Supporter
do sulfur burners work outdoors?

what kind should I get?

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Shitty bro.

What's the systemic residual presence of avid? I think it may be out of the question this late in the season, but if it's only 60 days or so it may be worth considering. For some reason I am thinking avid is like 100-120 day systemic. I've never used it though.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
i can see the little fuckers crawling around :arghh:
Russetmites1
Russetmites3
What did i do wrong? what do i do now?
get a job I guess

INbreed312

INbreed312

Where i am, if you spray the plant in the daytime after about 9 or 10am, and before 5 or 6pm, it will cause similar heat stress, if not out and out burn. If the humidity is not high enough, the water drops will just fry it like a magnifying glass. This is of course imVho! (could be some kind of mite...a better scope might be worth the investment)....
EDIT:
Of course you are posting your findings just as I am typing my original post. Sorry on your findings CGK! Good luck with the fallout remediation.

SpiderK

SpiderK

Yea, they are evil fuckers. I don't know where they came from, but they reportedly can survive on seeds, and the first time I saw them was on some small vegglings that I grew from seed. Hops are grown in the Colorado piedmont, and they could also easily have spread from the hops fields, since its all in the Cannabaceae family. Or like Spleefman said, maybe it came from ditchweed or victory hemp growing all over the Midwest.

I know that Hemp Russet Mites are closely related to Tomato Russet Mites, they are all Eriophyid mites. My tomatoes had some upward curling this year, and my outdoor Deep Chunks got pretty ripped up by the russet mites. I saw a buddy's outdoor garden that was totally ravaged by russet mites. His tomatoes were all but dead.

As far as getting rid of them in a large scale grow, good luck. I say just burn the building down. :mad0233: But if you are growing for an MMC, you should just do that anyway...

All the essential oil products don't work, including rosemary, lavender, neem, etc. Don't bother with Azamax, SNS-217, SM-90, etc. Abamectin in veg will kill em and their eggs. In bloom, I used SAFER Liquid Sulphur twice, 3 days apart, then I did a cycle of Mighty Wash/Power Wash. No trace of em at harvest and no nasty sulphur taste either. I have been checking on a regular basis with a microscope and have become super anal about spotting these fuckers. I think I'm going to just spray liquid sulphur the first week or two of bloom on a regular basis as a preventative instead of overusing Abamectin, so long as I don't actively see them.

More people than you think have em and have no idea what they are!
Green Mopho, Oct 10, 2011

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...or-hemp-russet-mites-in-colorado.40930/page-2

SpiderK

SpiderK

& contact your friends in the area like goo ... drop them 99 clones. one ounce per still as backup .....

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
In CO we get a good hard freeze every winter- I still cut and burn though rather than compost.

Best to look into how commercial horticulture outfits deal with it in your area.

Or this...
& contact your friends in the area like goo ... drop them 99 clones. one ounce per still as backup .....
Community is paramount in these situations- good thing you're such a good dude you know plenty of folks that can help.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

You are freaking me out now ken,i have a couple anahitas on my back porch that i sprayed down with the hose in the heat when i was watering my lawn and the leaves started tacoing the next day and then burning and turning crispy.I havent fed them,just growing in a 50/50 mix of my compost and some ocean forest i had laying around,they were 100% good til i sprayed them down,im gonna go look for bugs now!

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
Noooooo fish. Fuck I hate this feeling. All anxious like "SHOW ME THE PROBLEMS YOU BASTARD " *poops pants*

Canappa

Canappa

Dont know if this will help you but I was ready to cut all my stuff down a month ago till I used some Conserve SC my boy @TSTEW313 hooked me up with. I have to say the shit is not cheap but it worked on my spider mite problem 2wks into flower. I am now going imtp the 6th wk and the plant looks great! Good luck hope you find a solution..
Here is the info about Conserve its worth the try.

http://msdssearch.dow.com/Published...turf/pdfs/noreg/010-60273.pdf&fromPage=GetDoc
CS32 1

Last edited:
fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Ive never had russets nor do i want to but i do know my plants were 100% til i hit them with the hose though,just like kens,its also been 100+ and 80s to high 70s at night.I just scoped mine with a 100 power and cant see any bugs though.

IMG 20140728 184450 351
WeedGod

WeedGod

Yea you got the Borg ken, I'm cutting down a room this very minute covered in these fucks.
I found them I've veg but didn't think they were in the bloom room first week of flower and regret not spraying.
I would go get avid pylon and forbid! Spray them bitches for two weeks rotating each. After two sprays of one pesticide these bastards are already rebirthing super broads .
I've seen mmj centers spray this crap day 30 bloom indoors lol so I wouldn't be to worried about the leftovers in the bud

Latest posts

Top Bottom