Root Aphids...cut Ties Or...

• Thread starter Mtnjam92
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Freshone

Freshone

How do the Benicial microbes in OG BioWare kill aphids? Pretty simple question.
OG biowar fucks aphids up,the little micro organisms eat them from the inside out leaving little skeletons,lol.Theres a thread here somewhere showing before and after microscope pics,search capulators threads.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
OG biowar fucks aphids up,the little micro organisms eat them from the inside out leaving little skeletons,lol.Theres a thread here somewhere showing before and after microscope pics,search capulators threads.
You no this from experience?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
They really need to work on their website. It might be a great product but the info is scarce. I’m interested in it but I’d need way more info to make an informed decision.

M

Mtnjam92

Ir can be hard to tell but if they move quickly and are not clustered around the root ball they probably aren't root aphids. i hope for your sake they aren't. Here is a few photos to help but if they are infested around the roots and feeding, that sucks

3Z7RSHGRSHERRH8RDLPRVLKZAL8RTL2RRHXZSHSZ6LSZZH7ZRHMZCLGRSH7R0HERCLERLH6RQH6RVL.jpg

root-aphids-1.jpg

So I'm trying to get a good picture but harder than I thought. Not sure how much you can tell by this pic. They are not clustered at all. Hard to catch a photo cuz it's just one running alone.

Homesteader

Homesteader

M

Mtnjam92

M

Mtnjam92

It looks like its hypoaspis miles. A good mite that eats fungus gnat larvae and thrips pupae. You can also confirm this by looking at the plant itself. If it does not show any symptoms, then these are not bad guys.

Great! I'm going to get another better picture tonight...to exhausted last night to chase them around. I'm pretty convinced they are not aphids because they are showing no signs of the grouping together. Plants are looking healthy and thriving still, I think I was freaking over nothing.

Kick ass forum though...didn't think I'd have so much help so fast. Thanks everyone!

Homesteader

Homesteader

It looks like its hypoaspis miles. A good mite that eats fungus gnat larvae and thrips pupae. You can also confirm this by looking at the plant itself. If it does not show any symptoms, then these are not bad guys.

I agree looks like a good guy.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I don't care what people say here. Root aphids equal game over straight up. Takes toxic shit just to control them even. Ride your harvest out cut and clean clean clean and then clean again. The hippie shit does not work period

M

Mtnjam92

I don't care what people say here. Root aphids equal game over straight up. Takes toxic shit just to control them even. Ride your harvest out cut and clean clean clean and then clean again. The hippie shit does not work period

This is why I was just gonna cut em and start fresh at only 3 days in. Just would seem like a huge waste of electricity considering it's a pretty decent size setup. Seen so many people battle them though and have amazing crops but I think I'd rather just get rid of them if I had them. I'm starting to believe they are not aphids though so keeping an eye on them over the next few days.

Homesteader

Homesteader

That is a good bug you showed that preys on other mites, why would you cut your plants? Do what you want my friend but damn, that sounds like a total waste. If your plants are too tall get some pruning shears and cut them in half leaving some shoots on some braches, they will grow back.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
They are not root aphids man. I have these too. They are hypoaspis miles. Dont worry about it. They will eat other pests and when there arent any pests to eat they will feed on moss and some shit like that. They are scavengers and they dont damage plants under any circumstance. They protect it.

M

Mtnjam92

That is a good bug you showed that preys on other mites, why would you cut your plants? Do what you want my friend but damn, that sounds like a total waste. If your plants are too tall get some pruning shears and cut them in half leaving some shoots on some braches, they will grow back.

I meant that's why I was originally thinking about just starting fresh, I'm not anymore thanks to you and some others help. I believe I'm in the clear, the plants are filling In way to much i cant imagine anything is wrong.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Ya bro, I was gona cut and run. I just had the worst aphid infestation I’ve ever had. Put some serious thought into it. I worked to hard to get to this point then to just let a bug beat me. I’ve lost 2 plants so far but I kept fighting and the plants hermied, but I ain’t giving up now. Starting week 6 Monday. No matter what stage your at in your grow never give up!
2473CA9C 13AB 43D0 934C B234D8D9A1B1
000CFDBF ED92 4B27 93E2 2C4BCA86E2B6
01613D67 13E5 4FC9 B33E 42972820EE5C
23C42D48 50DE 4DBB B76A 5EAFA5DF406D
10CCF109 7FE5 4B69 A90A 162C171A2D45
6DDFF591 18DB 407F B183 75888CE7B300

Homesteader

Homesteader

@1diesel1 I feel for you man. At least you are somewhat close to harvest

M

Mtnjam92

They are not root aphids man. I have these too. They are hypoaspis miles. Dont worry about it. They will eat other pests and when there arent any pests to eat they will feed on moss and some shit like that. They are scavengers and they dont damage plants under any circumstance. They protect it.

Agreed, they do look exactly like them. Thanks for the help! Glad I came here first.

Top Bottom