Removing Pesticide ?

• Thread starter Mr SG
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Mr SG

Work for a prop 215 company in north cali. had some oil test positive for p. seeing esticide. Has myclobutanil in it 2.40mg/kg. Looking to see if anyone has ideas. I was thinking a hexane wash looks like it is soluble in water.

View attachment Test Report PIM0350.pdf
Graywolf

Graywolf

Work for a prop 215 company in north cali. had some oil test positive for p. seeing esticide. Has myclobutanil in it 2.40mg/kg. Looking to see if anyone has ideas. I was thinking a hexane wash looks like it is soluble in water.

Prop 215 is medical, so I suggest scrapping the contaminated concentrate and focusing your efforts on eliminating the source.

Pharmer Joe fractionally distilled some contaminated concentrate and that pesticide came off with the monoterpenes, with residuals below the test cutoff limits of the GC/MS, but pesticides vary, so each would have to be evaluated separately.

We didn't do any follow through, because we are a medical cannabis research facility and even if we did get it out, who would use it if we were honest and told them about what we had done up front?

shemshemet

shemshemet

And when will we learn; that we do not immediately see, do not thoroughly test, and barely think about the long term effects of small dosages over time.

Or the interactions that may occur with pesticides and solvents/extraction methods.

Yes, maybe we can eventually figure these things out (for the most part), but at what expense? The extractions are not stopping...

M

Mr SG

plan b was to have it processed into the clear. we will be up front about what we did to the medicine to who ever we donate it to. we have to source material from different growers bc we have to many patient makes it hard to keep it 100percent clean all the time. Look to see if I can save this medicine and not have to throw it away. would be great I think if we could take bad medicine(not medicine) and turn it back to some thing usable/medicine. if not it will be thrown out. let me know what you thing the best way. Thanks for the help.

Graywolf

Graywolf

Love how peopke ask for help and information the responses are mainly corny bullshit. He knows it would be best to not have to clean his shit but he has a situation and needed help so either be helpful and give info or don't post anything. I really hate how it always turns into some shaming shit on this site when did we turn from giving information and knowledge into passing judgement and talking shit?

It sort of depends on the question, doesn't it? Sometimes the best answer, isn't a direct answer to the question, but an invitation to reality.............

shemshemet

shemshemet

Love how peopke ask for help and information the responses are mainly corny bullshit. He knows it would be best to not have to clean his shit but he has a situation and needed help so either be helpful and give info or don't post anything. I really hate how it always turns into some shaming shit on this site when did we turn from giving information and knowledge into passing judgement and talking shit?

Sometimes it is not about passing judgement on a fellow member, but informing the less informed members who are also reading the thread.

The question was pretty straight forward actually. Any idiot knows it's best to not have a contaminated source. Sonetimes u gotta deal with problems which doesn't need captain obvious answers

It is just untrue that any idiot knows it is best to have a contaminated source. Many people might just think it cleans right out perfectly, right at home in their kitchen.

The reason I brought attention and shamed contaminated sources is because I believe that should be the mindset. Reiteration is a powerful thing.

Graywolf

Graywolf

The question was pretty straight forward actually. Any idiot knows it's best to not have a contaminated source. Sonetimes u gotta deal with problems which doesn't need captain obvious answers
Are you the best person to complain about how someone else's question was answered?

Do you have a better answer to share?

M

Mr SG

we process 250 to 350 lbs of trim every 40 days. it is impossible to find that much clean material. we have 8 lbs of bad wax. would be better to not just throw it away. trying to run a company not a feel good drum circle. the product can be sold as is look to clean it before it is sold. clear or edibles or hexane wash( rather not takes to much time). I think the clear is the best option.

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
this is why forums are starting to suck... he is just looking for an answer. not an opinion.

shemshemet

shemshemet

Running a business? And you are considering Myclobutanil in your product? That is laughable. Please do some research on the history of pesticide use. And how quickly the use escalates. What some of the effects are, direct and indirect.

This is how industries turn to greedy money sucking crap.....no standards.

How about thinking of the "non-answers" as community standards?

And realize that if you are cleaning pesticides out of your oil, then you are doing something most of the community disagrees with.

Because simply put, it is disgusting.

Graywolf

Graywolf

this is why forums are starting to suck... he is just looking for an answer. not an opinion.

Forums have always offered both opinions and facts, so by your standards they've always sucked.

If someone asked you how many times to spin the cylinder when playing Russian roulette, what would you tell them?

Graywolf

Graywolf

we process 250 to 350 lbs of trim every 40 days. it is impossible to find that much clean material. we have 8 lbs of bad wax. would be better to not just throw it away. trying to run a company not a feel good drum circle. the product can be sold as is look to clean it before it is sold. clear or edibles or hexane wash( rather not takes to much time). I think the clear is the best option.

I certainly relate to the business problem, but how about a feel bad drum circle?

By "can be sold as is", are you saying that the pesticide residue meets current standards as is, and you are trying to make it cleaner?

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

make edibles if you're really going to use it- myclobutanil is only toxic when combusted/inhaled or intravenously. Unless you're drinking half the bottle it won't kill you or sterilize you or wipe your Dna clean if it's digested. plus once put into edibles 2.5 ppm myclobutanil isn't going to show.

If it was me in your boat, I would be doing my gc tests on my starting material instead of the finished product to eliminate these problems in the first place. Weeding out the bad sources is going to improve your business greatly, and will save your ass the day the department of agriculture cracks down like they did in Oregon and Colorado.

M

Mr SG

make edibles if you're really going to use it- myclobutanil is only toxic when combusted/inhaled or intravenously. Unless you're drinking half the bottle it won't kill you or sterilize you or wipe your Dna clean if it's digested. plus once put into edibles 2.5 ppm myclobutanil isn't going to show.

If it was me in your boat, I would be doing my gc tests on my starting material instead of the finished product to eliminate these problems in the first place. Weeding out the bad sources is going to improve your business greatly, and will save your ass the day the department of agriculture cracks down like they did in Oregon and Colorado.
thanks for the help. we did test the material before we run it and got a clean result then re tested it after we processed it and was positive of pesticides. never happen before. thing the lab might have messed up.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

thanks for the help. we did test the material before we run it and got a clean result then re tested it after we processed it and was positive of pesticides. never happen before. thing the lab might have messed up.

its possible...pretty weird if everything tested negative. Hope you get it figured out

D

DANKSY

Premium Member
Supporter
Forums have always offered both opinions and facts, so by your standards they've always sucked.

If someone asked you how many times to spin the cylinder when playing Russian roulette, what would you tell them?
yes. they asked a question. i will give them an answer. without opinion.

Top Bottom