Rosin Press Recommendations

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

DabPress has just released their new desktop model. Too awesome.... Support your sponsors.

Available now on their web site and soon on Amazon US and CA.

In Roger's own words....

Model Number: dp-bj6t35

It means: This hydraulic rosin press kit made of 6 ton bottle jack, 3x5" sized plates.

Main features:

• Strong Frame Made of H-Shaped Steel Paired 4-8 Ton Hydraulic Bottle Jack, Heavy-Duty Spring Installed Into the Steel Frame Away From Working Area; Easy to Replace Hydraulic Bottle Jack.
  • Anodized Food-grade Working Surface Ensures the Best Flavor and Easy Cleanup; Independent Heating Rods & Sensors Guarantee an Accurate Temperature is Delivered & Detected.
  • Top and Bottom Platen Remain in Perfect Alignment Through Pressing. 3x5" Rosin Plate Size is Well Suited to Most of Rosin Extraction Filters.
  • Integrated 6-ton Hydraulic Bottle Jack to Deliver Above 1,000 PSI if Pressing With 13 Square Inch Rosin Extraction Filters. 2x3", 2x4",2.5x4.5" are the Suggested Size Filters for Use..
  • Dual Insulation Layers Allows the Rosin Press Plates to Achieve 200 F in 8-10 Minutes and Protect the Machine from Heat-draining.
It is available from today on dabpress.com, next monday will be available on our amazon prime store, but it will be fulfilled by us, one and half month ago, it will be fulfilled by Amazon.

To my friends,

Let me repeat about KEY POINT of this unit.
1, Made of H-shape Steel, solid enough to pair with 6-8 ton bottle jack
2, 3X5" sized plates, the same as pid temp controller of dp-rp35 and dp-rp35s. It was proven to work stable and currate temp
3, Dual insolation layers, under our testing, Frame of unit will be getting 50 degree after 2 hours if you set 190 F. It is very important to protect the bottle jack not overheat for long working life. (plastic seal ring in the bottle jack)

I do hope the unit will serve you several years till heating rod is dead.(up to service life, you can change heating rod or pid temp box). Certianly, you have good maintenance and use it under our suggestion.

Pricing and promotion:

$469 on dabpress.com with free shipping

When is this going to be available again?

RuralFarmer

RuralFarmer

Ya know I wonder just how much more rosin is extracted in a 6 ton press vs 1000 lbs. I know 1000 lbs seems weak but it actually works better than I thought. I also save the pucks and smush those together to get even more rosin after I’ve collected a few of them. The one thing I’m not sure about is the bottle jack. I wonder how easy or difficult that is to use while pressing. I really like the simplicity of the dulytek and it’s design makes the job of smushing super efficient. I’d be interested to see how much more can be pressed out of a particular quantity of material of one vs the other. Would make for an interesting case study.
I just got thru reading several of the most recent and detailed articles I could find. Flower rosin quality and yield is not the result of higher pressure. All the articles agreed that pressure above 1,000 psi, [at the bag] will slightly increase yield, but at the cost of quality and potency. There are of course variables. Proper heat distribution in the plates, temp and time all effect quality and yield.

I haven't compared the Dulytek yet to what I read, as I'm not sure if it's pressure supposed to be up to 1,000 psi [at the bag, or puck] The pressure applied to the plates is not equal to pressure at the bag. You have to do the math, area of the bag, to get pressure. I knew I should of wrote those formulas down LOL.

But yeah, I been thinking all along, 20,000 lbs must be where its at. Not so. And if pressing hash or kief, 300 to 600 psi is plenty. If your bud is freshly cured, and at least 62% humidity, using 115 micron bags at 210-220 for 2 to 4 minutes should yield up to 25%. Of course, this is with greasy indica strains or hybrids. Sativas will yield less rosin.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Ya know I wonder just how much more rosin is extracted in a 6 ton press vs 1000 lbs. I know 1000 lbs seems weak but it actually works better than I thought. I also save the pucks and smush those together to get even more rosin after I’ve collected a few of them. The one thing I’m not sure about is the bottle jack. I wonder how easy or difficult that is to use while pressing. I really like the simplicity of the dulytek and it’s design makes the job of smushing super efficient. I’d be interested to see how much more can be pressed out of a particular quantity of material of one vs the other. Would make for an interesting case study.
I forgot the conversion but I think 1000lb is like equiv. to a 1 ton or two ton press..You can almost always get more out, but quality will suffer..I find that properly hydrated bud (at 62%RH) presses better than dry bud..Same goes for well cured bud.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I forgot the conversion but I think 1000lb is like equiv. to a 1 ton or two ton press..You can almost always get more out, but quality will suffer..I find that properly hydrated bud (at 62%RH) presses better than dry bud..Same goes for well cured bud.

