Sagging Plant

• Thread starter 420budz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CBDfutute4

CBDfutute4

In the mean time, get 4 42watt/150 cfl"s.

They are s long spiral tube. Most places are all led cfl but some still have 23w. If using 23"s, go for 6 at least.

Use y light socket connections so u can plug two bulbs into each light socket.

420budz

420budz

In the mean time, get 4 42watt/150 cfl"s.

They are s long spiral tube. Most places are all led cfl but some still have 23w. If using 23"s, go for 6 at least.

Use y light socket connections so u can plug two bulbs into each light socket.

I had a hard time finding those spiral bulbs, even at home depot. I did find some 50w but they have a weird housing that seems to block light. I'm hoping my t5 arrives this week.

Irish063

Irish063

They should turn right around when you get your t5. I mean after a couple days but you should notice quick.
I feel like I had better results with my t5 than I did my LED this year when I started some seedlings. I had a rough start but they definitely turned around quickly after the t5.
Just my two cents

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice! I just ordered a 6500 4ft with 8 bulbs. Blue lights during veg right? I'm only going to do about 5 plants at a time.
Make sure it is a HO (high output) or VHO (very high output) T5 For veg you will do fine with around 6000-6500 Kelvin I vegged this beast under T5 for 6 weeks then flowered under HPS 1000w

T5s are great for veg you can run them 6" from the canopy. Saves on cost from electrical and does a fine job.

FatGurlpheno 1
BTB pheno 1 FatGurl

420budz

420budz

They should turn right around when you get your t5. I mean after a couple days but you should notice quick.
I feel like I had better results with my t5 than I did my LED this year when I started some seedlings. I had a rough start but they definitely turned around quickly after the t5.
Just my two cents
I sure hope so. My seedlings have done good under a cfl bit they don't take much space so the light is right over them. At what point do you set them to flower. Age or height. Cause mine are like 4 or 5 months but only 15 or so inches. The one you see in the pic is about 2ft.

420budz

420budz

Make sure it is a HO (high output) or VHO (very high output) T5 For veg you will do fine with around 6000-6500 Kelvin I vegged this beast under T5 for 6 weeks then flowered under HPS 1000w

T5s are great for veg you can run them 6" from the canopy. Saves on cost from electrical and does a fine job.

View attachment 731639 View attachment 731640
Dang. That is sweet man. So turn down the lights for flower?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Dang. That is sweet man. So turn down the lights for flower?
No I vegged under 325 watts of t5 flouros then flowered under one thousand watt hps. So I upped the anty at flower time.

All that said HO t5's are a good way to go. There are many ways to skin a cat so to speak. Find what works best for you and your application and pocketbook. :D

420budz

420budz

No I vegged under 325 watts of t5 flouros then flowered under one thousand watt hps. So I upped the anty at flower time.

All that said HO t5's are a good way to go. There are many ways to skin a cat so to speak. Find what works best for you and your application and pocketbook. :D

Thanks man. Yea so far it's been fun trying to figure out nutes, lights, over water, under water, why this is sagging, why this is yellow blah blah blah. It's interesting for sure.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks man. Yea so far it's been fun trying to figure out nutes, lights, over water, under water, why this is sagging, why this is yellow blah blah blah. It's interesting for sure.
I will say this, I believe the entire cannabis industry has become way more complicated than in the dayz of old when we were guerrilla growers outside. Once people figured out that there were billions to be made from indoor growing and all the bellz n whistles things got way more complicated than is necessary for sure. Cannabis is a weed after all and a lot of what we are told we "need" to grow great cannabis is a lot of marketing and sales gimmicks.

Learn the basics and find what works for you and your wallet. Grow on man. Peace

420budz

420budz

I will say this, I believe the entire cannabis industry has become way more complicated than in the dayz of old when we were guerrilla growers outside. Once people figured out that there were billions to be made from indoor growing and all the bellz n whistles things got way more complicated than is necessary for sure. Cannabis is a weed after all and a lot of what we are told we "need" to grow great cannabis is a lot of marketing and sales gimmicks.

Learn the basics and find what works for you and your wallet. Grow on man. Peace
Well that's what I thought. Just seemed like ppl just dropped a seed in the ground and boom that's all it took. But having never done it when I first tried I had seedlings grow long and fall over. So it seemed like more of a science. I'm slowing learning the tricks. I'll "WEED" out what doesn't work and go from there. I have plenty of seeds to work with.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Well that's what I thought. Just seemed like ppl just dropped a seed in the ground and boom that's all it took. But having never done it when I first tried I had seedlings grow long and fall over. So it seemed like more of a science. I'm slowing learning the tricks. I'll "WEED" out what doesn't work and go from there. I have plenty of seeds to work with.
Nice man. Dont get me wrong. There is a lot to enviro, botany and soil, media science for sure. But I do think there are some that just can't ever be satisfied, they need the next pretty bottle of nutes or the next bleeding edge lighting. Sort of like folks that are willing to pay out 600 $ for every new Apple phone series. Just sayn. "New and improved" !!!!
the sales mans mantra!!!

Last edited:
420budz

420budz

Nice man. Dont get me wrong. There is a lot to enviro, botany and soil, media science for sure. But I do think there are some that just can't ever be satisfied they need the next pretty bottle of nutes or the next bleeding edge lighting. Sort of like folks that are willing to pay out 600 $ for every new Apple phone series. Just sayn.
Yea I get you man. Pretty much where ever there is a market to sell products there is a marketing reason for people to buy. Sort of like weight loss. A simple diet and exercise will do but they gotta sell you 90 day plans and carb cycling. Lol. They complicate it with too much science.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Yea I get you man. Pretty much where ever there is a market to sell products there is a marketing reason for people to buy. Sort of like weight loss. A simple diet and exercise will do but they gotta sell you 90 day plans and carb cycling. Lol. They complicate it with too much science.
Well like ole barnum and bailey said "thre is a sucker born every minute" or something like that. Not sure if I got the quotee correct. Either pt barnum or wc fields I think

Hope your havn a layd bakk Sunday man. peace

Top Bottom