Runoff Ppm Reading At 6000-8400ppm In Coco

• Thread starter Whitesnake
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Hey all,

So my plants were looking very healthy and I've been feeding in the 700-1350ppm range for the last month every 3-4 days to 10% runoff.

I just checked my runoff ppm a few days ago and it initially read 8400ppm (no shit) but the plants look healthy and happy, the ppm meter seems to be accurate at least for my tapwater and feeds.

So my question is : WHY the fuck did it read 8400ppm? 8400ppm should have murdered my plants weeks ago. Here are some recent pics

Grow 3 day 18 flower 5
Grow 3 day 18 flower 3
Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Today is day 21 from flip, the pics are from day 18 when I read the ppm

MW7945

MW7945

100% sure it's 8400? I don't think a plant would even be alive at 8400 ppm tbh. Might be time to give it a really good flushing I guess O_O

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

100% sure it read 840 (x10) ppm, I freaked out and flushed them until the runoff read 240 (x10) ppm

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

the plants look really healthy though so my thought is the 8400ppm is more than nutes and likely particulate from the coco fucking with the reading

fatawa

fatawa

the plants look really healthy though so my thought is the 8400ppm is more than nutes and likely particulate from the coco fucking with the reading
coco is a nuetral medium bro.like i said on other thread yur meter has to b wrong.its not possible to b at 6000-8000 n plants not b dead.wud u like me to tag n more vets to tell u?

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

im always down for more experienced folks to put in their 2c. i have a really hard time believing it myself but the meter reads accurate still with 140ppm tapwater and 1350/750ppm feeding

fatawa

fatawa

Ill say i told u so b4 any answers...lmao.good luck on yur journey @Whitesnake

fatawa

fatawa

im always down for more experienced folks to put in their 2c. i have a really hard time believing it myself but the meter reads accurate still with 140ppm tapwater and 1350/750ppm feeding
its just not physicaly possible brother.calibrate or buy a new one.

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Day 21 and the buds are developing and elongating nicely. Flushed day before yesterday because I freaked out after checking my runoff ppm and it read 6000-8400ppm, this is a semi accurate meter which I controlled for reliability with tapwater and fresh feed nutrient solution which read 140ppm and 744ppm respectively which is on point. So I'm not too sure what's going on with that runoff ppm...the girls don't look nute burned to a crisp for now at least and it's been a few weeks. Everything looks good and the final fan leaves are all shooting 7 leaves. There is some minor dull yellow uniform color between veins on the lower larger fan leaves of a few of the plants but I'd imagine that isn't anything to be concerned about. New growth and old growth looks good and green

its just not physicaly possible brother.calibrate or buy a new one.

my thought is the meter is picking up something that washes out from the coco medium that's not fertilizer

fatawa

fatawa

Idk.dwc is my thing.but these guys will kno.they dabble n just bout everything.i will say this.if its truly 6000 then yur ph is off because if u make them nutes availble (having correct ph)they will die b4 24hrs is up.qoute me on that.but i do hope someone can get u straightend around.i wanna c everyone grow some kill.

fatawa

fatawa

I will say this.idh too many questions cause i kno my style very well(15+ yrs) but wen i hav questions.those 2 guys r who i listen to.there very much n practice.

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

thanks for looking out man, i'm pretty perplexed by it as well. the meter seems to read fine for the tapwater and true feedings. i'm in 50% coco loco, 10% peat, 40% perlite/hydroton mixed with 1/2 dose of organic soil amendments (alfalfa meal, kep meal, powdered oyster shell, bone meal, fish bone meal, lengbeinite, azomite, feather meal, seabird guano, gypsum, garden lime) *edit also 10% worm castings, i know that's 110% but i put about equal parts peat to worm castings

Last edited:
fatawa

fatawa

This guys a coco guy i believe.and very knowledgeable as well.

Top Bottom