• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
:hungover:

Thanks for your reply's and support everyone!
I bought an good airless paint sprayer last night at lowes and sprayed aspirin and a little sm90 this mornin
and im going to water with asprin also as soon its melted
I cant get my hands on avid for a few days
I have some Azamax..I think im going to start with that this evening

But yeah..I think im going to have to go with Avid..:meh:
and then harvest late (if there is one)
and yeah..i wont let anyone eat this weed
Its only for smoking..if there is any

I was sent a link to this thread and im going to do what The OP in it suggests
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=246324&page=3
Thanks again for the support!

i will keep yall updated

Airless
Aspirin ch
Sm90
below frigid

below frigid

I have been reading a lot of post on various websites about russet mites. It seems to me the most effective way to deal with these guys is to use different treatments every few days with a water rinse in between. Good Luck!

SpiderK

SpiderK

Whats up farmers?
I have been wondering how long these pesticides stay in the plant and do they really show up when you get something lab tested...

Well 180 ish days ago I sprayed 7 Cuts with the Recommended dose of:

Forbid 4F
Avid
Floramite
Eagle 20

(No I didn't have mites or PM)

Not at the same time, but over the course of 2 weeks...

They Vegged for another 9-10 weeks, then on in the flower room they went..

Well last week after a few week cure it was time to get the samples tested...

I got them tested by Ca Testing Authority...

All 7 samples tested the same...

Avid 8ppm
Floramite 5ppm

Forbid and Eagle 20 free!
I was told by them that an acceptable amount is 1ppm for human consumption.

Any other farmers use these products and actually get it tested?

I was told by CTA, that these pesticides are designed for Ag use ONLY and the photosynthesis of the sun helps to break down these systemic products quicker.

I am doing this exact same test again, but I'm putting some Mom's outside for 1.5 months to veg to see if the sun does break down the bad stuff...

I used to use Floramite when I got new clones but now no more...

Just thought I'd share my findings!

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...test-of-avid-forbid-floramite-eagle-20.50151/

SunGrown

SunGrown

I am pretty surprised that the eagle20 came back at zero, interesting stuff.

More info about the room used, lights etc? Outdoors the sun does break things down quicker, something like 50k watts psf from the sun I think.

I was told by them that an acceptable amount is 1ppm for human consumption.

Did they specify eating or smoking? 1ppm for each of the products? Did they provide data backing that up or they just said that??

Different methods of breakdown and ingestion going on so I just wonder if they specified.

Also, what was the specific dose you used of each product?

Thanks for the info, I am not familiar with that lab but will look into them

SpiderK

SpiderK

I am pretty surprised that the eagle20 came back at zero, interesting stuff.

More info about the room used, lights etc? Outdoors the sun does break things down quicker, something like 50k watts psf from the sun I think.

Did they specify eating or smoking? 1ppm for each of the products? Did they provide data backing that up or they just said that??

Different methods of breakdown and ingestion going on so I just wonder if they specified.

Also, what was the specific dose you used of each product?

Thanks for the info, I am not familiar with that lab but will look into them

the link is posted below the original post.

i can't answer your question i just found it in the search box ..... still reading.

SunGrown

SunGrown

the link is posted below the original post.

i can't answer your question i just found it in the search box ..... still reading.
my bad, I now see the link, I thought it was your testing...reading now!

SpiderK

SpiderK

Research Article -
Journal of Toxicology
Determination of Pesticide Residues in Cannabis Smoke

To date, there are no approved pesticides or application limits established for use on cannabis crops by the US EPA; therefore, all pesticide use on this crop is currently illegal [3]. The use of pesticides and plant growth regulators in medicinal cannabis cultivation has been found to be quite prevalent by both testing laboratories and authority laboratories alike. Many commercially available pesticide containing products or nutrient systems, some only approved for use on ornamental crops, are widely available from a variety of sources including hardware stores, specialty indoor hydroponic shops, and various, sometimes unscrupulous, online vendors. While 18 states allow cannabis for medicinal use, the majority of the current medical cannabis supply lacks regulations and enforcement related to the quality and safety of the plant material for consumption. Laboratories operating within California have reported that cannabis samples contaminated with residual pesticides are frequently encountered. In 2009 the Los Angeles City Attorney’s office covertly acquired and then tested three medical cannabis samples available to patients through dispensaries and found that in two of the samples exceedingly high levels of bifenthrin were found. In one sample, 1600 times the legal digestible amount was measured, and in the other, 85 times the legal limit was measured, although the exact quantities were not stated [4].

