Rosin Press Recommendations

• Thread starter Mr.jiujitsu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Dw6000 getting work done. Amazing how time flies when you test your product as you make it

453EB6D3 19F1 4CE4 BD62 D88B0AB3AC2F

gwheels

gwheels

I use an E-nail usually, but also have a Yocan Evolve Plus..
They all vary, but mine is set at 650d F for most concentrates (full melt hash is lower) a carb cap is necessary..
I found that evolve plus to be a decent value for the money and you can taste the rosin. I have a kandy pen and it is nice but that evolve works better. I ended up making a doob oldschool with sour diesel rosin and malawi/panama herb and that worked out ok too :D Actually it was stellar.

20181118 072022
scubascrog

scubascrog

I'm putting in 3x6 but im not squishing that much at a time. I heard its about bag size more than the block. I have seen the a-frame blow out on top before so I do know its gonna happen sooner or later. I just wanted to get started. hehe. I dont think I really have room for their 20 ton. their 12 ton was smaller but still more than I wanted to spend.

F

FarmerDaniel

For anyone reading this thread looking for more actual info...

Don't listen to anyone saying pressing flowers is a waste of time. It isn't. 25-30% returns is easy with good material and proper hydration of your material. Some people struggle with yield and for anyone trying to improve yield try getting your buds more moist before pressing. More wet than you would like to smoke normally. At least 65% but 62 is ok if you're using boveda packs.

The proper moisture level cannot be underestimated as one of the most significant factors in yield. If your bud is dry the rosin won't flow but instead will soak into the dry plant material.

Making your presses even is important as well. You don't want lumps that become more dense than other areas as that will create uneven pressure.

And what commercial market did rosin tech die in!? Lol

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

For anyone reading this thread looking for more actual info...

Don't listen to anyone saying pressing flowers is a waste of time. It isn't. 25-30% returns is easy with good material and proper hydration of your material. Some people struggle with yield and for anyone trying to improve yield try getting your buds more moist before pressing. More wet than you would like to smoke normally. At least 65% but 62 is ok if you're using boveda packs.

The proper moisture level cannot be underestimated as one of the most significant factors in yield. If your bud is dry the rosin won't flow but instead will soak into the dry plant material.

Making your presses even is important as well. You don't want lumps that become more dense than other areas as that will create uneven pressure.

And what commercial market did rosin tech die in!? Lol

I agree

scubascrog

scubascrog

best method. invert your corners, squash like a pop can.
I do 82C and pressure until it stops flowing.

Top Bottom