River Time

• Thread starter samekh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

samekh

I'm out near the Oregon Coast and along a river. We have a hell of a microclimate here and it rains an absolute ton in the winter time. This year is my first grow, all outdoors, no tent, just fully exposed. Several are in a squarefoot gardening box with just 6" of soil. We planted those beginning of May, but I'm new to this and we did not fertilize until several months later and missed out on a bunch of growth. Still, buds are looking good and I'll get something out of them even though the yield will be pretty small. Early July a buddy felt sorry for me and brought some additional starts by and I stuck those in the ground with some potting soil. They were already around 12" high and super healthy. By this time we were fertilizing regularly and these have grown well given the late start (2-3' tall each). Here are some pics from earlier today. What I'm wondering for the most part now is when to harvest. I'm thinking of getting one of those magnifiers for my iPhone so that I can have a look at the tricomes, but is that really necessary? Can I just do some estimates on the pistils changing color and call it good? This is all for personal and totally legal here so I don't need to worry about quality much other than what I intend on using it for, which is quite minimal: smoking maybe 6 grams per year plus wanting to make a bunch of tincture to replace all the CBD gummies that are being consumed by my household for medical purposes. Here are the photos, and thanks for what looks to be a great forum! Cheers, my fellow farmers. :)

CBD Critical Mass

Kosher Kush

ACDC

Jack's Cleaner

SS/BM (anyone know what this stands for? -- it was a gift and I forgot)

Siskaberry

Last edited:
S

samekh

Hmm, it seems my image posting didn't work. I used the image link from the format bar and pasted in links to Imgur. What happened?

S

samekh

OK, uploaded files. Thanks y'all! In this order:

ACDC
CBD Critical Mass
Jack's Cleaner
Kosher Kush
Siskaberry
SS-BM

ACDC
CBD Critical Mass
Jacks Cleaner