Rookie Mistake...

• Thread starter GrowVT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrowVT

It dawned on me, maybe a little late, that I am running out of head room. Double the height right now and the girls will be touching the lights. OK to send to flower? Do you think I’ll get a decent yield? What am I not asking?

Thanks in advance.

Rookie mistake
xavier7995

xavier7995

It looks like you may have them lst'ed or tied down in some manner...i would keep going with that approach and tie down the tips to get a bit of the stretch period to go horizontal. The stems should stay how you shape them more or less. You could even train the stem in a spiral or circle so it doesnt go up as high.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking pretty good though either way. Kudos. You can always top or train it to grow as the above poster suggested. But planning ahead is a good idea and doing it in veg mode is the best time to do so.

G

GrowVT

Other than quantity (more bud sites developing - will that even happen?) is there any other benefit to waiting to flower?

DismalDude

DismalDude

I've done that on more than one occasion... Supercropping is your friend.

413MedGrower

I had run into the same issue my first go, and I made it through by super cropping/monster cropping them. Never underestimate the stretch, I got lucky. I would flip soon

Scrogger2190

Scrogger2190

Theres a nute/chemical that unfortunately I forget the name of, but i know bio bud from general organics contains it. What it does is kind of tells the plant to stop growing vertically and promotes horizontal growth, more so to tell the plant hey stop stretching and start packing weight on. Usually given at the end of stretch. Give that a try like halfway through stretch and keep trying things down. If it still gets out of control take the roof of of the tent if possible and raise the light

Top Bottom