Rockwool and Jacks? TF Says why the hell not? Take II

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

suspect,
drip to waste all the way. I use dripper stakes, they never clog on me. Nutrient tank stays stable for a week.

sd,
room is 10 x 10 x 7

-TF

architek

architek

What are those nipples you use for the 1/4" drip line coming from the PVC? Are they threaded on one side? Do you have them glued in? Where did you get them? I wanna use them for my tables instead of that leaky polyline setup as usual

spacebomb

spacebomb

hey bro:-) im just about to do a rock wool run:-) 1,st time. im using the 4,in bloks and the bads of lil r.w cubes.can u advise me on anything pls bro? like im getting canna aqua base nutes and have my bigbud,p.k 9.18,etc.cal mag. can you give me any tips?ie,what the best way to do it is?pls just the basiks pls bro if u dont mind eh?thank you eitherwat man.hope u get back to me!:-).
space
I was just transplanting those cuts, and noticed that the roots are insane! Way
better than last time. The tray was the only change!

Check it out. This is MxB after 12 days from cut!

View attachment 200402View attachment 200403

Some OGR Super Skunk

View attachment 200405

This tray insert is the shiznit for cloning with rockwool. It's even made by
Grodan. I got 100% success looking like that in 12 days.
View attachment 200404

I use a real simple cloning procedure. I soak the cut in Dip and Grow at 10x strength for a minute,
and then transplant to 1" cubes that are pre soaked at 5.5 for 1/2-1hr then
flushed with Clonex nutrient at 40ml per gal of RO and PH'd to 5.8. The cuts are
sprayed with anti wilt right after going into the cubes. I use a dome for the
first week or so. Opening the top gradually after the first day or two. I never
spray them at all with anything. I take the dome off every day once for a minute
to get fresh air. I moisten the cubes when they start to get somewhat dry (but
not bone dry) with more of the Clonex solution. No heating mat, I'm on concrete
and I just spaced up on another tray upside down. That's about it.

-TF

Here they were after transplant a week ago
View attachment 200406

Here they are today
View attachment 200407

-TF

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

Your sour OG is def. in sulphur zinc and magnesium. Tacoed leaves are a clear example of mag hungry plants OG's suck through It. OG's love mag-arita's. Your wifi's in late veg early flower are also def. in zinc sulphur also iron. just up your micro nutes a bit problem solved. Mag always shows more in flower then veg since the cells of the plant are multiplying so rapidly in flower they have to move more energy therefore using more magnesium. Flower lights are cranked to 1k's co2 is pumping temps are nice...plants are sucking up magnesium in those conditions. If magnesium slows other nutrients get locked out or not absorbed by the plants root system. In soil plants with mag problems you can see the rootball stays soaked longer then other plants in the garden without a mg def. that's because photosynthesis has slowed. 9/10 gardens have a magnesium def. it's the long lost overlooked secret to the pie. Haha

bankcee

bankcee

Thanks man,
I am currently running 3G Jack's, 1g Epsom, 1g cal nitrate. Ph to 5.7 EC comes out at 1.4

-TF

ressurecting an old thread for a noob to jacks! anyone know if this is where I would start using this stuff? just the jacks, epsom,and the cal nit? I've noticed there is specific ways to mix but I'm curious if this is it? any bloom boosters? and extra additives?

hyzerflip

hyzerflip

If you read through the whole thread TF says he misspoke when he gave that recipe. He meant 3g Jacks, 2g CalNit, and 1g Epsom. 3, 2, 1.

bankcee

bankcee

If you read through the whole thread TF says he misspoke when he gave that recipe. He meant 3g Jacks, 2g CalNit, and 1g Epsom. 3, 2, 1.

I did notice that. but that wasn't my question. lol my question was would this be a good place to start.. just using those 3? any late bloom additives or silica or anything?

Top Bottom