Rosin Run Number 2

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

so now I got a hair straighter that has a bunch of heat settings 200 250 280 320 350 380 and now trying to figure this out last straighter was way to hot and cooked the oil as soon as it hit the heat any tips would b great

OrganicGanja

OrganicGanja

The lowest heat setting on the wife's hair straightener works perfect for me it's trial and error unless you buy a press from rosintech and even then I'm sure it's got its own heat settings that one would want dialed in to specific strains.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

so found out I was falling using wax paper needed parchment paper so out to get that now ty for the input ganja

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

so now I got a hair straighter that has a bunch of heat settings 200 250 280 320 350 380 and now trying to figure this out last straighter was way to hot and cooked the oil as soon as it hit the heat any tips would b great

Have heard 220-230 is best but never been able to get Rosin to work for me. Thats why i make QWISO

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

so found out I was falling using wax paper needed parchment paper so out to get that now ty for the input ganja
Wax paper is covered with parafin (a petroleum product bad for the lungs.

Always use parchment paper od tge slick sheet with teflon.

I am not a fan of teflon because it out gasses at 600 degrees but at low temps should be fine teflon us much slicker than parchment so collecting tge Rosin will be easier.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Wax paper is covered with parafin (a petroleum product bad for the lungs.

Always use parchment paper od tge slick sheet with teflon.

I am not a fan of teflon because it out gasses at 600 degrees but at low temps should be fine teflon us much slicker than parchment so collecting tge Rosin will be easier.

Parchment paper is silicone-coated (no, it's not Teflon)

. . .

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

qwiso quick wash iso??
You got it!

I would rather vape qwick Wash ISOpropyl that was a made correctly than BHO ANY DAY

If you winterize the liquid; The vapor is easier on throat and lungs.

Smoking flower Or BHO us much harsher on tge throat abd lungs than my winterized QWISO

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

my qwiso keeps coming out as powder that's why I wanted to try and make rosin from it im still trying to find the right temp not having much luck think I might need more force

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

my qwiso keeps coming out as powder that's why I wanted to try and make rosin from it im still trying to find the right temp not having much luck think I might need more force

Mine comes out as a sticky gunk lol....

That said how long does it take for your iso wash to drain through the filter?

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

ill post a pic after work but its a coffee filter that is plastic and mesh

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

What filter are you using? Coffee filters take forever and are making it darker than it should I think[/QUOTE

when using them paper ones use like 3 of them twist the shut and press it aka squiz it like crazy could also use cheese cloth

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
If you use a low lint rag like a dish cloth first it gets the big stuff out and it goes through the coffee filter easier. If you put it straight through the coffee filter it clogs up with kief and slows down quickly.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter

200 degree temps works great for better product.
210-230 for starting out with flowers
200 or lower for kief and bubble
Flowers NEED to be kept at 50-60% RH. Steam distillation needs moisture, if you are pressing dry buds, forget about it.
Cool product after the press
Get technique down, don't let product pool and stay warm
Watch Dark Horse Genetics video on youtube with 420 science.
Get a better press most likely wouldn't hurt

Top Bottom