Refine Iso Hash Oil?

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CanadaDank

CanadaDank

Good point that extracting with a non polar solvent cuts to the chase, but not to forget that the longer carbon chain alkane hexane, doesn't purge gracefully and additional stips may be required.
I have a question to add to this that you can probably answer. What is isomerisation and can it be added as a final step to the hexane oil to make an even stronger and purer product?

CanadaDank

CanadaDank

Oh, and there is some other thing like isomerisation that creates an oil rather than a solid product... Can't remember the name though. Any idea?

EugeneOregon

EugeneOregon

Does anybody know if it is possible to refine iso hash oil into a more pure oil, maybe like a honey oil?

Thanks guys.

-TF
You can refine it to nearly pure using Alumina and silica gel. Total wax removal and total chlorophyl removal.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Graywolf,
Thanks for the response. I assume that you mean everclear 190 proof? Any other sources for 190 proof ethanol? Chemistry supply store? Are the waxes the good part? I assume that you have to evaporate or cook off the ethanol at the end as well. Thanks for the info man.

Dizzle,
Hmmm. I googled absolute amber. You dirty devil. You know I like the big booty. Mighty nice of you, but I'm talkin about hash oil:D

You got a link to that site?

-TF

We use Everclear or Clear Springs 190 proof.

The waxes are the throwaway when winterizing.

https://skunkpharmresearch.com/qwet-extraction/

Graywolf

Graywolf

I have a question to add to this that you can probably answer. What is isomerisation and can it be added as a final step to the hexane oil to make an even stronger and purer product?
Isomerizing is converting CBD to THC. On most recreational strains, bred to be low in CBD in the first place, there is not enough effect to be worth the effort.

Graywolf

Graywolf

You can refine it to nearly pure using Alumina and silica gel. Total wax removal and total chlorophyl removal.
We pulled off 14 different fractions with column chromatography and there is always short path.

Chromotography samples 1 1
J

Jniels

We pulled off 14 different fractions with column chromatography and there is always short path.

Were you winterizing and doing a hexane/saline solution wash, before dissolving the iso extract in hexane for this column chromatography?

As a side note, thank you Graywolf for your positive influence on the internet. I’ve been reading different forums for years, and learned a lot from intelligent people such as yourself. This is my first time posting so I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Were you winterizing and doing a hexane/saline solution wash, before dissolving the iso extract in hexane for this column chromatography?

As a side note, thank you Graywolf for your positive influence on the internet. I’ve been reading different forums for years, and learned a lot from intelligent people such as yourself. This is my first time posting so I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you.

We winterized, but didn't do a saline wash.

Thanks for the good thoughts brother! I believe that the forums are what we make them and what goes around comes around.

Acts of kindness don't melt the sociopaths heart, but they promote and encourage similar acts of kindness from the rest of us. Disharmonious acts sooner or later pretty much pisses everyone off, so their response is less likely to be kindly and in good humor as well.

One technique that helps me greatly is time. It allows JD, retired corporate warhorse, to morph into doppelganger Graywolf, who is a more nurturing kindly spirit, to reflect and edit my posts before hitting send. Sometimes my first response requires considerable editing.

Top Bottom