ReeferMan's Newberry

• Thread starter tokinblackguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tokinblackguy

tokinblackguy

Hey Reef, I think you need to promote this one a little more. i've gotten a couple pm's from folks here and numerous pm's from folks on other boards. i could only give my experience with em but you may be able to answer their questions more thoroughly.

here's one reply i made in a pm when asked:

hi ya doc.

it's been a while but i did thoroughly enjoy the newberry. its not stellar at any one thing imho but it manages to do everything well. i've described newberry before as a growers plant, meaning, and this is just my opinion, but its easy to grow, clones well, frosty as a mutha, lime green healthy yields from an easy to manage plant. mine showed 2 phenos that were similar in some aspects like the overlapping leaf pattern. one stays short and compact with long, chunky buds, the other is similar but buds are stretched out a little more. one pheno smelled of light chewing gum, the sweet kind, while the other is like a fruitopia with some added gum, very nice.

the thing i like most about newberry is that even though she was 85-90% indica, her sativa influence kept it from being a boring, down high, its kinda up actually with a little forehead sweat.

both phenos could be taken at 9 wks but leave for 10 for best results. hope this helps, any other questions, just holla

maybe you can fill the guys and gals in a little more Reef and watch the sales come flying in.

Z

zombywolf

TokinBG,

You are right on with this one. There are 2 strains that have been completely ignored on the boards from the master. Newberry is exactly as you described-solid indica based with
decent yield and excellent high. The other one is Majour Wreck. He stated on another thread that he wasnt happy with the the Trainwreck project (Majour Wreck) and would not continue with the work. I know that Zoo is a big supporter of his Wreck, and I love it as well. I think he needs to bring both of them to the farm ASAP.

tokinblackguy

tokinblackguy

dont forget about the burmese zomby, the exotic terpenes alone should make for some lovely crosses.

that settles it for me though, i'm going with the burmese, the newberry, and the c-99.

U

upnorthclones

newberry has had me interested since the first offering, I was always wondering why the hell it went away if it was so good?

J

Jalisco Kid

I grew out some Newberry.It did not stretch much but I still ended up with some nice buds. Suerte JK

mancordero

mancordero

do you guys know who the Newberry's parents are?
i've been wondering

tokinblackguy

tokinblackguy

do you guys know who the Newberry's parents are?
i've been wondering

parents were kept secret on this one. i do recall one of the parents being an afghan. from the description, it was a hint of inspiring sativa. "hint of" imo and loosely translated meaning non-dominant. what sativa that actually was is anyone's guess, with so many at his disposal:icon_dizzy: well, you get the idea.

i remember one time, i even pm'd reef begging to know about the background on his old boards. even threw in a few guesses of my own to try and squeeze it out of him. it had been a while since it was released and some of us thought it wasn't coming back.

reef set a big standard when he said "soon to be legendary" so maybe that's what took him so long to bring it back.

just gotta free up a few more tokens and i'll be able to get my hands on a pack of the re-release. commercial growers would love it, hell, everyone'll love it.

peace

tokin

Latest posts

Top Bottom