Sasquash Rosin Press

• Thread starter Maxigurl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Live resin you need liquid nitrogen, and a SHIT ton of knowledge and permits.

R

redlife215

Ur point being? And i do t think u need liquid nitrogen. Live resin is just classified by the product u extract from. Libe resin being made out of fresh frozen material. Correct me if i am wrong

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I appreciate the info two bears .
I don't know too much about concentrates in general other than some good old frozen Kief . Yeah I agree that M1 seems very nice . Good luck to you . Let you know how my rosin turns out . By the way do you notice any major differences in Rosin compared to bho or whatever other similar Extracts you've vaped ? Is Rosin inferior in any way or better ?
I find Rosin tastes way better than BHO

BHO gets some thing's you don't want. Suchvas chlorophyll abd alkaloids that irritates the throat and lungs.

When you press Rosin you get a better tasting product.

When i made QWISO and winterized the liquid to remove the chlorophyll fats and lipids. It Didnt irritate my throat abd lungs.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Nobody gas mentioned tge nkst obvious reason not to oress rosin... it sucks compared to live resin rosin is far inferior
Thats fine if you have $10-15 thousand and have the skill. Rosin is one of the best ways to go yoy can start with a hair straightener abd a clamp for added pressure or you can spend a lot more.

If you press at 230 F you get a shatter consistency.

I always press at around 210 F fir slightly better yield and better flavor.

Maxigurl

Maxigurl

I find Rosin tastes way better than BHO

BHO gets some thing's you don't want. Suchvas chlorophyll abd alkaloids that irritates the throat and lungs.

When you press Rosin you get a better tasting product.

When i made QWISO and winterized the liquid to remove the chlorophyll fats and lipids. It Didnt irritate my throat abd lungs.
Nice , I figured Rosin would be the better tasting of the Extracts due to its lack of solvents . Thanks for the report . I'm yet to vape or dab Rosin . I'm getting a rig soon though so that will change . Peace .
I haven't heard of qwiso, I'll look into that .

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Nice , I figured Rosin would be the better tasting of the Extracts due to its lack of solvents . Thanks for the report . I'm yet to vape or dab Rosin . I'm getting a rig soon though so that will change . Peace .

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

Rosin only makes sense financially if you have access to large amounts of good shake for cheap. Flower rosin has too low of a return and the flower ends up being worth more than to make it into rosin. Dry sift or bubble to press into rosin is the only way to go financially. However, unless you start with very fresh very high quality shake and use a low micron screen to sift and low micron pouches to press, your end product will be dark brown and smell like shit. You get out what you put in, like anything else. Can't get chicken salad from chicken shit. So to do all of this and for it to make sense as a sole business venture, one must have tons of good shake. We do it here as a side project. It makes cents this way also to repurpose "waste" without chemical solvents. But do not go out and buy 100 units of shake from your neighbor and think that because it's "the chronic" that it will make fire rosin. FRESHness is key........ And harvest time. Amber trichs=Amber Kief=DARK brown rosin..strain specific too, not all strains make good rosin. Just jaw flapping... Peace

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Rosin only makes sense financially if you have access to large amounts of good shake for cheap. Flower rosin has too low of a return and the flower ends up being worth more than to make it into rosin. Dry sift or bubble to press into rosin is the only way to go financially. However, unless you start with very fresh very high quality shake and use a low micron screen to sift and low micron pouches to press, your end product will be dark brown and smell like shit. You get out what you put in, like anything else. Can't get chicken salad from chicken shit. So to do all of this and for it to make sense as a sole business venture, one must have tons of good shake. We do it here as a side project. It makes cents this way also to repurpose "waste" without chemical solvents. But do not go out and buy 100 units of shake from your neighbor and think that because it's "the chronic" that it will make fire rosin. FRESHness is key........ And harvest time. Amber trichs=Amber Kief=DARK brown rosin..strain specific too, not all strains make good rosin. Just jaw flapping... Peace
agree with much. Pressing flower only gets 47-80% of the medicine.

