Rosin Run Number 2

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Rosin tech is such a relatively new concept and the temps Bulldog Said above are great for multiple ton presses. Not hair straighteners. Also I like my bud a little bit moist but just enough to where the stem is kind of malleable. Too wet and it will look nicer be smoother but no high. Got to find that happy medium.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

BUT when I did use a straightener for a month, I found 230 was my fave. Also I attached, JB welded the straightener to a 600 lb clamp.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Higher temps, lower psi

Your 600 psi clamps needs higher heat.

You get a good 12t press, and you wont need that heat. Been seeing a lot of folks go 230 tp and 180 bp.

H

hawkman

have heard that one can use a 'hair straight-er" ? (hair iorn) does this really work ? were does on get "parchment papper" ? is it wax paper ? Thanks

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

have heard that one can use a 'hair straight-er" ? (hair iorn) does this really work ? were does on get "parchment papper" ? is it wax paper ? Thanks
it works just not the best way of going about it and its parch paper not wax if u use wax it will melt to your rosin

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

You can use a hair straightener yes, although its yields are small, a dab or 2 at a time. A Rosin Press would be WAY better, or just blast it with butane, and vacume oven it. Ive been extracting for years, those 2 are best ways ive found. A vacume oven is easy to make, made mine for under $150 out of an old New Wave oven, a medium sized vacume pump, vacume gauge, industrial canister vacume seal, and a 2 1/2" thick piece of plexiglasss. As for parchment paper, any dollar tree, or grocery store will have that.

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

You can use a hair straightener yes, although its yields are small, a dab or 2 at a time. A Rosin Press would be WAY better, or just blast it with butane, and vacume oven it. Ive been extracting for years, those 2 are best ways ive found. A vacume oven is easy to make, made mine for under $150 out of an old New Wave oven, a medium sized vacume pump, vacume gauge, industrial canister vacume seal, and a 2 1/2" thick piece of plexiglasss. As for parchment paper, any dollar tree, or grocery store will have that.
Oh yea, and an old big ass noodle pot.

H

hawkman

Thanks - all new for me considering doing a small dab amount (hair straightner) now got to find one - also I heard that one press's for 15 seconds ? 30 seconds ? do you hear the heat melt the bud's ?

Midnite Tokr

Midnite Tokr

Thanks - all new for me considering doing a small dab amount (hair straightner) now got to find one - also I heard that one press's for 15 seconds ? 30 seconds ? do you hear the heat melt the bud's ?
If you press too long, you can burn your dab, and the weed. I've done that lol. I'll try any extraction method a few times for giggles, but about 15 seconds and give that pig a death grip the entire time, almost to point of breaking straightener, but not quite. You can also try CHILAXing your herb. This is chilled alcohol extraction. Get isopropyl alcohol from a pharmacy, VERY IMPORTANT it is PURE isopropyl and only other ingredient is pure water, or its poisonous. The higher the alcohol content the better, 70%+. Put weed in and bottle of alcohol in freezer overnight. Pull out after 24hrs, out weed in a hand towel, hold over a collection bowl, SLOWLY pour the alcohol over your weed, it will eventually start to drip a beautiful golden color into your collection container. Just let the alcohol evaporate away, and you're left with beautiful dabs, that taste damned near identical to butane extracted dabs. If you have a vacume over, vacume for a few hours, heat should be below 120 tho, just enough to make it liwyify and bubble up, as I've found higher temps (I was in a hurry) burnt off a majority of the terps, and gave me an inferior product.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
What filter are you using? Coffee filters take forever and are making it darker than it should I think
I use a clean dish rag, washed and rinsed in the sink and hung dry, not washed in the washing machine and dried in the dryer. It makes it much easier to squeeze out all the alcohol, then I filter in through a coffee filter in the freezer.

Top Bottom