Rosin Press Recommendations

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RooR5mm

RooR5mm

I get up to 25% yield pressing flower with a cheaper heat press. You sound like you have no clue about pressing flowers. That yield is very good return. Rosin is every bit as good and as potent as BHO, bubble hash, and others. I have had it all. And, it is very fast, simple, and easy. I can press out enough to last me a month, in about 2 hours. This is a sample of 75 micron rosin, pressed at 190 degrees for 4 minutes. It will obliterate you!
View attachment 814488
LOL, the whole post is hysterical. Easy tiger.

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

Why mix that sheet with PG. The whole point is to have a more organic product even it is filled with waxes.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
The point is to make it usable inside a cheap e-cigarette cartridge for ease of use, cost effectiveness and portability. If you don’t want to do it then that’s fine but I’m just sharing info that I found to be useful and helpful.

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

The point is to make it usable inside a cheap e-cigarette cartridge for ease of use, cost effectiveness and portability. If you don’t want to do it then that’s fine but I’m just sharing info that I found to be useful and helpful.
Thank you, that is what exactly I do as well. Just got a piker response from the last poster.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Thank you, that is what exactly I do as well. Just got a piker response from the last poster.
Extremely safe process, no risk of explosion, price higher than similar solvent-based concentrates (if selling),to use rosin in vape pens or even bigger mods, home made on the east coast, or anywhere Its illegal as hell, price of processing equipment, the amount of work required for each process, this including water based techniques, the reason you mentioned being the main one for me. But cost is another huge reason.

The guy asked about rosin presses. Its obvious you have not pressed any flower, and you are trying to talk him out of his decision. Don’t know his circumstances, etc. Neither do I, just trying to help him a bit. That’s why we are here. And I may be old enough to be your father. You make comments about the 1970’s, when I started partying. 75. I don’t give advice on hydro….. why? Never done it. But hey, its all good man.

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

Extremely safe process, no risk of explosion, price higher than similar solvent-based concentrates (if selling),to use rosin in vape pens or even bigger mods, home made on the east coast, or anywhere Its illegal as hell, price of processing equipment, the amount of work required for each process, this including water based techniques, the reason you mentioned being the main one for me. But cost is another huge reason.

The guy asked about rosin presses. Its obvious you have not pressed any flower, and you are trying to talk him out of his decision. Don’t know his circumstances, etc. Neither do I, just trying to help him a bit. That’s why we are here. And I may be old enough to be your father. You make comments about the 1970’s, when I started partying. 75. I don’t give advice on hydro….. why? Never done it. But hey, its all good man.
Are you off your meds? First, I've squished more flowers and bubble than your little 2 hour run that will last you a month. LOL. That is actually fookin rich. Why am I even bothering?
2nd if making rosin was such the sheet it would be all over. It isn't because the equipment is costly, heavy and takes up a lot of space. Like I said it is a novelty (a good one at that) that died 35 plus years ago commercially because it isn't cost effective.
3rd no one is trying to talk him out of squishing. It is a great homegrow product even though it is full of waxes. Rosin is once again dead commercially. Distillates are where it is at. Get the Net.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I use this to press out popcorn and or extra buds to make some stuff for personal use. It’s cheap and easy to use. Ain’t gonna make no shatter but hey makes good easy dabs in less then 5mins of work

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Well that’s news to me. The local headshop said rosin presses are flying off the shelves and he can barely keep them in stock. To be honest I really don’t care, it works for me and I’m plenty happy using this outdated deprecated method.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Ya know the Dab Press banner to your right (or down below on mobile devices) is also a rock solid option and you can use a cheap arbor press to get 6-10+ tons of force. I was seriously considering it until I found a good deal on the dulytek. If I had to do it all over again I might go that option instead as it wouldn't really cost much more but give me 10x+ the amount of squishing power vs what i'm currently using. Another consideration was the space that an arbor press takes up. The one i have now i can fit on my desk pretty easily. Anyhow there are lots of good options and it never hurts to support the site sponsors.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Ya know the Dab Press banner to your right (or down below on mobile devices) is also a rock solid option and you can use a cheap arbor press to get 6-10+ tons of force. I was seriously considering it until I found a good deal on the dulytek. If I had to do it all over again I might go that option instead as it wouldn't really cost much more but give me 10x+ the amount of squishing power vs what i'm currently using. Another consideration was the space that an arbor press takes up. The one i have now i can fit on my desk pretty easily. Anyhow there are lots of good options and it never hurts to support the site sponsors.
Before buying my Dulytech..I looked at a DIY option using a shop press.,.but my garage is not a good place to be in summers or winters..so Dulytech got the nod..NO REGRETS EITHER;)

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Are you off your meds? First, I've squished more flowers and bubble than your little 2 hour run that will last you a month. LOL. That is actually fookin rich. Why am I even bothering?
2nd if making rosin was such the sheet it would be all over. It isn't because the equipment is costly, heavy and takes up a lot of space. Like I said it is a novelty (a good one at that) that died 35 plus years ago commercially because it isn't cost effective.
3rd no one is trying to talk him out of squishing. It is a great homegrow product even though it is full of waxes. Rosin is once again dead commercially. Distillates are where it is at. Get the Net.
Hey dude, whatever. Think whstever y
Before buying my Dulytech..I looked at a DIY option using a shop press.,.but my garage is not a good place to be in summers or winters..so Dulytech got the nod..NO REGRETS EITHER;)
My main reason for the Dulytek was because of space. I don't have a garage or basement. (miss basement the most). I think someone will come out with an all electric press, all in one with long plates and much higher pressure than our Dulytek's, for less than 1k. New equipment keeps popping up on the web. But for now, I'm very happy with my purchase. Tickled pink LOL.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Oh absolutely and that’s all that matters. We are the ones who have to live with our purchases and quite frankly I’m tickled pink with mine. But the DAB Press plates were an intriguing option that I almost went with. If you have an arbor press already then it would be a no brainer. I however did not. But hey maybe someday ;-)

Hackerman

Hackerman

DabPress has just released their new desktop model. Too awesome.... Support your sponsors.