Many medical cannabis products are currently cultivated, processed, and prepared by private entities that are not regulated by external agencies. The lack of quality control results in patients potentially being exposed to cannabis contaminated with toxic levels of pesticides. Although not yet directly quantified, additional health complications in patients may become a contingency of pesticide exposure and may also interfere with long-term cannabis use studies. Regardless, pesticide toxicity is well documented [5] and more importantly can pose substantial threats to immunocompromised patients or patients with other conditions, such as diseases of the liver, that may intensify the toxicological effects of pesticide exposure [6]. Additionally, during heating pyrolysis products from the plant material form a highly complex mixture of products, many of which may interact with the pesticides or pyrolysis products of the pesticides forming more toxic materials, or highly toxic pyrolysis products may form from the pesticide residues alone [7]. As stated in the review by US General Accounting Office (GAO) in 2003, exposure to organophosphate pesticides through inhalation causes the most rapid appearance of toxic symptoms, and the primary cause of death from organophosphate pesticides is respiratory failure [2]. Considering these issues, evaluation of the exposure from contaminated cannabis needs

5. Conclusion

The present study clearly demonstrates that chemical residues present on cannabis will directly transfer into the mainstream smoke and ultimately the end user. Recoveries occurred in the highest quantity with the hand-held glass pipe, ranging between 60.3% and 69.5%. Recovery from the unfiltered water pipe ranged between 42.2% and 59.9%, and recovery from the filtered water pipe ranged between 0.08% and 10.9%. As mentioned previously, the effects of filtration have a significant impact on the total residues consumed. While there are differences between the devices, in general the portion of pesticide recovery is alarmingly high and is a serious concern. Although pesticides are designed to degrade fairly quickly in the environment [14], it is evident from this study that some are highly resistant to pyrolysis and volatilize easily into the smoke stream in agreement with previous studies noting the distillation behavior of pesticides in mainstream smoke [7]. Considering these results, high pesticide exposure through cannabis smoking is a significant possibility, which may lead to further health complications in cannabis consumers. This revelation certainly confounds previous metastudies seeking to determine the possible negative consequences associated with long-term cannabis use, as our experience with a breadth of samples indicates a significant possibility that the negative consequences reported in these studies could have been the result from various chemical residue exposures resulting from the use of unregulated product supply chains. As more states legislate and regulate cannabis products, a strong regulatory approach will help to reduce the potential public health and safety consequences from pesticide exposure. While it is fortunate that chemical residue recovery may be minimized with smoke filtering, this only serves to improve consumer safety today with no adequate regulations, as there is no better way to avoid pesticide and other chemical residue consumption than to assure it is not present on the product in the first place. Active sampling and analytical monitoring of the cannabis supply, along with collaborative efforts between current patients and state regulatory authorities, are needed to help further guide the development and implementation of proper application methods and testing standards that will avoid environmental contamination and consumer threats

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/jt/2013/378168/

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hey Spider; Thanks for this and all your posts
Im going to take your advice and use sulfer, After i get a handle on these bastarts

But Hey...Dont copy and paste those big huge informational posts here ok?
links are cool though;)

Im going to document my this with pics and we can see together what happens.

Last edited:
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I took photos of some of the worst plants..
the light dep showed the signs 1st. But i thought i just nute burned them and I was flushing the shit outa them and some looked like they were getting better..
This is by far the worst..its a lite dep firedog
Litedepfdrussets

the other light dep plants are struggling too
here is the lite dep big E OGs
BigElitedep729

full season Big E
BigErussets729

close ups of Big E russet damage
Bigecloseup729
BigEcloserussets

those are the wrost ones

And the Sour strawberry kush
Ssklitedep729

I gave them aspirin in the water..thats all so far

look like most of the big full season plants are infected too

Dago #1
Dago1closeuprussets729
Dago1russets729

Dago1russets729b

More later

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
did u bring clones in or everything going from seed ... ?
I tryed..they didnt want to root...that was one of my clues that I had a problem
if the asprin and azamax help..maybe I could take more cuts and try again

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
This is/was one my biggest and bestest plants:(
Dago#3
Dago3729

the tops are not as bad as the lowers yet

Dago3top729

SpiderK

SpiderK

no ....

did u bring in cuts that may have introduced the russet. you do not want the issue later in the season or next year. maybe start a couple seeds & put them on the other side of the yard & do not let your animals near them. at least test a few spots for a bigger run down the road. i would not use the same spot again ....

narrow down the worst plants or the ones showing the earliest signs ...

WeedGod

WeedGod

Ya gotta be careful with the aspirin in flower because it can cause flowers to hermie. Also I think it's better to spray aspirin after you kill the hrm. The hrm are injecting there poison into your plant which will make your plant lose vigor and get all funky, the aspirin is suppose to snap them out of this. I heard mighty wash works well on them .

SunGrown

SunGrown

I bet you will knock em out Ken. I had them last year but knocked em out and have none this year at all, in the same beds. (knocking on wood) And a few buddies had them last year as well and avid knocked them out.

I was curious if it may have started in your dep. My deps and indoor are always the spots I stay really on top of as far as spraying regularly cause those 2 places are always the first place for any kind of infestation.

SunGrown

SunGrown

Ya gotta be careful with the aspirin in flower because it can cause flowers to hermie. Also I think it's better to spray aspirin after you kill the hrm. The hrm are injecting there poison into your plant which will make your plant lose vigor and get all funky, the aspirin is suppose to snap them out of this. I heard mighty wash works well on them .
One of my buddy's just sprayed 12 gallons of mighty wash on his od, will know in a few days if it worked. Only identified mites there, but he likely had russets too.

Top Bottom