47% with hair straigtener
80% with a real press.

pressing dry sift or bubble hash is the ONLY way to go.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

Hello I just gotta come back to this and say that I am against DIY BHO making. Where I live, in California, it is a major problem. In fact, it seems to be the only thing that law enforcement really cares about, and it's because every year we have some moron, sorry, uninformed person, trying to make BHO with a camp fire beside a baby nursery. It's really annoying because the cops have a hard on for it and thereby for all oil..... So rosin is something that everyone can safely, and very easily, do at home. If you're in it for profit then pick up some real knowledge and a processors license. Don't make our community into the cannabis equivalent of exploding meth labs.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

It's not just a Cali issue. The morons (yes MORONS) are doing this all over. Same issue with anyone doing an extract or purge with flammable liquids indoors or outside with out the proper safety precautions.

And not everyone or every state has processor licences. To get one here it's like a 10k fee. Not many i know have 10k for a fee other than a lawyer on retainer.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

It's not just a Cali issue. The morons (yes MORONS) are doing this all over. Same issue with anyone doing an extract or purge with flammable liquids indoors or outside with out the proper safety precautions.

And not everyone or every state has processor licences. To get one here it's like a 10k fee. Not many i know have 10k for a fee other than a lawyer on retainer.
Yea I feel you, and I am against regulation by governing bodies as well. Education is the key to it.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

I
agree with much. Pressing flower only gets 47-80% of the medicine.

47% with hair straigtener
80% with a real press.

pressing dry sift or bubble hash is the ONLY way to go.
If I could get 80% return on flower, that's all I would do. I get 10% usually from FIRE flower and around 40-60% on the dry sift..

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I

If I could get 80% return on flower, that's all I would do. I get 10% usually from FIRE flower and around 40-60% on the dry sift..
how are you pressing a hair straigtener?

you should get a lot more than that.

With a Rosin press you should get 80-85% yield out of dry sift.

what is your humidity like?

very dry buds and sift give disappointing yields.
I

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Out of 17 strains, only one gave me a decent return from flower. And this was a B tier strain. 3.5 in, 1.2 out. There is so much rosin left over in the pucks, be it flower, trim, bubble, kief, it's not worth the time and materials used. I've used a hair straightener, 1 ton, 12 ton, 20 ton presses, plates from 3x5 to 4x7. Temps from 180 to 230*. Fresh buds, cured, dried, old kief, fresh dry ice kief, etc. 5 different parchment paper brands, 4 rosin baggie micron types, the list goes on and on.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

I have a 20 ton press and have had several rosin presses the past few years. I build motorized dry sift tumblers and sell them and make rosin weekly. Too large of a micron sifting screen or pressing pouches, 120 and above allow plant matter, creates higher yields because there is plant matter in the finished product. Leaving on the press to long to squeeze at a higher pressure creates higher yields, also burns your product creating a brown or dark brown finish. These things are not the way to
Make good rosin. Using a very fine mic sift combined with very fine mic pouch can definitely equal 80% yield, it just didn't make cents financially. As far as flower, for it to return 80% oil that means it was only 20% plant matter, assuming your rosin is close to being pure. Please tell me what size mic pouches you have used to yield 80% on flower...? And I will show you that your end product is nowhere near being pure.. So to rephrase what I was saying, I have never achieved those yields from rosin making with flower period, as for dry sift, I agree 80% is doable for sure, so is 90%. In fact single bounce 25 micron dry sift can be full melt.. The flower though... Not getting 80%, I don't believe it, not unless some of your bud is in the finishes rosin. Press your flower with a 25 mic pouch and look at the yield.

SoilGame420

SoilGame420

To get high quality dry sift, the yield are pathetic, so turning that into 80% return making rosin is easy, but what did it take to get you to that point? 10 lbs of shake to get a few ounces of high quality sift( say 3 ounces)which will only make a 2.4 ounces of rosin at 80% return. That is not an 80% return IMO because it took 10 lbs starting material to get there. So 10 lbs to 2.4 ounces..... In other words.

Latest posts

Top Bottom