Rhino Skin.. What More Could You Ask For?

• Thread starter 123grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpiderK

SpiderK

potassium silicate

can be purchase " pure " online for a very , very small fraction of the price of ....... Rhino Skin'

123grow

Go to the link and read the WHOLE article.. I found it interesting. IMO

20170817 090152
20170817 090417

123grow

Some products have Sodium Silicate which you DON'T want, its not good for your medical marijuana plants.. too much salt. Best to Avoid all Botanicare products, like Silica Blast ect... ~ CHEAPER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!! (it takes money to make money!) Happy growing ~Julie

xenon730

xenon730

Some products have Sodium Silicate which you DON'T want, its not good for your medical marijuana plants.. too much salt. Best to Avoid all Botanicare products, like Silica Blast ect... ~ CHEAPER IS NOT ALWAYS BETTER!! (it takes money to make money!) Happy growing ~Julie
What is the purpose of this thread to you? Big buds mag is just a fake zine for advertising advanced nutrients. Rhino skin is way too diluted and a waste of money. If you need to keep it liquid dynagro protekt and general hydroponics armorsi are both same ingredient, not super diluted, and obviously the better choice. I don't understand why you're posting this at all though and its unfair to call anything related to "bigbudsmag" an article. They are advertisements.

123grow

What is the purpose of this thread to you? Big buds mag is just a fake zine for advertising advanced nutrients. Rhino skin is way too diluted and a waste of money. If you need to keep it liquid dynagro protekt and general hydroponics armorsi are both same ingredient, not super diluted, and obviously the better choice. I don't understand why you're posting this at all though and its unfair to call anything related to "bigbudsmag" an article. They are advertisements.
SORRY.. I didn't mean to make you so mad. Some how i stumbled across it and thought it was interesting, Not the site itself just what was said about the plants needing potassium silicate ect... I don't know the plants inside and out so i thought i was learning something else that sounded interesting and convincing to me. For me, it had Nothing to do with bigbudsmag. ~ It was only in my opinion. (IMO) Sorry again, Julie

xenon730

xenon730

SORRY.. I didn't mean to make you so mad. Some how i stumbled across it and thought it was interesting, Not the site itself just what was said about the plants needing potassium silicate ect... I don't know the plants inside and out so i thought i was learning something else that sounded interesting and convincing to me. For me, it had Nothing to do with bigbudsmag. ~ It was only in my opinion. (IMO) Sorry again, Julie
You're adding emotion where it isn't. Check out the products i listed in my previous post to get the benefits of potassium silicate at a much better price and save your money. Now you also know big buds mag is advertising and not a reliable information source. Best of luck with your endeavors.

123grow

You're adding emotion where it isn't. Check out the products i listed in my previous post to get the benefits of potassium silicate at a much better price and save your money. Now you also know big buds mag is advertising and not a reliable information source. Best of luck with your endeavors.
Hi, if you don't mind me asking, what would you recommend? Do you use potassium silicate? ~ Thanks, Julie

Monster762

Monster762

Hi, if you don't mind me asking, what would you recommend? Do you use potassium silicate? ~ Thanks, Julie
Rhino skin is ok. I use it. A lot of people here bash advanced nutrients. I'm not exactly sure why. It does the job. I hear a lot about expense too but I still don't see it not being worth what it cost. I figure costs on everything I do. That's why I have plants equivalent to these multi thousand dollar setups for my entire setup being around $500. That includes lights fans soil drywall everything except the seeds. The seeds were the biggest bite of my whole cost. I don't sell anything but if I wanted to my smallest plant would cover everything I spent. And I know the quality won't be lacking at all. For the $10-$20 it might cost a small grower to supply silica it's worth it. Now on large scale such as warehouse style grows yeah advanced nutrients may not be cost effective. But someone just dipping thier feet in it's easy to use and does the job it says it does.

Organikz

Organikz

You want the real deal you want tm7 or fulpower (fulvic acid). I use protekt but bioag also makes a ag17 I think is what's it's called. Truth is if you grow in soil buying silica to feed your plants is like buying bags of oxygen to breathe. It's everywhere. 1 cup of worm castings contains enough silica for a whole grow.

I only use this stuff as an emulsifier and to help carry top dresses into my soil.

A plant doesn't require much silica because it's carbon based nor does it benefit enough to buy a product. I've never seen symptoms of silica deficiency.

