Sassy's 2015 Greenhouse

• Thread starter Sassyfemme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
papapayne

papapayne

looking great man, they sure are growing nicely now!

What is the size of the greenhouse again?

S

Sassyfemme

Images from yesterday, we are nearing end of July with less than a week to go. Some strains such as the Serious 6 and the Nebula x Juan xBig have already started budding and should be done by mid-September. :)

OG Kush x Snow Lotus
July 25 OG Kush x Snow Lotus

Ace of Spades

July25 Ace of Spades

Bubba Kush x White Russian x Ace of Spades
July25 Bubba Kush x White Russian x Ace of Spades

Canadian Crude ( Northern Lights x Diesel )
July25 Canadian Crude

818 Headband, aka Sour OG
July25 Headband

Nebula x Juan x Big
July25 Nebula x Juan x Big

Serious 6
July25 Serious6

Sin Mint Cookies
July25 Sin Mint Cookies

Train Wreck
July25 Train Wreck

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
To calculate gallons, take the measurements (in inches), multiply all three, then divide by 231, which is the number of cubic inches in a gallon.

So, 48"x48"x24"=55,296
55,296/231=239.37 gallons per 4x4 bed.

S

Sassyfemme

To calculate gallons, take the measurements (in inches), multiply all three, then divide by 231, which is the number of cubic inches in a gallon.

So, 48"x48"x24"=55,296
55,296/231=239.37 gallons per 4x4 bed.

I'm hoping that some of the plants will become monsters but more importantly, that they remain healthy. Thank you for explaining how to calculate this. :)

S

Sassyfemme

They're already on their way! You're gonna have a great season. :D

Thank you , it's my hope that this will be a very good season for us. Was in the greenhouse this morning and figured I'd measure a couple of the plants and was amazed to find that one of the Train Wreck's now stands at 8'5" ( I will need to cut it back some as it's already touching the greenhouse cover ) and one of the 818 Headband's is a very respectable 7' 9" . Got man y others in the 6' range. :)

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I'm hoping that some of the plants will become monsters but more importantly, that they remain healthy. Thank you for explaining how to calculate this. :)
Will become? Those are beasts already!!
Kudos. This is a great thread.
Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thank you , it's my hope that this will be a very good season for us. Was in the greenhouse this morning and figured I'd measure a couple of the plants and was amazed to find that one of the Train Wreck's now stands at 8'5" ( I will need to cut it back some as it's already touching the greenhouse cover ) and one of the 818 Headband's is a very respectable 7' 9" . Got man y others in the 6' range. :)
I wouldn't cut them back, I would supercrop, bend or tie them down somehow. They should be gearing up to set blooms by now, you don't want to lose that steam they've got rollin'.

Wee!!

S

Sassyfemme

I wouldn't cut them back, I would supercrop, bend or tie them down somehow. They should be gearing up to set blooms by now, you don't want to lose that steam they've got rollin'.

Wee!!

You're quite right, I will attempt to do some light cropping and I think I will need to bend as I can, these plants are about to overgrow the greenhouse, lol. Some are already budding but not the Train Wreck or Headband, not yet but soon. :)

DO IT

DO IT

Wee!!

I second SM, don't cut them just bend them over and tie them down. If you want you can even break them and tie them up at a 90* angle. They will heal at the "elbow", turn and keep growing. Nice set up BTW.

S

Sassyfemme

I second SM, don't cut them just bend them over and tie them down. If you want you can even break them and tie them up at a 90* angle. They will heal at the "elbow", turn and keep growing. Nice set up BTW.

No cutting, only bending and tying down. :) Not that it will make any big difference in the universe, but, I am beginning to wonder what the yield on some of these plants is going to be, I think I may be good for a good 2 pounds on the Headband, could be more and I'm thinking that the TrainWreck will do pretty good as well. :)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
No cutting, only bending and tying down. :) Not that it will make any big difference in the universe, but, I am beginning to wonder what the yield on some of these plants is going to be, I think I may be good for a good 2 pounds on the Headband, could be more and I'm thinking that the TrainWreck will do pretty good as well. :)
In my experience, getting this kind of vegetative growth early on means at least a 4 pounder. :)

S

Sassyfemme

In my experience, getting this kind of vegetative growth early on means at least a 4 pounder. :)

Hehheh, well I hope you're right as I would be very happy with such a yield. Today, I'm working on making a worm farm from a couple of Rubbermaid bins so that I can produce my own worm castings to add to the enrichment of the soil. Doing what I can to make happy plants. :D

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

Some of those plants will hit 4 a plant. Some might not. However, everything is super healthy. Your continuing your fantastic grow, and most of the season is behind us. Keep it up, looking dank-tastic!

I have several different worm piles and bins. I have a worm bin 360 that I keep house scraps in, and the main purpose here is farming worms. Not the castings. That is how I replenish my large piles. My large piles, I like to buy a yard (or several yards) of top quality compost. I am lucky, near me I can pick up some great diestel compost for 60-80$ a yard. I place that in my 200 - 400 gallon smart pots and inoculate the compost with basalt, other minerals and sometimes some kelp or alfalfa in small amounts. Then I take my worms from my 360 and place them into the new pot, keep the moisture levels where they need to be, and 3-12 months later you end up with some fantastic castings. The advantage to using a nice compost as a base is even if the worms don't work 100% of the pile, the compost is still good to go. I just top dressed my garden with 2" of these castings after about 4-6 months of sitting, and the castings were top quality. The humus on my hands was dark and plentiful. I don't bother sifting because the compost base is quality, and the worms are great for the beds. I just make sure not to empty the smart pot 100%, and top it off with fresh inoculated compost. That way the remaining worms in the old, mostly harvested castings will repopulate the new compost.

The quality of castings this produces is worth 500$ a yard, easy. I have found this is the easiest way to farm quality castings that doesn't need sifting.

Top Bottom