Rosin Or This Kit I Saw...

• Thread starter gwheels
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I haven’t smoked a joint in years. I use a portable vape. Lately I’ve been making my own eliquid to use in a special ecig cartridge. No waste either way and it’s easier on the lungs. The last time I smoked a joint I got a headache. Which also happens when I smoke cigarettes.

gwheels

gwheels

SOURCE Orb 4 Premium Kit

Can that be used for rosin? And I think you just put it in there and get it heated up and vape it?

I want to get a decent vape pen. I have a couple of dry herb vapes but i buggered up one when the shatter melted through the holder and got into the unit. It smelled like shiska berry for a month but it never got a good draw after because it gummed something up.

So a pure wax pen is the way i want to go.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
BAB693ED EC0D 485A AA0C 90209DA3076C

This is what I use. The battery was $30-40 and the carts are $5-10 each. I keep several carts handy with different strains for variety. The carts are CCELL brand. Just make sure to get the ones with the logo etched on the side. The knock offs do not have the logo and leak.

Anyhow to make the liquid I use the double boiler method with a pot of hot water at 160 f degrees and a shot glass. I use a 1:1 mixture of propolyne glycol and rosin. Stir it until the rosin is completely dissolved. Then using a blunt tip syringe I inject the carts with the liquid solution. Prime the cart by sucking on it with your fingers over the intake holes and release your fingers to make air bubbles. Repeat until all the air bubbles are gone and then vape.

This unit is really small and that makes it ideal for use anywhere.

gwheels

gwheels

@JWM2 Thanks. I will check it out. I might go to the giant head shop they have here and see what is available. I will wait until i get the press. It is like Christmas again.

Hackerman

Hackerman

Not meaning to take the thread off topic but I have a funny story about roaches.

Until I recently started vaping more, I was smoking 10 to 15 joints a day. So, in no short time, I collected quite a few roaches. About 2 pounds worth. LOL I use RAW tips so they have some bulk even when short.

The taste sux. I grow my own and don't sell so I have way more than I need. Like someone above said... the edibles would taste like an ash tray.

So..... what to do with a couple pounds of roaches.

My band plays a regular gig at the same club every Wednesday for almost 10 years. I guess you could call us the house band. Anyway, at some of our gigs we use a confetti cannon to shoot paper confetti onto the dance floor.

Hmmmmm? Confetti canon...... bag of roaches????? My wheels were turning. LOL

We are not in a legal state but the club is very 420 friendly and people are always sitting on the patio smoking pot.

So, last week I took a couple ounces of the roaches and after the last song in our second set, just before our break, I put about an ounce of the roaches in the cannon and shot it onto the dance floor.

Well, I THOUGHT I was shooting onto the dance floor.

However, the extra weight of the roaches vs the paper confetti sent roaches flying across the entire bar, all the way to the back wall.... bonking people in the head and (one girl claimed) hitting people in the eye. LOL

I think people were a little pissed at first but as people started to notice what they were we could hear murmuring and then outright laughter as people started scurrying for the floor, grabbing what they could.

Later on, out back, the entire bar was smoking roaches. LMAO

The club owner was a tiny bit upset but overall, he thought it was hilarious.

Well, that's one ounce down and about 2 pounds to go. LOL

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Cool let us know how your first run goes. Would love to see some pics of the finished product you create.

gwheels

gwheels

There is a bit of a learning curve. I have some buds rehumidifying a bit to try that and i will use smaller nugs. It is making compressed weed bricks and most of the oil is still in the puck.

:) But that shit is awesome in a vape.

What temp and how long do you run your dulytek for? I can start here when i have time later. If i can find that one vape i will try it out. The problem with a small portable vape is where the fuck did i put it all the time.

So covert i cant even find it.

gwheels

gwheels

I will wait for those outdoor plants to get nice and budded up. I see a lot of pressing in my future. I pressed this and a couple of buds and got a couple of grams of rosin. WOW. Delicious and no solvents.

