• Thread starter Monster762
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

First all plants are revegs
Pro mix with worm casting sand and
Perelite
These leaf spots keep coming. Can’t identify. They are now in like day 4 flower. But the leaf spotting comes n goes. Obviously the damaged leaves stay damaged. Feed right now is mainly water. Calmag and a light dose of pk were given about a week back but this has been on n off longer. I thought it was just during reveg. I’ve tried flush too. It looks good for a few days then bang all over again. And I’ve scoped leaves with 100x
red spots like rust
Revegged plants with leaf spots
Revegged plants with leaf spots 2
Revegged plants with leaf spots 3

Monster762

Monster762

Perelite
These leaf spots keep coming. Can’t identify. They are now in like day 4 flower. But the leaf spotting comes n goes. Obviously the damaged leaves stay damaged. Feed right now is mainly water. Calmag and a light dose of pk were given about a week back but this has been on n off longer. I thought it was just during reveg. I’ve tried flush too. It looks good for a few days then bang all over again. And I’ve scoped leaves with 100x
red spots like rust View attachment 759909View attachment 759910View attachment 759911
No bugs

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

russet mites?

Perelite
red spots like rust View attachment 759909View attachment 759910View attachment 759911

Organikz

Organikz

Perelite
There's the problem. You're adding calmag to an ewc based soil. Magnesium is a binding agent.

Truth is cal/mag def doesn't exist in soils based from ewc.

Too much magnesium causes potassium and calcium lock out and can actually lock itself out. If you feel the need feed in foliar. Keep it out the dirt

Monster762

Monster762

There's the problem. You're adding calmag to an ewc based soil. Magnesium is a binding agent.

Too much magnesium causes potassium and calcium lock out and can actually lock itself out. If you feel the need feed in foliar. Keep it out the dirt
Ok. I tried calmag foliar it did nothing but got worse. How do I get back to where I can work with it. A total flush just makes symptoms worse next day after flush burned spotted leaves show up everywhere. I want to say it might be the water bit it’s city drinking water from a reservoir I fish in. I don’t see how it could poison plants. The calmag was because I thought I had deficiency. I don’t give calmag regularly. I’ll cut the calmag.

Monster762

Monster762

Feed me...
Yeah I been holding back because my pk nutes are real strong I didn’t want to hit too early. I’m gonna feed 1/4 strength see if it helps. I flushed recently to find that just made it worse. But I did run it out in reveg. The npk in the soil is real low. Has to be. I had problems last grow where I still had too much n at harvest after 2 week flush so I ran it all thin this time.

Organikz

Organikz

I can tell you how to fix but it's an organic remedy and will fix any and all deficiencies and add balance to soil. Make a compost and kelp meal slurry.

Add a 1/2 cup of compost and 1/4 cup kelp meal to 5g unchlorinated water. I use rain water. It actually has nitrogen and microbes. I bubble that for 24 hours. Don't let it go more than 26 or you start losing diversity.

Add 10ml of fulvic acid and 1 cup aloe juice right before you water it in. Do a root drench. This should flush any salts or excess built up nutrients while restoring balance.

Some people use mesh bags to hold the compost but I have mulch so I don't have to use a sprayer. I water with a 1g pitcher. No need for me to strain I water dregs and all in.

Dregs are always good. Dregs are the solids left behind. I always top dress those. When you make a tea you've pulled very little nutrients out compared to what is still locked in the dregs. Now you've made a fast deliver along with a slow feed.

Last concern is sand...why?...sand has the worst CEC. in the future go for pumice or biochar. This could be a problem also. Potassium which I believe youre lacking is the easiest nutrient to be leeched. Biochar and pumice act as storage facilities for leeched nutrients and will eventually make their way back up to where the plants can access them due to microbial transport.

Last edited:
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm inclined to agree with stacker....... If these are revegs and in same pots as they were flowered out in then probably your soil is lacking in nutrients. I have a question are any of the leaves you showed in the pics you posted from the original plant that are left over from flowering? Reason I ask is some of the leaves look like the autumn fade due to senescence from anthocyanin which is normal. Is this condition happening to any of the new growth since you started revegging? Those were just some questions as I'm thinking out loud.

If those leaves arent just left over plant matter from the flowering stages and it is new growth I would say get back to a good npk regimen based on a nutrient deficiency in the soil as the plants when flowering would have left your soil fairly barren in nutes. When I reveg I always do a good flush ( I sue aloe and fulvic acid) to wash away any residual stuff and then start a good npk schedule to compensate for lack of nutes left in the soil.

Some of those leaf shots look like it could be lack of molybdenum, phosphorous or potassium which would make sense as these minerals were used up during your previous flowering. Get back to feeding on a regular schedule. And keep in mind, dont worry so much on the existing leaves be looking for changes in your new growth. Because many deficiencies on existing leaves typically dont recover. And in diagnosing mineral deficiencies you will always get a faster result using foliar feeds as it saves time getting the condition nailed. But at the end of the day you need to replenish your soil and restore balance!!! I gots to get to be more like my bro stacka. His one liners are much easier ........... :D

chemistry

chemistry

If you didn't use flower nuits instead of veg nuits for reveg, then I'd have a good look at your roots, I've never seen so many deficiencies on one leaf in my life. lol And I'm not knocking you bud, because we all grow the odd oddity now and then, it's a part of growing life.

