Running Out Of Scrog Space?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

First of all I have way to many plants under my screen but it's to late to fix that issue. This is my first grow and it's an RDWC under a 4x5 scrog with 3" holes.

I've been growing for about 45 days and just switched to 12/12. The problem I'm running into is not much space where the plants meet. I've got tons of room to grow out in all directions just not together.

Here are some pics and I'm hoping I could get some suggestions because I'm getting a little overwhelmed to be honest. I've already started overlapping branches and have so much more to grow. So what is the most important factor in terms of placement for bud growth? I'm so new to growing I didn't even know until an hour ago where buds grew from.

Below are the four quadrants of my scrog.

Thanks!

Running out of scrog space
Running out of scrog space 2
Running out of scrog space 3
Running out of scrog space 4
R

ROOBIX

Dont be afraid to prune them girls. You can expect 2-3x growth through weeks 1-3 depending on strain. At this point, search lollipopping, topping, and supercropping. For scrogs to be effective, all that bullshit in the shade must be removed so they focus on the buds getting light. I typically will only leave 3-4 nodes on each top by the end of wk 1. The i go back in and remove the weak producing shoots by the end of wk 2.
Ur girls will respond better to no more than 10% defoliation every other day and stop effin with em by wk 4.

R

ROOBIX

Dont be afraid to prune them girls. You can expect 2-3x growth through weeks 1-3 depending on strain. At this point, search lollipopping, topping, and supercropping. For scrogs to be effective, all that bullshit in the shade must be removed so they focus on the buds getting light. I typically will only leave 3-4 nodes on each top by the end of wk 1. The i go back in and remove the weak producing shoots by the end of wk 2.
Ur girls will respond better to no more than 10% defoliation every other day and stop effin with em by wk 4.
Also, maybe give em some more magnesium (cal/mag) cuz the stems are a lil purple.

R

ROOBIX

Also, maybe give em some more magnesium (cal/mag) cuz the stems are a lil purple.
Hit em with a fan to move the air and strengthen stems. Its gonna get crowded so try to max airflow and reduce humidity. Pay attention to what they do on tje next couple weeks and adkust next round.

R

ROOBIX

This is no net but pruning for a tabletop thru veg and wk 2. These are at day 14.
IMG  jdcdwf
20171004 225624

20171002 230153
S

Shawnery

I used to just use a foliar spray for cal but now I'm using calimagic at the recommended dose. I've already lollipoped it from the bottom up. All the foliage is just at the screen. Each plant has 4 to 5 nodes and I topped them each twice. The biggest issue that I can't change is that I have 6 plants in the space for 4 at the most probably 2 or 3 for best results. Now I know!

When it comes to pruning I've read that it's best to remove the older leaves and shaded ones? I read somewhere that leaves only have the ability to process so much over time and at some point will use more energy than they produce? Then with the shaded ones they are a drain because they are unable to experience photosynthesis?

20170930 114904
R

ROOBIX

The good news is you got more growth than expected! I have had netter yield with fewer mor moture plants.
Next time less veg or less plants. Lollipopping isnt just fan leaves. Remove the full shoots of shaded growth. Leave the thickest stemmed, most vigorous growth. And yes, taking the larger leaves will stress em less cuz the bigger ones are closer to the end of their life.
Thats why its good to go back and trim em up thru the end of wk 2. By then the shoots u should cut (or should have) will be producing much less flower.

R

ROOBIX

Just remember one thing as they grow and u learn. Ur harvesting bud, not leaves. If a leave shades the top of a bud, remove it. As they grow, ull get it. Be patient. Just keep that rh down and you should do pretty good.

R

ROOBIX

Just remember one thing as they grow and u learn. Ur harvesting bud, not leaves. If a leave shades the top of a bud, remove it. As they grow, ull get it. Be patient. Just keep that rh down and you should do pretty good.
Trust your instincts. Dont go off on a whim cuz some yahoo on the internet says so.

S

Shawnery

Give me an example! You got my imagination in an uproar!

R

ROOBIX

This is an example of the type of shoots i removed at day 7. Just turn em into clones and ur ready for next round. Thats a whole new thread, but ur gonna go there eventually.

20170923 225412
20171006 012247
S

Shawnery

Thanks!

But,

I meant the whim ideas on Yahoo!

By the way, I can't remember the last time I heard someone reference Yahoo

brazel

brazel

Thanks!

But,

I meant the whim ideas on Yahoo!

By the way, I can't remember the last time I heard someone reference Yahoo
I think he means take random advice from someone on the internet... Which is kinda funny....

S

Shawnery

I think he means take random advice from someone on the internet... Which is kinda funny....
Yeah totally, I get what he meant, I was hoping for some juicy stories of stupid decisions gone horribly wrong.

Leew421

Leew421

How many plants do you have under screen? I am running 16 in a 4x4 table. In a couple runs I'll be doing 36 2 gallon going for single cola plants no screen

fatawa

fatawa

The biggest issue that I can't change is that I have 6 plants in the space for 4 at the most probably 2 or 3 for best results.
out growing scrog is never issue just a lil more wrk.im sure you still hav string/twine left from net.tie knot round them old fan leafs and pull them back to net.shit i pull to cielings,walls,lights....

R

ROOBIX

out growing scrog is never issue just a lil more wrk.im sure you still hav string/twine left from net.tie knot round them old fan leafs and pull them back to net.shit i pull to cielings,walls,lights....
Yep. Pullin the leaves down is sometimes better. If it breaks off while pullin em it was meant to be. Try to keep colas from touching. Airflow and keep an eye out for pm, mold, and bugs.
And another yep to usin the net /walls/whatever to tame them girls.

Top Bottom