Rental In Ri How Can My Landlord Tell Me I Can't Grow

• Thread starter Farmingchef
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudBogart

BudBogart

Are you on a month to month rental or do you have a lease? If there is a contract, I would ask the landlord which provision of the contract that he thinks you are violating. Just telling you " no" isn't enough if you are already in the unit. The contract may say he can kick you out with proper notice without cause.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Best advice I can offer is DONT grow in an apt. period. You have no rights or security growing in a multi family dwelling. You might get lucky once or twice and it's been done, but is that a chance your willing to take.?

Does your state allow personal grows??? And even if they do your landlord has final say as he is the property owner.
Not to mention risk of other people's health. ;) It's almost like drinking and driving get away a 1000 times and then you kill someone.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

does your state statue say anything about It?

our statue is clear

(6) A registered cardholder may cultivate or manufacture marijuana as allowed under 50-46-319 only:
(a) at a property that is owned by the cardholder; or
(b) with written permission of the landlord, at a property that is rented or leased by the cardholder.
(7) No portion of the property used for cultivation and manufacture of marijuana for use by the registered cardholder may be shared with or rented or leased to a provider, a marijuana-infused products

M

Mepis

The problem is it's still illegal federally. Under the laws, the feds and government can still seize the property if they caught you growing.

Now, this is extremely unlikely. The feds aren't going to waste their time with someone growing a couple plants, and the Obama administration already stated they aren't going to actively investigate and prosecute in legal states. There really is no risk to you or the landlord, except for property damage.

My point is, the risk is all the landlords and not yours. They have a lot more to lose then you do. I'd respect their wishes.

With that said, though, too, if it's a private landlord and not through a rental company, it doesn't hurt to have a heart to heart and let them know your game plan for not screwing the property up. That's most likely their biggest concern.

T

Tess

Hello,
I am looking into a rental property; I prefer to be on more country location, and looking to a landlord that won't pick on me for growing my med, I am very clean and organized, but I know that lots of landlord had bad experiences, does anyone can help me to find a way to look for rentals in RI
Thank you,
Tess

T

Tess

Try craigslist?
Thank you, I understand I have look at Zillow etc.... However since I have never being in RI, i am completely lost about neighborhoods, towns, I am planning to go to RI for a week trip to chose a house; but it would be very helpful to find a local resident to give some tips; and even maybe a landlord or a real estate that could assist me finding a place that are dog friendly and won't give me a hard time growing my medication; also I am looking for a home not in a busy town but more on the country side; thank you !

T

Tess

The problem is it's still illegal federally. Under the laws, the feds and government can still seize the property if they caught you growing.

Now, this is extremely unlikely. The feds aren't going to waste their time with someone growing a couple plants, and the Obama administration already stated they aren't going to actively investigate and prosecute in legal states. There really is no risk to you or the landlord, except for property damage.

My point is, the risk is all the landlords and not yours. They have a lot more to lose then you do. I'd respect their wishes.

With that said, though, too, if it's a private landlord and not through a rental company, it doesn't hurt to have a heart to heart and let them know your game plan for not screwing the property up. That's most likely their biggest concern.
I know someone in California that was prosecuted for growing in his farm, and he got out due to a very clever attorney; the penal code say that you cannot grow, etc cannabis Sativa (that is the wording in the criminal law ) however he proved that he was not growing cannabis Sativa, but cannabis Indica! And case dropped! Since the criminal codes are so old at the time it was writing all we knew was Sativa; so is no reference to Indica; even being in the same family it isn't the same plant and it was never mention in the law! It is even s tv documentary about it, calls weed ...; weed country ... Or similar

Top Bottom