Runoff Ppm Reading At 6000-8400ppm In Coco

• Thread starter Whitesnake
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MW7945

MW7945

In really LOVE this xds. Small compact, and perfect sd size. Looking at the 40 or 45 today.
Not a huge fan of .45 tbh. especially if you're going compact. Better off throwing it if it's more than 10 yards away

Tellin you man. check out some CZ's. The company I work for is working on a collab with Trigger Time TV and the producer recommended me CZ's when I brought up the subject. They feel sooooo solid.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Well lets start at sq 1...
Test the meter with calibration fluid.
Make sure the meter is right,
then find out if its .5 or .7 conversion for ppm

Maybe a few of the posters didnt see that he amended the coco with organics soil amendments, and Im sure thats gonna give a high reading to the run off..

I would feed the coco every time tho,
what your ec is, really has as much to do with lights, and environment, as anything else...

Weather you choose to test run off or not, i would water/feed every day in coco to run off.

Leew421

Leew421

Langbenite and garden lime will definitely lower pH of medium and can be very drastic. You have to go very easy on the sulphur.

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

So it's been 3-4 days since I read 6000-8400ppm in the runoff and flushed to ~2000ppm runoff. The plants look healthy as ever, still packing on bulk and trichomes. I'm going to feed 750ppm half strength full GH line until finish, adding sulfur in the last few weeks (epsom salts- magnesium sulfate) to help finish. Everything looks happy and growing, no signs of stress on the new or old growth and they're still stretching (1" in the last 3-4 days) edit* day 22 now from 12/12 flip

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Well lets start at sq 1...
Test the meter with calibration fluid.
Make sure the meter is right,
then find out if its .5 or .7 conversion for ppm

Maybe a few of the posters didnt see that he amended the coco with organics soil amendments, and Im sure thats gonna give a high reading to the run off..

I would feed the coco every time tho,
what your ec is, really has as much to do with lights, and environment, as anything else...

Weather you choose to test run off or not, i would water/feed every day in coco to run off.

The meter is cheap but brand new, I don't have any calibration solution but that's a good idea if I find some cheap at the hydro store or see issues with the plants I'll check my meter's reliability with some calibration solution.

I'm sure some of the high readings were from the unused soil amendments washing out, but wouldn't a concentration above 6000ppm have burned my plants to shit already? Still no signs of burn, toxicity, lockout, or slowed growth. Day 23 now from flip and they've been in the same soil (first 1 gal containers, transplanted to 3 gal smart pots just before flip about 3.5 weeks ago but all with the same amended coco mix)

My first grow I watered every 2-3 days whether they needed it or not and it lead to fungus gnats and wilting plants. Maybe my mix doesn't drain as well as pure coco (I used about 40% coco loco, 10% peat, 10% worm castings, 20% hydroton, 20% perlite). I'm pretty sure watering to runoff every day would drown my roots. Right now they dry out perfectly in about 3-4 days (some moisture- but not wet- in the top 1-2" of the medium, weigh about 2/3 as much as when fully watered). The plants are in 3 gal smart pots and are about 26" tall from the base, about 20" x 20" wide with a dense canopy.

I've seen people recommend watering every day I just can't see that for my plants. Does your coco drain well enough for the roots to get oxygen with daily waterings?

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

The meter is cheap but brand new, I don't have any calibration solution but that's a good idea if I find some cheap at the hydro store or see issues with the plants I'll check my meter's reliability with some calibration solution.

I'm sure some of the high readings were from the unused soil amendments washing out, but wouldn't a concentration above 6000ppm have burned my plants to shit already? Still no signs of burn, toxicity, lockout, or slowed growth. Day 23 now from flip and they've been in the same soil (first 1 gal containers, transplanted to 3 gal smart pots just before flip about 3.5 weeks ago but all with the same amended coco mix)

My first grow I watered every 2-3 days whether they needed it or not and it lead to fungus gnats and wilting plants. Maybe my mix doesn't drain as well as pure coco (I used about 40% coco loco, 10% peat, 10% worm castings, 20% hydroton, 20% perlite). I'm pretty sure watering to runoff every day would drown my roots. Right now they dry out perfectly in about 3-4 days (some moisture- but not wet- in the top 1-2" of the medium, weigh about 2/3 as much as when fully watered). The plants are in 3 gal smart pots and are about 26" tall from the base, about 20" x 20" wide with a dense canopy.

I've seen people recommend watering every day I just can't see that for my plants. Does your coco drain well enough for the roots to get oxygen with daily waterings?
lol everyday?
I water mine 4x a day during lights on right now.. They damn near die if I dont!

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

but i have no idea with that mixture you got...
If it aint broke dont fix it....

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

My mix must retain more water. One of my friends grows in 10gal pure coco and waters every 2-3 days with plants very slightly larger than my own. So he waters over 3x the volume of medium as me and more often. My base coco loco is a bit heavy compared to high quality pure coco I've seen and then with the worm castings and peat it probably retains even more. And that's what I'm thinking with the not being broke, it seems to be working out well for now at least lol.

I'll definitely cut my nute strenth down and feed every with every water. I appreciate all of the input

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

ive got a lot of light intensity on my canopy so mine need watered often.

20170805 003608
20170805 221941
Whitesnake

Whitesnake

1640w / 32 = 51 watts per square foot. I'm running 1x 1000w HPS and 1x 750w HPS in a 4x8 tent, but only about 25 or 26 square feet is plant canopy, the other 6-7 sqft is an A/C, oscilating fans, exhaust fan and carbon filter. So I've got about 54 watts per square foot or 67 watts per square foot depending on how you want to look at it

J

Jfrezy

Use a feed feed water system per week. 2 nutes feed and one water every week. 3 watering per week. If the feeding schedule says 5ml per feeding cut the feeding in half. So you feed a total of 5ml per week not 5ml every feed.

Top Bottom