Rookie Needs Help With Trichomes Pic

• Thread starter 420.hydro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420.hydro

420.hydro

I read the posts above and there is a lot of good info..But if I see correctly, you are looking at the trichomes on a sugar leaf? Sugar leaf trichs mature faster than bud trichs and are not a good indicator imo.
Thanks for info... I took another pic this morning... not sugar leaf

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Here's the picture
Nice!
I would consider flushing (if you do so), in a few days or so..I usually just switch to water only during a "flush", but don't pour mass amounts of water thru my plants.
For me..I use a combination of pistils and trichomes to determine when..I shoot for 20% amber and the rest mostly cloudy before I chop..Depending on your wants and/or needs..you can chop in stages! (letting the unripened buds hang around until they mature)

I have a Purple Badlands that I was up for chopping last week (driving me nuts)..instead I have let her go and the trich color has hardly changed a bit..It is wise in cases like that to examine the trichs themselves, making sure that they haven't begun to shrivel..When they do..you are past prime time.
I use Photoshop to blow up pictures like this so I can see the trichomes..These shots help me by looking at the whole bud(s).
Your picture is super! What did you use?
Mine is a Nikon DSLR + cheapo ring macros. (yeah..between the 3 dogs and me..I spend way too much time picking off hairs)
DSC 1142

420.hydro

420.hydro

Nice!
I would consider flushing (if you do so), in a few days or so..I usually just switch to water only during a "flush", but don't pour mass amounts of water thru my plants.
For me..I use a combination of pistils and trichomes to determine when..I shoot for 20% amber and the rest mostly cloudy before I chop..Depending on your wants and/or needs..you can chop in stages! (letting the unripened buds hang around until they mature)

I have a Purple Badlands that I was up for chopping last week (driving me nuts)..instead I have let her go and the trich color has hardly changed a bit..It is wise in cases like that to examine the trichs themselves, making sure that they haven't begun to shrivel..When they do..you are past prime time.
I use Photoshop to blow up pictures like this so I can see the trichomes..These shots help me by looking at the whole bud(s).
Your picture is super! What did you use?
Mine is a Nikon DSLR + cheapo ring macros. (yeah..between the 3 dogs and me..I spend way too much time picking off hairs)
View attachment 843783

AGAIN THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!
your posts seem to go in the same direction ive been considering...one more good feeding and ween her off to flush her for about 10-14 days...then snip the main cola and dropping my lights to ripe the lower flowers snipping as they ripen...what do you think???
I started with the same camera setup (nikon/macro rings/focusing rail) now i use a $20 digital microscope from youknowwhoazon

here's my setup (see pic)

JMI 20181129 075257 HDR 2
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

The first link is about absorption and not really relavent here but it does say cbn is a degraded byproduct of heat and such and they are trying to avoid it.

And the second article is an excellent overview. Never read that one before. I agree entirely but can add that I don’t usually grow heavy leaning indicas and sometimes the sativa leaning (from pretty old school genetics) plants show red, purple and even blue and amber transparent full bulbous trichomes. Which are still peaking in thc according to lab tests and out and out patients blind testing each other.

Those are like the trippy plants that remind us of when we were in high school in the 80’s and we would goof out for hours on a joint.

But I digress sir. I didn’t mean to start an argument. Your original comment I answered was confusing and think I came off aggressive but didn’t mean to. Sorry if that was the case.

We are mostly agreeing of course. :-)

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

AGAIN THANKS FOR THE INFO!!!
your posts seem to go in the same direction ive been considering...one more good feeding and ween her off to flush her for about 10-14 days...then snip the main cola and dropping my lights to ripe the lower flowers snipping as they ripen...what do you think???
I started with the same camera setup (nikon/macro rings/focusing rail) now i use a $20 digital microscope from youknowwhoazon

here's my setup (see pic)
I think you are on the right track!

I have one of those microscope things, but mine is Wi-fi..I have to get a tripod, since it is so powerful (50-1000x) that when I shake just a little..it is a complete fuzz..It also takes video.

420.hydro

420.hydro

I think you are on the right track!

I have one of those microscope things, but mine is Wi-fi..I have to get a tripod, since it is so powerful (50-1000x) that when I shake just a little..it is a complete fuzz..It also takes video.

Yep!! that's the one! how does the wi-fi work? the focusing rail is awesome too (allows for movement left & right & front to back in mm's)...still working out some kinks with the setup though!!

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Yep!! that's the one! how does the wi-fi work? the focusing rail is awesome too (allows for movement left & right & front to back in mm's)...still working out some kinks with the setup though!!
I only have used it right next to an Ipad, and it is fine (haven't lost a connection)..BUT the Ipad must have its wifi re established manually for each new session.

I would also need an inexpensive rail like you have

420.hydro

420.hydro

I only have used it right next to an Ipad, and it is fine (haven't lost a connection)..BUT the Ipad must have its wifi re established manually for each new session.

I would also need an inexpensive rail like you have
oh i see no cable...geek has them pretty cheap but well made..

Top Bottom