Available now on their web site and soon on Amazon US and CA.

In Roger's own words....

Model Number: dp-bj6t35

It means: This hydraulic rosin press kit made of 6 ton bottle jack, 3x5" sized plates.

Main features:

• Strong Frame Made of H-Shaped Steel Paired 4-8 Ton Hydraulic Bottle Jack, Heavy-Duty Spring Installed Into the Steel Frame Away From Working Area; Easy to Replace Hydraulic Bottle Jack.
  • Anodized Food-grade Working Surface Ensures the Best Flavor and Easy Cleanup; Independent Heating Rods & Sensors Guarantee an Accurate Temperature is Delivered & Detected.
  • Top and Bottom Platen Remain in Perfect Alignment Through Pressing. 3x5" Rosin Plate Size is Well Suited to Most of Rosin Extraction Filters.
  • Integrated 6-ton Hydraulic Bottle Jack to Deliver Above 1,000 PSI if Pressing With 13 Square Inch Rosin Extraction Filters. 2x3", 2x4",2.5x4.5" are the Suggested Size Filters for Use..
  • Dual Insulation Layers Allows the Rosin Press Plates to Achieve 200 F in 8-10 Minutes and Protect the Machine from Heat-draining.
It is available from today on dabpress.com, next monday will be available on our amazon prime store, but it will be fulfilled by us, one and half month ago, it will be fulfilled by Amazon.

To my friends,

Let me repeat about KEY POINT of this unit.
1, Made of H-shape Steel, solid enough to pair with 6-8 ton bottle jack
2, 3X5" sized plates, the same as pid temp controller of dp-rp35 and dp-rp35s. It was proven to work stable and currate temp
3, Dual insolation layers, under our testing, Frame of unit will be getting 50 degree after 2 hours if you set 190 F. It is very important to protect the bottle jack not overheat for long working life. (plastic seal ring in the bottle jack)

I do hope the unit will serve you several years till heating rod is dead.(up to service life, you can change heating rod or pid temp box). Certianly, you have good maintenance and use it under our suggestion.

Pricing and promotion:

$469 on dabpress.com with free shipping

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

DabPress has just released their new desktop model. Too awesome.... Support your sponsors.

In Roger's own words....

It means: This hydraulic rosin press kit made of 6 ton bottle jack, 3x5" sized plates.

Main features:

• Strong Frame Made of H-Shaped Steel Paired 4-8 Ton Hydraulic Bottle Jack, Heavy-Duty Spring Installed Into the Steel Frame Away From Working Area; Easy to Replace Hydraulic Bottle Jack.
  • Anodized Food-grade Working Surface Ensures the Best Flavor and Easy Cleanup; Independent Heating Rods & Sensors Guarantee an Accurate Temperature is Delivered & Detected.
  • Top and Bottom Platen Remain in Perfect Alignment Through Pressing. 3x5" Rosin Plate Size is Well Suited to Most of Rosin Extraction Filters.
  • Integrated 6-ton Hydraulic Bottle Jack to Deliver Above 1,000 PSI if Pressing With 13 Square Inch Rosin Extraction Filters. 2x3", 2x4",2.5x4.5" are the Suggested Size Filters for Use..
  • Dual Insulation Layers Allows the Rosin Press Plates to Achieve 200 F in 8-10 Minutes and Protect the Machine from Heat-draining.
It is available from today on dabpress.com, next monday will be available on our amazon prime store, but it will be fulfilled by us, one and half month ago, it will be fulfilled by Amazon.

To my friends,

2, 3X5" sized plates, the same as pid temp controller of dp-rp35 and dp-rp35s. It was proven to work stable and currate temp
3, Dual insolation layers, under our testing, Frame of unit will be getting 50 degree after 2 hours if you set 190 F. It is very important to protect the bottle jack not overheat for long working life. (plastic seal ring in the bottle jack)

I do hope the unit will serve you several years till heating rod is dead.(up to service life, you can change heating rod or pid temp box). Certianly, you have good maintenance and use it under our suggestion.

Pricing and promotion:

Well I think I’m sold.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

In Roger's own words....

Main features:

To my friends,

Pricing and promotion:

I have looked at their products, and they seem ok (so are the Low-Temp Plate products)..However..many sponsors (other groups) offer discounts for forum members or group buys at a discount..Support goes both ways imo..vendors as well as customers..For now, I will stick with my Dulytech press, since all I see from this vendor are advertisements here.

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

I have looked at their products, and they seem ok (so are the Low-Temp Plate products)..However..many sponsors (other groups) offer discounts for forum members or group buys at a discount..Support goes both ways imo..vendors as well as customers..For now, I will stick with my Dulytech press, since all I see from this vendor are advertisements here.
Looks to me like it does about the same job as the Dulytek, but takes up more space, has 2 components, and cost a lot more. IMHO

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Ya know I wonder just how much more rosin is extracted in a 6 ton press vs 1000 lbs. I know 1000 lbs seems weak but it actually works better than I thought. I also save the pucks and smush those together to get even more rosin after I’ve collected a few of them. The one thing I’m not sure about is the bottle jack. I wonder how easy or difficult that is to use while pressing. I really like the simplicity of the dulytek and it’s design makes the job of smushing super efficient. I’d be interested to see how much more can be pressed out of a particular quantity of material of one vs the other. Would make for an interesting case study.

Top Bottom