Running Undercurrent In Series Instead Of Parallel?

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

Crickets, lmao. I'm fucking taking a break. Sorry I didn't know I had an allotted time to respond. And getting a server error.
Lets see them big undercurrent plants you got from all these UC systems u put together

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

whoa whoa whoa, you said that I didn't know shit and had no experience. That is why I took a shot at ur chiller. Must have really hurt. Why I don't know, who cares if you have a 1/10th chiller or 10 tons.
I had to throw a zinger back.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Guys lets put this to bed @heisenbubble is correct he may not have the names of the principles applied but tbh they are common sense at this point in time. TBH I never heard of this principle until it was named but a 5 min read can tell you a lot. So again I ask how is this principle applied in UC hyrdoponics.

Here is a hint: It absolutely without a doubt is applied in UC but the effects can vary greatly from negligible to catastrophic and @heisenbubble has addressed this.

Last edited:
RooR5mm

RooR5mm

Wait here... can you please explain to me how this principle is applied?

Here is a link to help you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli's_principle
I'm an electrician I don't run ducts or pipes for a living. That is why you need a pipe or duct calculator. Basically lay mans terms. You are getting resistance from the water or air passing through the pipe and creating friction against the pipe walls, PLUS, resistance from the actual mass of water in the center being pushed pulled through. That is why I stated that people put theses long runs of duct in or too small a diameter and they have no flow at the end.
It is all being restricted with the duct. Their will be more pressure inside higher density air.
Now when it comes to fluids, you can not compress liquids, I really hope no one challenges me on this scientific fact also, that is how hydraulics work. What happens is that the pump won't return the water fast enough and it will be stuck in the grow modules and the epi will be at a lower water level. Something I do know from personal experience.
Have fun I'm back to doing what I have to do. BBL.
I'll respond later in case Heisnbubble is curious as to why I didn't respond fast enough for his liking.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

"too small a diameter" if we were playing hide and seek you would be burning right now

H

heisen

I'm an electrician I don't run ducts or pipes for a living. That is why you need a pipe or duct calculator. Basically lay mans terms. You are getting resistance from the water or air passing through the pipe and creating friction against the pipe walls, PLUS, resistance from the actual mass of water in the center being pushed pulled through. That is why I stated that people put theses long runs of duct in or too small a diameter and they have no flow at the end.
It is all being restricted with the duct. Their will be more pressure inside higher density air.
Now when it comes to fluids, you can not compress liquids, I really hope no one challenges me on this scientific fact also, that is how hydraulics work. What happens is that the pump won't return the water fast enough and it will be stuck in the grow modules and the epi will be at a lower water level. Something I do know from personal experience.
Have fun I'm back to doing what I have to do. BBL.
I'll respond later in case Heisnbubble is curious as to why I didn't respond fast enough for his liking.
the key point you are missing is there is NO PUMP PUSHING WATER,Its only returning the water that was pulled from the end.It doesnt return water faster or slower than what was taken,There is no restriction of flow because the damn undercurrent pipes are oversized JUST for this reason,It is essentailly one giant tank only connected to control the direction of FLOW.WTF more is there to this.

H

heisen

Guys lets put this to bed @heisenbubble is correct he may not have the names of the principles applied but tbh they are common sense at this point in time. TBH I never heard of this principle until it was named but a 5 min read can tell you a lot. So again I ask how is this principle applied in UC hyrdoponics.

Here is a hint: It absolutely without a doubt is applied in UC but the effects can vary greatly from negligible to catastrophic and @heisenbubble has addressed this.
I already went through this when i designed a tote system and the pipes that went through the totes were to small,The return tote would overflow and stay higher than than rest eventually over filling and pouring out.I went to a bigger pipe that eliminated the problem all together,Now i can link 2 totes or 20 makes no difference,The pump is only sized to accomadate how many cycles to keep the water in the system cool.It is not for anything else.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I already went through this when i designed a tote system and the pipes that went through the totes were to small,The return tote would overflow and stay higher than than rest eventually over filling and pouring out.I went to a bigger pipe that eliminated the problem all together,Now i can link 2 totes or 20 makes no difference,The pump is only sized to accomadate how many cycles to keep the water in the system cool.It is not for anything else.
Right. From what I have found a rough guess on my part would be about 10x per hour the volume of the system turnover... does this sound correct? Based on actual water volume not calculated by total volume

H

heisen

This is my damn thread, if I want to call you on you're bull I have the right, or is this not an open forum?
Your post were off topic?Im as engaged in the conversation just as much as you,Anymore off topic post or personal opinions on someones character you'll be banned from posting in your own thread.

H

heisen

Right. From what I have found a rough guess on my part would be about 10x per hour the volume of the system turnover... does this sound correct?
Absolutely correct,50 gallons would require at least 450 gallon pump to recirculate,also depending on how well the insulation is on the buckets,

H

heisen

I didn't do that at all and you know it!
The post are still there for any other mod to see,Im as passionate about my opinions as anyone else.I have not attacked anyones character or grow or name called,Im only asking this so called expert to post of pics of all these so called systems he built.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Wait here... can you please explain to me how this principle is applied?