I did not know that. Very cool. I was thinking that maybe we were getting short changed but I see that might not be the case. Thanks for sharing that.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I just got thru reading several of the most recent and detailed articles I could find. Flower rosin quality and yield is not the result of higher pressure. All the articles agreed that pressure above 1,000 psi, [at the bag] will slightly increase yield, but at the cost of quality and potency. There are of course variables. Proper heat distribution in the plates, temp and time all effect quality and yield.

I haven't compared the Dulytek yet to what I read, as I'm not sure if it's pressure supposed to be up to 1,000 psi [at the bag, or puck] The pressure applied to the plates is not equal to pressure at the bag. You have to do the math, area of the bag, to get pressure. I knew I should of wrote those formulas down LOL.

But yeah, I been thinking all along, 20,000 lbs must be where its at. Not so. And if pressing hash or kief, 300 to 600 psi is plenty. If your bud is freshly cured, and at least 62% humidity, using 115 micron bags at 210-220 for 2 to 4 minutes should yield up to 25%. Of course, this is with greasy indica strains or hybrids. Sativas will yield less rosin.

Wow thanks for sharing. I have not done nearly as much research on this before my purchase, guess I just got lucky ;-) But i can definitely see your point and how we aren't really missing out on much. Now I see why you have defended it so vigorously on here. Very cool.

Hackerman

Hackerman

When is this going to be available again?

I believe they are available now. They also have many lower cost setups including cage units and standalone plates.

As for discounts, they are offering sales and free gifts right now. If you go to the web site at dabpress.com you will see all the free gifts. Plus, they will give you an awesome dab kit just for leaving a review on Amazon.

As for additional discounts, if you PM the member here (I believe his name is Roger) I am certain he will provide this forum with a special discount. Or, stop over at FCombustion and check there for additional discounts.

It appears that 'Roger' is about the only person they have answering questions and visiting the forums. And, his English is only OK so it's sometimes hard for him to get his point across clearly. However, if you ask for something, I have found he is likity split to respond and very anxious to make this work.

Plus, my Mom owns the company... LMAO just kidding. I am pretty happy with the price, quality and service I have received so I am just trying to help out.

Here is the free dab kit I received just for leaving a review.

dt-1_1024x1024.jpg

Freshone

Freshone

Yikes!
Dulytek has released their 7 ton press....I will be getting a test unit shortly and will post some thoughts and pictures. Thing looks to be a killer, and at a super price too.

https://dulytek.com/products/dulytek-dhp7-hydraulic-heat-press-for-rosin-oil-extraction-7-ton
Buzzer,If you already have the 6 ton automatic press what is the advantage of the 7 ton manual press?Is it just the extra ton of force or is there some other advantage to a manual press?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Buzzer,If you already have the 6 ton automatic press what is the advantage of the 7 ton manual press?Is it just the extra ton of force or is there some other advantage to a manual press?
My 6000 is a 3 ton automatic press. The folks at Dulytek are sending me a prototype for testing. The advantage of a manual press is making hash rosin..That requires much less pressure that my press will not do..With the 6000, you can adjust the time and temperature (plates are separately controlled).

I am also testing their 3x6 caged plates on my 10 ton bench top press..Again, I do not need it, but I love testing things for companys. My press itself is awaiting some parts from the manufacturer.)
IMG 1406

IMG 1427

Freshone

Freshone

My 6000 is a 3 ton automatic press. The folks at Dulytek are sending me a prototype for testing. The advantage of a manual press is making hash rosin..That requires much less pressure that my press will not do..With the 6000, you can adjust the time and temperature (plates are separately controlled).

I am also testing their 3x6 caged plates on my 10 ton bench top press..Again, I do not need it, but I love testing things for companys. My press itself is awaiting some parts from the manufacturer.)
View attachment 841221
View attachment 841220
So the 6000 is not pressure adjustable,got it.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I got this last week, working out s recipe , anyone has it dialed in yet? I’m making decent rosin but seems more gets left on the chips then on paper
Temp 275
.6 bar pressure ( dunno what that translates to to psi wise in this unit; supposed to be around 6.8k? Max is 10k psi)1000lb/sqin = 144kpsi? Sheez
1min 30sec dwelll time
Been playing around but gotta get a closer recipe

Rosineer pvr2

619EA794 1C50 4D01 8AE5 27BE6FD19AC3
7830C7CE D7FD 46CD 9634 3EB236F7AF98
4A4CDE21 7C37 4ACF B8CE 27F2EC986B80
706A0D4D 6A78 437C 8921 ABE1A0B16771
Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom