Sassy's 2015 Greenhouse

• Thread starter Sassyfemme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sassyfemme

Hello everyone, :)

So, this year, we are doing all our growing outdoors in our very first greenhouse. Plants will be put directly in soil ( super soil ). The greenhouse should be up by April, then will put composts and amendments to cook until near June before actually transplanting occurs.

The greenhouse will measure 24' x 60' and stand 13' at it's centre. Sides will have the capability of rolling up for added air circulation and we bought 4 huge stand alone industrial fans. I will have the handyman make some sort of passive exhaust at the top or top ends.

For now, I am just starting to crack seeds and will even get a few clones of strains I would not otherwise have access to. These are the seeds I'm working on presently; 818 Headband ( Sour OG ), Cali O ( Ghetto Gardener ), Jack The Ripper F2 ( Barefrog ), Herijuana F2 ( Barefrog ), Canadian Crude F2 ( Sour Diesel x NL - Barefrog ), Cluster Bomb x Shiva x Pineberry F2 ( Barefrog ).

The clones I may get are: U.K. Cheese as well as Jean-Guy.

Here are a couple of images of the greenhouse as it looked last year when we bought from a farmer.

Sassys 2015 greenhouse
Sassys 2015 greenhouse 2

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hello everyone, :)

So, this year, we are doing all our growing outdoors in our very first greenhouse. Plants will be put directly in soil ( super soil ). The greenhouse should be up by April, then will put composts and amendments to cook until near June before actually transplanting occurs.

The greenhouse will measure 24' x 60' and stand 13' at it's centre. Sides will have the capability of rolling up for added air circulation and we bought 4 huge stand alone industrial fans. I will have the handyman make some sort of passive exhaust at the top or top ends.

For now, I am just starting to crack seeds and will even get a few clones of strains I would not otherwise have access to. These are the seeds I'm working on presently; 818 Headband ( Sour OG ), Cali O ( Ghetto Gardener ), Jack The Ripper F2 ( Barefrog ), Herijuana F2 ( Barefrog ), Canadian Crude F2 ( Sour Diesel x NL - Barefrog ), Cluster Bomb x Shiva x Pineberry F2 ( Barefrog ).

The clones I may get are: U.K. Cheese as well as Jean-Guy.

Here are a couple of images of the greenhouse as it looked last year when we bought from a farmer.

View attachment 478664 View attachment 478665
Lovely!

S

Sassyfemme

Hiiiii Seamaiden, :)

I'm back, and this time will be all about greenhouse growing, and of course completely organic. Been having small issues with cracking some seeds, I think they may be a bit on the old side, but some are coming along fine. Still a couple of months before I can have the greenhouse assembled. :)

S

Sassyfemme

Getting seeds cracking and seedlings growing in preparation for the greenhouse in a few months from now. Most should end up at around 4 feet in height before I transplant them in the ground in the greenhouse.

Jan 27 seedlings

Jan27   cracking seeds

north knect

north knect

Good stuff @Sassyfemme !! Should be an interesting show for sure..that's quite the house to fill..good luck and positive vibes sent ur way! :D

S

Sassyfemme

Good stuff @Sassyfemme !! Should be an interesting show for sure..that's quite the house to fill..good luck and positive vibes sent ur way! :D

Hello and thank you north knect, :)

Yes, am hoping that most will turn out to be females, so once they can be sexed, then I will be ready to go for broke in terms of vegging them to a good size. For now, only my Sour OG ( 818 Headband ) are from feminized seeds, everything else is from regular seeds from a breeder friend ( Barefrog ). :)

north knect

north knect

Is barefrog a Canuck? Think I've heard the name before..have u ran the Canadian crude outdoors before?

S

Sassyfemme

Is barefrog a Canuck? Think I've heard the name before..have u ran the Canadian crude outdoors before?

Yes, he is :) Will be my first try with the Canadian Crude ( NL x Diesel ) but from what I understand, it's a decent producer. I also will be running Cluster Bomb x Shiva x Pineberry and that is supposed to be a very big yielder. Mind you, I'm still very much in love with the Sour OG for it's qualities. :)

north knect

north knect

I'm up in northern ontario and have a hard time finding a true early finisher that's really mold resistant..I'm sure were roughly in the same climate..any strains u have ran that are just impressive outdoors? Canadian crude sounds legit lol..NL#5 and freizland have really only done it for me

north knect

north knect

That cluster bomb x shiva x pine berry sounds interesting also!! I'm assuming the pine berry Is a pinewarp blueberry cross?

S

Sassyfemme

That cluster bomb x shiva x pine berry sounds interesting also!! I'm assuming the pine berry Is a pinewarp blueberry cross?

To be perfectly honest, I don't know, I noticed that on one label, it says Cluster x Shiva x Pine Berry and on a list by same breeder, it is Cluster x ShivaBerry. In any case, as long as it's really yummy after harvest, I'm good. :D

north knect

north knect

To be perfectly honest, I don't know, I noticed that on one label, it says Cluster x Shiva x Pine Berry and on a list by same breeder, it is Cluster x ShivaBerry. In any case, as long as it's really yummy after harvest, I'm good. :D
No doubt :p

S

Sassyfemme

Seedlings coming along fine and am still in process of cracking other seed strains as well. Today, I visited our local Nursery for some soil to use to for vegging plants and could not get any, so I bought this really interesting ( 2 big bags ) compost made locally and it includes; worm castings, crab, clams and even bark and is high in calcium.

Also picked up a bag of Dolomitic limestone ( the granulated kind ), a bag of groth supplement which contains a beneficial fungus that increases phosphorus uptake, stimulates roots and enhances plant growth. I also got a small bag of crab meal.

Now, I have perlite and a huge bag of Promix and guano, bone meal and blood meal. Think I'll go with all the above to make a decent soil for while the plants are indoors.

Any thoughts? :)

north knect

north knect

With all the above i think u will be very happy with your soil .. I've never used crab meal or even seen it being used..sounds interesting tho :D

Top Bottom