123grow

Rhino skin is ok. I use it. A lot of people here bash advanced nutrients. I'm not exactly sure why. It does the job. I hear a lot about expense too but I still don't see it not being worth what it cost. I figure costs on everything I do. That's why I have plants equivalent to these multi thousand dollar setups for my entire setup being around $500. That includes lights fans soil drywall everything except the seeds. The seeds were the biggest bite of my whole cost. I don't sell anything but if I wanted to my smallest plant would cover everything I spent. And I know the quality won't be lacking at all. For the $10-$20 it might cost a small grower to supply silica it's worth it. Now on large scale such as warehouse style grows yeah advanced nutrients may not be cost effective. But someone just dipping thier feet in it's easy to use and does the job it says it does.
~Thank you for your reply.. We just started using it only 1 time so far, need to buy more a gallon was only enough for the 1 time. lol yes its expensive ( aprox. $80 a gal.) so its just an extra $80 a week. That's fine as long as it works. But i am just checking to see what else is good out there. I read that Botanicare's Silica Blast contains Sodium Silicate(too much salt) and Dyna Gro makes a “Pro-TeKt” product that contains potassium silicate; Dutch Master and Grotek also make silicate products. { but Botanicare, Dyna Gro, Dutch Master and Grotek were asked how their products work for marijuana, but they refused to talk about marijuana growing. } ?? That's what I read so those products didn't sound very promising to me. THAT'S JUST MY OPINION .. Thanks again, ~ Julie

Organikz

Organikz

~Thank you for your reply.. We just started using it only 1 time so far, need to buy more a gallon was only enough for the 1 time. lol yes its expensive ( aprox. $80 a gal.) so its just an extra $80 a week. That's fine as long as it works. But i am just checking to see what else is good out there. I read that Botanicare's Silica Blast contains Sodium Silicate(too much salt) and Dyna Gro makes a “Pro-TeKt” product that contains potassium silicate; Dutch Master and Grotek also make silicate products. { but Botanicare, Dyna Gro, Dutch Master and Grotek were asked how their products work for marijuana, but they refused to talk about marijuana growing. } ?? That's what I read so those products didn't sound very promising to me. THAT'S JUST MY OPINION .. Thanks again, ~ Julie
...youve been had by the hydro shop kid...ive had my qt of protekt for 3 months and it's half full. I use a half tsp a week

I'm going to share a secret with you and the hydro guys wouldn't believe this. You can foliar feed any nutrient at half dose. It's next to impossible to burn the plants. Plants take up more nutrients than they need through osmotic pressure while drawing water through the roots

I foliar feed compost...sounds crazy right

Don't worry the hydro shop kid got me too. He also told me it takes 5 years to cook soil. I build my own soil from peat moss, worm castings, and pumice and I can plant in it that day with some kelp meal, karanja cake, and malted barley flour.

Last edited:

123grow

I use it for heat stress and branch strength. It works as advertised from my experiences. Never noticed a difference in trichome production or potency though. I've only ever used pro-tekt.
~ Thank you for your response, that is good to know. ~Julie

123grow

You want the real deal you want tm7 or fulpower (fulvic acid). I use protekt but bioag also makes a ag17 I think is what's it's called. Truth is if you grow in soil buying silica to feed your plants is like buying bags of oxygen to breathe. It's everywhere. 1 cup of worm castings contains enough silica for a whole grow.

I only use this stuff as an emulsifier and to help carry top dresses into my soil.

A plant doesn't require much silica because it's carbon based nor does it benefit enough to buy a product. I've never seen symptoms of silica deficiency.
~ Interesting!! Thank you for the info. ~ Julie

Organikz

Organikz

If you are aiming to feed tm7 is the ticket. It's loaded with humic acid and micros. It also contains silica. The action of the microbes will release amino acids that are in an uptakeable form. This does stimulate resin production.

1503203075236360724921-jpg.731723

I feed malted barley flour and fulpower which is going to give similar effect and I swear my blackberry is already forming resin glands and it's still in veg. I just noticed it. I'm kinda tripping out about it.

Edit...if you're on hydro I recommend +LIFE.

Last edited:

123grow

Lol.. Duh me, Never mind, sorry i just re-read your post on what you would recommend. Thanks, Julie

123grow

If you are aiming to feed tm7 is the ticket. It's loaded with humic acid and micros. It also contains silica. The action of the microbes will release amino acids that are in an uptakeable form. This does stimulate resin production.

1503203075236360724921-jpg.731723

I feed malted barley flour and fulpower which is going to give similar effect and I swear my blackberry is already forming resin glands and it's still in veg. I just noticed it. I'm kinda tripping out about it.

Edit...if you're on hydro I recommend +LIFE.
I was just interested in the silica. Thanks for the info. Whats the spots all over that leaf? Looks like mites? Thanks, Julie

Organikz

Organikz

I was just interested in the silica. Thanks for the info. Whats the spots all over that leaf? Looks like mites? Thanks, Julie
Those are resin glands...THC. the plant is 3 weeks from sprout and I haven't flipped. See what I'm getting at? I'm explaining to you that aiming to feed silica isn't the best choice. Your plant isn't silica based, it's carbon based. The benefits of silica are more about the osmotic barrier it creates for your roots to prevent root rot in hydro. In organics we use it for foliar sprays because it emulsifies neem oil in water and it's a good wetting agent.

If you use the 2 products together in a feed you're covering what bud swell products claim to do, micro nutrients including silica which I explained isn't needed. It's a farce. Carbonates such as calcium carbonate, magnesium, and iron make strong cells. Think of how drinking more milk makes more bone density.

You are also unlocking a little secret to real results regarding strong stems and resinous buds...enzymes acting on minerals aka carbon and breaking them down into their most uptakeable form.

Latest posts

Top Bottom