Thanks again for all that advised. I love it.

20180829 150159
20180829 150153
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I run mine at 220 and press for 45 seconds each time. I can press the same material a good three times and then I save the puck to add them together and get even more rosin out. Granted it mixes strains that way but keeps it interesting.

mikeb437

mikeb437

I alsdo own the Dulytech 3x5 manual press..It is super, and You don't want a cheapo (they really are not cheap either)..The Dulytech is all steel and has amazing electronics..I only press for myself and The Dulytech does 1/8th ozeasily (pre-press 1st.) It is a small unit and only puts out about 1000lbs of pressure (A huge spring deal).
Expect anywhere between a 10-30% yield..depending on material, press settings etc.

There are a few of us at the Farm that have these presses..Any questions..ask away..!
(for $400 clams..you will not beat it..TRUTH!)

The color is really a golden color, but the rosin is over 3/8th thick in the photo, and it looks dark..I love the stuff..:)
View attachment 825267
What model number on the rosin press? Ive seen several ones online

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
A32933F1 893F 4B64 BA9B B7C7580C78C4
What model number on the rosin press? Ive seen several ones online

This is the model we have. I think dulytek only makes this one model. You might see others listed if they are refurbished which this one is. I paid about $320 for it on eBay. The new ones come with a mat and tool kit also. This one did not include those extras but works just fine.

gwheels

gwheels

I am glad i got something quality. And try as I might i can not boycott all American goods because of the POTUS. So I would steer anyone to getting some damned Timbers and buy a dulytech.

DIY is great and all but wow i love quality better than i can DIY.

gwheels

gwheels

So i got the press. I am low on herbage because of my generous nature and clogged lines in my autopots last round.

I pressed a half

Wow I am low on herb.

Wow was that rosin insanely better than what i got online to compare.

I am looking forward to the harvest.

Do you press dried flower?

How dry (RH%? ish)

Because it will be green for a week or two.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

So i got the press. I am low on herbage because of my generous nature and clogged lines in my autopots last round.

I pressed a half

Wow I am low on herb.

How dry (RH%? ish)

I will answer for mine..Yes..and bubble too.
This is their new beastie
DE6000:smoking:
Dulytek

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I pressed a half

Wow I am low on herb.

How dry (RH%? ish)

Missed it completely..sorry..I keep my weed at 62% RH..even a tad higher for rosin pressing
However, I do not recommend pressing flower before it cures..JMO

I never press dry weed..because all my weed is stored at 62% with Boveds's

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

View attachment 825858

This is what I use. The battery was $30-40 and the carts are $5-10 each. I keep several carts handy with different strains for variety. The carts are CCELL brand. Just make sure to get the ones with the logo etched on the side. The knock offs do not have the logo and leak.

Anyhow to make the liquid I use the double boiler method with a pot of hot water at 160 f degrees and a shot glass. I use a 1:1 mixture of propolyne glycol and rosin. Stir it until the rosin is completely dissolved. Then using a blunt tip syringe I inject the carts with the liquid solution. Prime the cart by sucking on it with your fingers over the intake holes and release your fingers to make air bubbles. Repeat until all the air bubbles are gone and then vape.

This unit is really small and that makes it ideal for use anywhere.
I'm curious about that myself.can you taste the terps wen vaping that way?can you tell the difference in flavor between strains?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah the flavor is still there. It’s a cleaner taste vs smoking it in a joint, bong or bowl. Similar to the taste you get from vaping but even a little cleaner than that yet. The smell isn’t as pronounced but still there. Btw I’m talking about making the rosin and then mixing it with PG to vape inside an ecig like device. If you smoked the rosin like a dab then it’s even more pronounced and more like smoking vs vaping.

Sorry if my statement above is a little confusing. I plan on selling the dulytek rosin presses here soon and will make some videos showing how it’s done. From bud to ecig juice in under 15 minutes.

Top Bottom