5 gal of peat moss,stir all that shit up put it in a tote with lid and all over the top of soil i would use oatmeal over soil and give it a light water,just enough to get oatmeal wet,the lid on the tote will have condensation on it,if it doesnt a little tad of water on top of soil again,let it sit there and cook for a month or so ,then use it,,this will surprise ya

Thank you come spring her flowers will love it

Top Bottom