Res Temps From Seedling To Harvest?

• Thread starter tinpth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

tinpth

I believe the general consensus is that a res temp of around 68 is generally ideal, but I’ve also heard from some seasoned growers that seedlings will thrive more under slightly warmer temps, and then on the flip side you should go a bit lower during late flower.

I’m running hydroguard and a chiller so I can do whatever I want. I have some seedlings and I’m currently at 73 degrees, and my plan is to lower it by 1 degree a week until I get to 68, then stick at 68 until late flower when I am thinking of slowly dropping from there to 65 and even as low as 60.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is this totally micro-managing things in which case I’d be better off just sticking with 68 the entire time?

Oh and on a somewhat related note, what are your thoughts on lights on vs off temp diff? So much conflicting info when I search. It seems like half the people say to strive for 5-10 degrees difference, and the other half say the ideal is no diff at all. Does it even matter? My seedlings aren’t stretching with a ~10 degree diff currently, running 20 on and 4 off.(These are autos)

Last edited:
Freshone

Freshone

I think they say 68 because thats the best temp for holding dissolved oxygen,as long as your in the zone and not shocking your plants with huge swings I think you'll be fine,same for air temps.

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
Only reason to run that low is coloring. If u don’t care about that save some cash and keep 68 70. Hell my res has been 73 before I don’t freak unless it’s above 75

Top Bottom