Sassy's 2015 Greenhouse

• Thread starter Sassyfemme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sassyfemme

Some of those plants will hit 4 a plant. Some might not. However, everything is super healthy. Your continuing your fantastic grow, and most of the season is behind us. Keep it up, looking dank-tastic!

I have several different worm piles and bins. I have a worm bin 360 that I keep house scraps in, and the main purpose here is farming worms. Not the castings. That is how I replenish my large piles. My large piles, I like to buy a yard (or several yards) of top quality compost. I am lucky, near me I can pick up some great diestel compost for 60-80$ a yard. I place that in my 200 - 400 gallon smart pots and inoculate the compost with basalt, other minerals and sometimes some kelp or alfalfa in small amounts. Then I take my worms from my 360 and place them into the new pot, keep the moisture levels where they need to be, and 3-12 months later you end up with some fantastic castings. The advantage to using a nice compost as a base is even if the worms don't work 100% of the pile, the compost is still good to go. I just top dressed my garden with 2" of these castings after about 4-6 months of sitting, and the castings were top quality. The humus on my hands was dark and plentiful. I don't bother sifting because the compost base is quality, and the worms are great for the beds. I just make sure not to empty the smart pot 100%, and top it off with fresh inoculated compost. That way the remaining worms in the old, mostly harvested castings will repopulate the new compost.

The quality of castings this produces is worth 500$ a yard, easy. I have found this is the easiest way to farm quality castings that doesn't need sifting.

I have been using African worm castings bought from a friend who gets it from someone else but I find it costly so I've decided to start making my own and next season I will be able to use it in the garden. We have a local Nursery who make their own organic compost and they sell it for $30. a yard, mind you, we live pretty far in the countryside and things may be a little less expensive. Am growing in raised beds and just figuring out how much soil and amendments are need per box and it's a lot. For now, I will start with a small worm farm bin and get used to doing it before I decided if I want to graduate to larger bins, etc,. :)

S

Sassyfemme

So, this is my first worm compost bin, made holes in the top bin for oxygen and also in the bottom of top bin so that juice falls to the bottom bin. Although I was given a bit of worms, I need to go buy about a pound of red wigglers soon. :)

Worm bin

Worm bin1

S

Sassyfemme

Been a little busy all week with putting together a worm compost bin, weeding and because plants are getting big and branches are beginning to show their weight, we are installing permanent posts at each corner of each raised box, screwing the 10' slats in place and we still aren't finished. We also did a little cleaning up under the plants, removing low hanging branches and suckers. These images are from earlier today.

Ace of Spades

Aug4 Ace of Spades

Canadian Crude ( Norther Lights x Sour Diesel )
Aug4 Canadian Crude

818 Headband, aka Sour OG
Aug4 Headband

Nebula x Juan x Big Bud shot of the Nebula x Juan x Big
Aug4 Nebula
Aug4 Nebula macro

OG Kush x Snow Lotus
Aug4 OG Kush x Snow Lotus

Serious 6 Serious 6 bud shot
Aug4 Serious 6
Aug4 Serious 6 macro

Sin Mint Cookies
Aug4 Sin Mint 1

TrainWreck
Aug4 TW

A look at most of the plants, the TrainWreck is just out of sight in the left hand side. Yes, there are a few plants in pots. :)
Aug4 wood slats

S

Sassyfemme

Sad news for me, the 2 TrainWreck plants are males. Going to have to cut them down today. A big loss. :(

Aug19 TW
Aug19 balls
Aug19 balls1

S

Sassyfemme

Ok, so all is going well once again in the greenhouse, got rid of that one male Trainwreck and I also cut down a Nebula x Juan x Big cross because of a start of bud rot, I totally removed with great care, the rotted part and then took down the whole plant and now it's hanging up to dry. It's a couple of weeks too early ( 3 ) but should still prove to be quite yummy.

Aug29 drying

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Sassy im goung to go back and try to find it but who is the manufacturer of your green house?really liking the design of it.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

@fishwhistle Check out Farmtek, they are the best. They have everything you need, and that style greenhouse is called Gothic.

@Sassyfemme Everything is looking great. I personally am really looking forward to the OG Kush x Snow lotus. I think that one will be a winner.

S

Sassyfemme

@fishwhistle Check out Farmtek, they are the best. They have everything you need, and that style greenhouse is called Gothic.

@Sassyfemme Everything is looking great. I personally am really looking forward to the OG Kush x Snow lotus. I think that one will be a winner.

Hi Bulldog11, :)

Most greenhouse companies have everything one needs in terms of choices and equipment, that being said, some are better than others, the one I am referencing is in Ontario, Canada, they have a very good choice, great customer service and follow up, and I really liked their prices. Yes, it's my first time with the OG Kush x Snow Lotus cross, a friend sent me seeds and I'm seeing how it grows and eventually, it's effects. Here's a recent pic of one of them. It stand at about 8' :D

OG Kush x Snow Lotus

S

Sassyfemme

Latest measures of my largest 818 Headband plant are; over 9 feet tall, about 8 feet in diameter and it has a stem measuring close to 8" in circumference, I think it's just about the biggest plant of that strain that I have ever grown. The OG Kush x Snow Lotus in the post just above is of a similar size. :D

papapayne

papapayne

I have 3 Snow lotus crosses in my garden, bohdi sure had a nice male when he made that strain, as it passes on some awesome growth and flower traits. The garden is looking awesome sassy, looking forward to seeing how ours bud out :)

stay free stay high

papa

Barefrog

Barefrog

Hola Gang

As I can see all is good at your place

very nice gardening you have this year.

Keep me some of that Canadian Crude
so I can taste it.

Some real G-13 may come my way

Bare

S

Sassyfemme

Hola Gang

As I can see all is good at your place

very nice gardening you have this year.

Keep me some of that Canadian Crude
so I can taste it.

Some real G-13 may come my way

Bare

Hola back at you Bare :D

Got me 2 beautiful and big Canadian Crude plants in flower with really beautiful buds. Here's a pic of inside the greenhouse as of a day or two ago. :D Yes, will put a little aside for you. :)

Inside greenhouse1

Inside greenhouse

Top Bottom