Run Off Issues

• Thread starter DrOctogon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DrOctogon

Yeah i think a little runoff is important to remove some of the salt buildups in the pots,Whats your humidity been in the room with lights on?

During veg ive kept it at 60’s. Run into problem with higher humidity in this barn

H

heisen

Yeah i think you covered all the bases.You already know your PH is way to low for promix for proper calmag to be absorbed.I like to get all my flushing over with in one day back when i did soil and had an over fertilization issue.I didnt want the plants to have to sit in water logged soil for to long from a prolonged flushing cause roots would be oxygen deprived and really start looking like ass.I would just get it over with to get things back under control.

D

DrOctogon

Here’s what the veg looks like right now. Just flipped them into flower today.

D

DrOctogon

Yeah i think you covered all the bases.You already know your PH is way to low for promix for proper calmag to be absorbed.I like to get all my flushing over with in one day back when i did soil and had an over fertilization issue.I didnt want the plants to have to sit in water logged soil for to long from a prolonged flushing cause roots would be oxygen deprived and really start looking like ass.I would just get it over with to get things back under control.

I can’t help but think they are locking out of calmag.

D

DrOctogon

Or maybe they need more nutes because they are massive plants. But make sure I get 15% run off

H

heisen

Usually magnesium shows on the lower leaves that are not in the lights,And calcium (rust spots) show on the newer growth that peaks out on the lights.Your definitly having an issue,I think getting the PH up in range will fix your problem.
Kinda looks like an iron definciency usually caused by pithium.

H

heisen

Yup. Co2 in veg is at 6-800ppm
Co2 during flower goes up to 1200 later on, but starts at 750-800
Are you using a burner and if so do you have any kind of air exchange?The burners in sealed rooms can create a ethylene toxic environment.Check your flames on the burners if you do and make sure they are nice and blue and not yellow

D

DrOctogon

Are you using a burner and if so do you have any kind of air exchange?The burners in sealed rooms can create a ethylene toxic environment.Check your flames on the burners if you do and make sure they are nice and blue and not yellow

No burners. Tanks

H

heisen

Going down the list to check all the variables is going to fix your problem,I dont think this all nute related,If your plants are being locked out the HIGH Co2 will put more of a strain on them for nutrients and being as your PH is to low it only compounds the problem.I would drop the Co2 levels down to 500 till you get this figured out,otherwise your plants are gonna fast track to looking like shit.I said a few days ago they were gonna progress downward pretty fast if you dont get a handle on it

D

DrOctogon

Going down the list to check all the variables is going to fix your problem,I dont think this all nute related,If your plants are being locked out the HIGH Co2 will put more of a strain on them for nutrients and being as your PH is to low it only compounds the problem.I would drop the Co2 levels down to 500 till you get this figured out,otherwise your plants are gonna fast track to looking like shit.I said a few days ago they were gonna progress downward pretty fast if you dont get a handle on it

Oh I know. Never had this issue with my co2 leaves though. Problem is with the sealed rooms there is no exhaust. Right now room is sitting at 1016ppm of co2 and haven’t even put any in.

H

heisen

No burners. Tanks
The tacoing on the leaves is a classic signature of dry air,Plants cant perspire the uptake of water so they are closing themselves off to the lights.But you said the humidity was at 60 percent so your good there.
I would drop the Co2 down,Let the PH come back up from the flush and check the new growth for improvement

H

heisen

Oh I know. Never had this issue with my co2 leaves though. Problem is with the sealed rooms there is no exhaust. Right now room is sitting at 1016ppm of co2 and haven’t even put any in.
Dude i had the same exact issue with my sealed room but caught it in time.I was having the same weird ass issues i never had ever and could not figure out why,Im in RDWC so its very easy to fix issues and dial them in,My roots were perfect white,PH was perfect 5.8,nute mixes and calmag was exactly where it was supposed to be,lights were perfect distance,CO2 PPM was 1000,Ive run these plants several times and never had problems like i was having.I installed an intake and exhaust and ran it for 8 times an day at 5 min and my entire situation changed.Plats perked right up and started growing like crazy.No matter how much everything else was perfect the air in the room was full of OFF gasses that was fucking up my plants.

H

heisen

Do research on OFF gassing and sealed rooms,I think people that dont have problems are using air cooled hoods and are getting air exchanges they dont know about.I think big commercial operations all do an air exchange at least 2 to 4 times a day to get fresh air in,Especially after the lights are off for a few hours.I would definitlyu research it if i was you

D

DrOctogon

Do research on OFF gassing and sealed rooms,I think people that dont have problems are using air cooled hoods and are getting air exchanges they dont know about.I think big commercial operations all do an air exchange at least 2 to 4 times a day to get fresh air in,Especially after the lights are off for a few hours.I would definitlyu research it if i was you

See in my other op when I was growing for my other buddies we had exhaust and new air coming in. Now I’m growing for my other buddy and it’s all sealed. But in the 3 rips I’ve been doing it now I’ve never had this issue. That’s why I’m stressing the f out

H

heisen

Could be more environmental than Anything but i would look into it.I think once you get the PH up and get the salts out a little i think they will look better.I would drop the Co2 right now cause all your doing is putting a higher root demand on the plants and they are already having issues.Once you get this issue hammered out go back up.Co2 on stressed plants is like opening up a small cut to make it bigger

D

DrOctogon

Could be more environmental than Anything but i would look into it.I think once you get the PH up and get the salts out a little i think they will look better.I would drop the Co2 right now cause all your doing is putting a higher root demand on the plants and they are already having issues.Once you get this issue hammered out go back up.Co2 on stressed plants is like opening up a small cut to make it bigger

Right on man. I gratefully appreciate the help. Turned the co2 down to 600. Room is sitting it’s self at 944 and I’ve th for opened for over an hr. Should be interesting at night

H

heisen

Yeah man all you can do is go over every variable and make sure everything is in check,I know the air exchange really made a difference on my plants.What i was noticing is on days i was in there alot with the door open they were looking better than on days where it was closed up more.After i did the actual air exchanges they really improved.
I think some times we luck up on some grows where our environment doesnt lack anyhting like my old setup the humidity was always high.I never gave a shit about it cause the plants always looked lush.Plenty of air exchange,high humidity in veg everything was great,
Being in a whole new setup those phantom issues come up even though we still grow as good as we ever had,Nothing changed but environment.It really makes you look into everything.
In RDWC i can control every part of the root zone.Nothing in the mix will be out of place so when i have issues its easier to know what the problem is,

D

DrOctogon

Yeah man all you can do is go over every variable and make sure everything is in check,I know the air exchange really made a difference on my plants.What i was noticing is on days i was in there alot with the door open they were looking better than on days where it was closed up more.After i did the actual air exchanges they really improved.
I think some times we luck up on some grows where our environment doesnt lack anyhting like my old setup the humidity was always high.I never gave a shit about it cause the plants always looked lush.Plenty of air exchange,high humidity in veg everything was great,
Being in a whole new setup those phantom issues come up even though we still grow as good as we ever had,Nothing changed but environment.It really makes you look into everything.
In RDWC i can control every part of the root zone.Nothing in the mix will be out of place so when i have issues its easier to know what the problem is,

I don’t know why this is happening. I just transplanted these into 25 gallon pots and this is already starting. These things looked perfect in 3 gals when they went it. What the hell is going on?

Latest posts

Top Bottom