Russet Mites Discussion

• Thread starter idiophonics
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
idiophonics

idiophonics

I recently was informed that my thrip problem was actually a Russet Mite problem, thank you @ethcan for that insight.

I am going to remove all my plants, clean up the room and start again. What should my best practices be for cleaning and ultimately for prevention. As well as best techniques for "dipping" cuttings and quarantining. I have heard about the use of sulfur powders, DE and neem oils.

Thinking they were thrips I started with Beauveria Bassiana applied in a foliar spray. Along with Neoseiulus Amblyseius Cucumeris (bene bugs).

Lets discuss, and thank you all.

SmithsJunk

SmithsJunk

I recently was informed that my thrip problem was actually a Russet Mite problem, thank you @ethcan for that insight.

I am going to remove all my plants, clean up the room and start again. What should my best practices be for cleaning and ultimately for prevention. As well as best techniques for "dipping" cuttings and quarantining. I have heard about the use of sulfur powders, DE and neem oils.

Thinking they were thrips I started with Beauveria Bassiana applied in a foliar spray. Along with Neoseiulus Amblyseius Cucumeris (bene bugs).

Lets discuss, and thank you all.

Can't you treat em? I killed a broad mite infestation in my outdoor garden. Used heavy duty stuff, but it worked. Are they too far along for stronger pesticides?

E

Elevated

No need to use chemicals, use Plant Therapy. Use is every 12 hours for 3 days to make sure eggs don't hatch!!! Then switch between Purecrop1 and Plant therapy. Spray each product once a week with atomizer or my favorite is Paint sprayer (never used). Also, cloning if you dip cutting in Plant Therapy you will prevent hitchhikers!!! Good luck, you can beat them.

Last edited by a moderator:
idiophonics

idiophonics

This is a small garden and all the plants are pretty early clones and seedlings. I am going to get some petri dishes and try various methods on them. It seems like more work to get treat them vs completely remove and start over. Sure I will lose a couple cuts that are fire, but lets face it we got tons of other fire to choose from. I will be reporting back on my findings, but any advise is very much appreciated. I am going to try to stick to products approved by Washington state, which can be found here: https://agr.wa.gov/pestfert/pesticides/docs/Pesticidesalloweduseonmarijuana.pdf

ethcan

ethcan

No need to use chemicals, use Plant Therapy. Use is every 12 hours for 3 days to make sure eggs don't hatch!!! Then switch between Purecrop1 and Plant therapy. Spray each product once a week with atomizer or my favorite is Paint sprayer (never used). Also, cloning if you dip cutting in Plant Therapy you will prevent hitchhikers!!! Good luck, you can beat them.

Have you actually fought broad/russet mites with plant therapy? Are we talking two spot, or broad/russet? BIG difference in terms of resilience and difficulty to eradicate.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Spray the Sulfur it's your best friend when your dealing with russets. Follow up with Venerate and Grandevo if you care about your overall product. Of course no sulfur in flower or bugs

idiophonics

idiophonics

So spraying sulfur dissolved in water is a better choice than dusting with the powder?

Latest posts

Top Bottom