Root Damage. :(

• Thread starter Be42ohh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Be42ohh

Be42ohh

This plant was doing great until I transplanted a little late, some of the roots grew through the small pot and when getting her out some of the roots got damaged. Is there anything I can do to help this poor plant?
Root damage
Root damage 2

DieselDuds

DieselDuds

Let the plant recover. It will be ok always water when transplanting then let soul dry out to 10% then re water. Takes sometimes a week to recover

Be42ohh

Be42ohh

Let the plant recover. It will be ok always water when transplanting then let soul dry out to 10% then re water. Takes sometimes a week to recover
Thank you. This makes me feel a little better. I just hate seeing sick plants like this.

Be42ohh

Be42ohh

Could do with a water. Give the plant a bit extra due to losing some roots in transplant.
How long do you suggest I give her more water? Maybe a week? And should I not be worried about how she looks as long as she is focusing on root development?

Fangthane

Fangthane

I keep a product around called Great White Mycorrhizae, for when I need to do transplants. Supposedly, the various fungi and bacteria it contains go a long way in helping to prevent transplant shock; also working in symbiosis with the root system to help absorb nutrients more effectively. Of all the noobish issues I tend to have, transplant shock hasn't been one of them. May want to look into some sort of mycorrhizal innoculant for such situations. They seem to get rave reviews.

chemistry

chemistry

I have been giving her more water, seems to be making her look overwatered.

That could just be the transplant
How long do you suggest I give her more water? Maybe a week? And should I not be worried about how she looks as long as she is focusing on root development?

You want to be watering with around a 100ppm until it picks up, then as it grows you can up your nuits. Try to keep your plant damp, and water until you get some run off.

Top Bottom