Here is a link to help you. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernoulli's_principle

Lol good one
The principle is only applicable for isentropic flows: meaning for heat transfer and isn’t comparable to what is being discussed. I too got confused with what was being presented.
Great argument for over engineering a simple flow, open loop and important Not Under pressure.
Roor mate. I can see where you are coming from but in principle with what is being discussed. Open flow priniciple doesn’t apply towards what you were going towards. I could concur if this was sealed pressure vessel , which this isn’t.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Lol good one
The principle is only applicable for isentropic flows: meaning for heat transfer and isn’t comparable to what is being discussed. I too got confused with what was being presented.
Great argument for over engineering a simple flow, open loop and important Not Under pressure.
Roor mate. I can see where you are coming from but in principle with what is being discussed. Open flow priniciple doesn’t apply towards what you were going towards. I could concur if this was sealed pressure vessel , which this isn’t.
Yes it appears the principle was based on other principles that are absolutely applied.

This shows why we put the pump at the end of the loop and also pump location

Bernoulli's principle can be derived from the principle of conservation of energy. This states that, in a steady flow, the sum of all forms of energy in a fluid along a streamline is the same at all points on that streamline. This requires that the sum of kinetic energy, potential energy and internal energy remains constant.[2] Thus an increase in the speed of the fluid – implying an increase in its kinetic energy (dynamic pressure) – occurs with a simultaneous decrease in (the sum of) its potential energy (including the static pressure) and internal energy. If the fluid is flowing out of a reservoir, the sum of all forms of energy is the same on all streamlines because in a reservoir the energy per unit volume (the sum of pressure and gravitational potential ρ g h) is the same everywhere.

Of course this does not take into account for other contributing factors like turbulence etc. But i think I have had enough debate on this. lmao

This shows why proper pipe size is important.

Bernoulli's principle can also be derived directly from Isaac Newton's Second Law of Motion. If a small volume of fluid is flowing horizontally from a region of high pressure to a region of low pressure, then there is more pressure behind than in front. This gives a net force on the volume, accelerating it along the streamline.Fluid particles are subject only to pressure and their own weight. If a fluid is flowing horizontally and along a section of a streamline, where the speed increases it can only be because the fluid on that section has moved from a region of higher pressure to a region of lower pressure; and if its speed decreases, it can only be because it has moved from a region of lower pressure to a region of higher pressure. Consequently, within a fluid flowing horizontally, the highest speed occurs where the pressure is lowest, and the lowest speed occurs where the pressure is highest.

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

the key point you are missing is there is NO PUMP PUSHING WATER,Its only returning the water that was pulled from the end.It doesnt return water faster or slower than what was taken,There is no restriction of flow because the damn undercurrent pipes are oversized JUST for this reason,It is essentailly one giant tank only connected to control the direction of FLOW.WTF more is there to this.
You still don't get it. Pulling - pushing - gravity - no gravity, it makes no difference. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
It is ok to be wrong. That seems like it is an issue for you. No one is hating on you. Just offering proper and accurate knowledge and life experience out to fellow farmers. BTW regarding the picture postings. I'll post what and when I want to post. :greyalien:

H

heisen

You still don't get it. Pulling - pushing - gravity - no gravity, it makes no difference. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
It is ok to be wrong. That seems like it is an issue for you. No one is hating on you. Just offering proper and accurate knowledge and life experience out to fellow farmers. BTW regarding the picture postings. I'll post what and when I want to post. :greyalien:
Im not the only one here telling you your FOS.You seem to be the one with the problem of being wrong.Claiming to have experience with UC but still no proof of you ever even growing 1 plant in UC.So what is it?Still waiting to see these massive plants you claim to have grown in UC.You have plenty of pictures of other plants in coco you put up.
You claim to be an expert electrician but are asking people how many cobs to put over a given space.Im just asking here for your actual experience and not what you copy and pasted off the internet.

Reactions: DGP
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Look lemme put this in terms that I think most would understand. You are filling a tank. That’s all, gravity is “”returning “” the water and all you have to do is fill the First tank, then gravity takes over and so on so forth. Like flushing a toilet. Valve opens to fill tank and well , you get the pic!!
I can understand the confusion and heck I didn’t know shit about this and just learned the principle. Yes one can get exotic but “kiss “ principle works for this.
Roll or fill a bong and take a hit and chill! One love y’all

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Can we just agree electricians and water don't mix well?... i mean electricity.

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

Can we just agree electricians and water don't mix well?... i mean electricity.
f
No we can't, pure water, electricians, and electricity mix EXTREMELY well. Water is a poor conductor. It is the impurities in water that will cause you to get electrocuted.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Absolutely correct :) and absolutely wrong :/ I bet something you understand very well being an electrician. I would say they don't mix at all to be technical. I'm just poking some jabs we can agree to disagree.

RooR5mm

RooR5mm

Absolutely correct :) and absolutely wrong :/ I bet something you understand very well being an electrician. I would say they don't mix at all to be technical. I'm just poking some jabs we can agree to disagree.
I know what you were doing. I LOL @ it. Even though it is factually incorrect.. Like you said I'm just poking some jabs.

Top Bottom