Right Cfl?

• Thread starter dart3z
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dart3z

dart3z

I am living in a country where its really hard to find certificated lightning products. And i dont want to order "grow lights" from outside. Now i have 3x 105 watt 6400k and 1x 2700k CFL bulbs. color rendering index of all lamps are higher than 85%
ps: i am planing grow 3 plants

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Are you planning on flowering them under those as well?

Reactions: Ina
Ina

Ina

You can definitely use them for veg,you can start with less than 4 and add them while vegging,also I think it is good that you have one "warm",mixed light is good.Depends on the plants and how big you want them to be.May be you should train and tie them in order to have only tops directly under the light with no stems and sticks protruding high:) because these bulbs are great for veg, not so good for flowering but with 4 x 100w you can do it I think.Also you can always add some LEDS during flowering if you need to,more light is always better in that stage.Yes,use more warm in flowering and a little blue.I was doing that: when i'm in veg 400 MH with some warm bulbs and the opposite when i'm in flower-400HPS(but it was street HPS I also live in country where I buy what I can affort in the moment) with about 100w "cold" bulbs...….My MH was also the cheapest,not "grow":)

dart3z

dart3z

You can definitely use them for veg,you can start with less than 4 and add them while vegging,also I think it is good that you have one "warm",mixed light is good.Depends on the plants and how big you want them to be.May be you should train and tie them in order to have only tops directly under the light with no stems and sticks protruding high:) because these bulbs are great for veg, not so good for flowering but with 4 x 100w you can do it I think.Also you can always add some LEDS during flowering if you need to,more light is always better in that stage.Yes,use more warm in flowering and a little blue.I was doing that: when i'm in veg 400 MH with some warm bulbs and the opposite when i'm in flower-400HPS(but it was street HPS I also live in country where I buy what I can affort in the moment) with about 100w "cold" bulbs...….My MH was also the cheapest,not "grow":)
I did some research on markets. Actually there is some proper hps lights which people use in agriculture. And there is high quality studio mh light. Last days i think about moving to mh,hps

Monster762

Monster762

I did some research on markets. Actually there is some proper hps lights which people use in agriculture. And there is high quality studio mh light. Last days i think about moving to mh,hps
If you go to a mh or hips try to get a cool tube hood. So you can put exhaust straight to one end and suck air through it from the tent or box. Getting rid of your heat too.
But for the most part you can’t go wrong with an old school hps setup.definately blow the cfls away. heat is the issue. And make sure you have room to keep the bulb off the tops.

dart3z

dart3z

If you go to a mh or hips try to get a cool tube hood. So you can put exhaust straight to one end and suck air through it from the tent or box. Getting rid of your heat too.
But for the most part you can’t go wrong with an old school hps setup.definately blow the cfls away. heat is the issue. And make sure you have room to keep the bulb off the tops.
Probably we dont have cool tube hood. But if decide to move i will look for it or make

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Dude you need 3000K cobs or pcbs with good led diodes, they don’t need to be for growing specificaly, all those leds emit true full spectrum. Cbx3590 cobs are the best as far as spectrum goes but a 3000K and 80+ Cri cobs will get the job done, you can look up the datasheet from the internet and most of these lights have relatively same spectrum. For pcbs, samsung 561s are what quantum boards are based on but again, there are many pcbs, plug and play and they have good spectrums, you just have to look at the datasheets of those specific chips and compare it to the samsung 561 and cbx3590 and closer you can get is better, or if you can just order 2-3 cree cbx3590, heatsinks and drivers. It will emit less infrared so less heat to deal with than hps which is good for a small space.

dart3z

dart3z

Dude you need 3000K cobs or pcbs with good led diodes, they don’t need to be for growing specificaly, all those leds emit true full spectrum. Cbx3590 cobs are the best as far as spectrum goes but a 3000K and 80+ Cri cobs will get the job done, you can look up the datasheet from the internet and most of these lights have relatively same spectrum. For pcbs, samsung 561s are what quantum boards are based on but again, there are many pcbs, plug and play and they have good spectrums, you just have to look at the datasheets of those specific chips and compare it to the samsung 561 and cbx3590 and closer you can get is better, or if you can just order 2-3 cree cbx3590, heatsinks and drivers. It will emit less infrared so less heat to deal with than hps which is good for a small space.
Today i bought mh and hps bulbs. I will try with them. I will attach photos below. I need some reviews about them.
Ordered total 120 watt (white,photo red and royal blue) cree cobs.

20180806 190137

Latest posts

Top Bottom