Organikz

Organikz

Ok. I tried calmag foliar it did nothing but got worse. How do I get back to where I can work with it. A total flush just makes symptoms worse next day after flush burned spotted leaves show up everywhere. I want to say it might be the water bit it’s city drinking water from a reservoir I fish in. I don’t see how it could poison plants. The calmag was because I thought I had deficiency. I don’t give calmag regularly. I’ll cut the calmag.
Whoa I didn't see this. You should RO this. VOCs and nitrates, nitrites, and cal/mag are all in that water. Its a touch and go. Its a mystery as to what your plants are taking up at this point or where your soil stands.

I know a guy who has to RO for organic because his nitrates are so high on his water source. His soil was going sodic.

Look up a water analysis for your jurisdiction and screenshot and post.

Monster762

Monster762

Whoa I didn't see this. You should RO this. VOCs and nitrates, nitrites, and cal/mag are all in that water. Its a touch and go. Its a mystery as to what your plants are taking up at this point or where your soil stands.

I know a guy who has to RO for organic because his nitrates are so high on his water source. His soil was going sodic.

Look up a water analysis for your jurisdiction and screenshot and post.
Ok I’ll try to look it up

Monster762

Monster762

72F1D910 B44C 46E2 B372 721F162DFCDF
B9F3C358 9A44 47AF BEB8 11B939B83DAC
Not sure this helps. Most recent test was 2016. But it’s also a housing project which has its own water treatment plant. So numbers may not be anywhere near these.
I can get purified water. I used this water last grow and around 4-5 weeks in flower had same random stuff showing all kinds of problems. I just finished flowering. Using half distilled n half tap. These were reveg cause I didn’t have room to flower the deisel. Then the 4 clones were taken at 7 wk flower off my best plant. So revegged too. I’m going to run them til they die either way I’m just trying to figure this out in hopes of a better outcome and to not go through it once my bigger room is ready. I have 5 seeds left but not popping them til I figure this out.

Monster762

Monster762

potassium
potassium-deficiency-cannabis_0.jpg

phosphorous
phosphorus-deficiency-cannabis.jpg

Molydbendum

molybdenum-deficiency-cannabis_0.jpg
Ok kinda looks like all of these. That’s what’s making it hard. I gave a light pk boost. The nute was beastie bloomz but I cut it to 1/4 of the strength. This showed before the pk boost and didn’t correct. Stalled a few days then came back worse. The reason for 1/4 strength is the 0-50-30 seems way high to me. Or should I be giving more. Sorry this is only second time growing and first time actually did better. This is pretty bad but I don’t want to throw out. Not after months of reveg and getting to where I could flip em. The diesel litterally took the whole flower term 9 weeks to reveg. The clones revegged real fast. Like 2 weeks ready to go. Then all this shows up. Clones started at litterally 1-1/2 inches tall. Now over a foot. One struggled with leaf issues the whole time. Others were perfect til a week ago. Now steady downhill. But they grow. Just look real bad. Already have pistils 4 days 12/12. So they are transitioning just not healthy. The signs showed before 12/12. I though pk so I gave a little bit it made it worse. I tried to flush week or so ago she saw signs. Just made it worse.

Monster762

Monster762

Ok kinda looks like all of these. That’s what’s making it hard. I gave a light pk boost. The nute was beastie bloomz but I cut it to 1/4 of the strength. This showed before the pk boost and didn’t correct. Stalled a few days then came back worse. The reason for 1/4 strength is the 0-50-30 seems way high to me. Or should I be giving more. Sorry this is only second time growing and first time actually did better. This is pretty bad but I don’t want to throw out. Not after months of reveg and getting to where I could flip em. The diesel litterally took the whole flower term 9 weeks to reveg. The clones revegged real fast. Like 2 weeks ready to go. Then all this shows up. Clones started at litterally 1-1/2 inches tall. Now over a foot. One struggled with leaf issues the whole time. Others were perfect til a week ago. Now steady downhill. But they grow. Just look real bad. Already have pistils 4 days 12/12. So they are transitioning just not healthy. The signs showed before 12/12. I though pk so I gave a little bit it made it worse. I tried to flush week or so ago she saw signs. Just made it worse.
For some reason I actually though flipping to 12/12 and giving pk and calmag would help.

P

Pimples

Bingo..we have a winner. With worm castings...you shouldnt need a calcium nor magnesium supplement.

Organikz

Organikz

I think you're water is high in salt. My county is topped at .3 ppm and your highest reading is 1.93. Over 10 is toxic to human.

That doesn't even include nitrite or VOCs which break down to nitrate.

It's hard to know where you stand honestly...you just have to reset and i would suggest an R/O.

There is an antagonist at work here.

Organikz

Organikz

Can I add your water is high in sulfur. I've been there. Smells like rotten eggs. You're just sitting on a nitrite bomb bro. I think your soil has gone sodic. Flush as suggested. You need to use aloe or yuca. They are wetting agents and help carry heavy metals through.

Calmag is calcium nitrate also.

Im in Richmond.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom