Sassy's 2015 Greenhouse

• Thread starter Sassyfemme
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sassyfemme

Lookin' sweet! Great job so far.

Hi Bare :)

I'll keep you updated on progress, we are working hard at ensuring the health of plants, and so far so good. Got us a few monsters and looking forward to a whole lot of trimming and other related fun activities like making Bubble h, etc,. :)

S

Sassyfemme

Hi everyone,

Well, end of September, we were ripped off during the night, they came and stole all of our beautiful plants and we never heard a thing. It's a big shock and we are traumatized by this but will not give up. So, we are now preparing for next season and will have adequate security in place and be so much more watchful during the harvest period.

S

Sassyfemme

That's terrible. Hit me up if you need security advice. I have lots of different forms of security on the farm.

We have a friend who is going to install motion sensors that will be connected to spot lights as well as an alarm and well will have cameras up. Will also put up signs warning would be rippers that they are being taped. We are not dog people so won't have a guard dog, and we don't want to hurt anyone ( no, not even those nasty rippers ) so will not have electrified wires.
We may have friends come up all through the harvest period to help keep watch.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

No offense, but you sound like an easy target. Those rippers would hurt you. They take the risk of getting hurt while ripping you. It's the game, and if your not willing to use force, they will walk all over you. They will be back next year, hope your ready.

I hope I am wrong, but criminals don't care about hurting other people. They only care about themselves, and need an eye opening experience. An alarm being tripped isn't going to do anything unless you follow up with force. Also, it's not brain surgery to disable the electricity out to a greenhouse. I would advise non powered deterrents as well. Such as trip wires with 12 gauge rounds.

Hope those losers are in jail this time next year. Where they belong.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hi everyone,

Well, end of September, we were ripped off during the night, they came and stole all of our beautiful plants and we never heard a thing. It's a big shock and we are traumatized by this but will not give up. So, we are now preparing for next season and will have adequate security in place and be so much more watchful during the harvest period.
<jaw hits floor> Oh my God, I am SO sorry. I heard from another friend last week, he was ripped off, too, and he almost caught the guy.

I'm so, so sorry. :(
We have a friend who is going to install motion sensors that will be connected to spot lights as well as an alarm and well will have cameras up. Will also put up signs warning would be rippers that they are being taped. We are not dog people so won't have a guard dog, and we don't want to hurt anyone ( no, not even those nasty rippers ) so will not have electrified wires.
We may have friends come up all through the harvest period to help keep watch.
That's what I ended up doing for a few years. After that we installed cameras and trip wires hooked up to obnoxiously loud alarms. I've found that those trip wires are worth triple their weight in gold! A motorcycle horn or something that would attract attention from all over is what really scares the living shit out of those shits.

Btw, they came with cookies for my dog, so.. yeah. A few guinea fowl would probably be better for you in that regard, or geese.

S

Sassyfemme

<jaw hits floor> Oh my God, I am SO sorry. I heard from another friend last week, he was ripped off, too, and he almost caught the guy.

I'm so, so sorry. :(

That's what I ended up doing for a few years. After that we installed cameras and trip wires hooked up to obnoxiously loud alarms. I've found that those trip wires are worth triple their weight in gold! A motorcycle horn or something that would attract attention from all over is what really scares the living shit out of those shits.

Btw, they came with cookies for my dog, so.. yeah. A few guinea fowl would probably be better for you in that regard, or geese.

The horn hook up sounds like a great idea. Here in Canada, it may not be legal to use deadly force to protect one's garden, especially since it isn't even considered legal yet. will look into trip wires attached to loud horns. Being two women of a certain age doesn't exactly inspire fear in anyone's hearts so hopefully whatever security we install will keep them at bay. Would you believe, we now sleep very lightly, and small noises tend to wake me up instantly now.

S

Sassyfemme

No offense, but you sound like an easy target. Those rippers would hurt you. They take the risk of getting hurt while ripping you. It's the game, and if your not willing to use force, they will walk all over you. They will be back next year, hope your ready.

I hope I am wrong, but criminals don't care about hurting other people. They only care about themselves, and need an eye opening experience. An alarm being tripped isn't going to do anything unless you follow up with force. Also, it's not brain surgery to disable the electricity out to a greenhouse. I would advise non powered deterrents as well. Such as trip wires with 12 gauge rounds.

Hope those losers are in jail this time next year. Where they belong.

No offense taken Bulldog :) We are hoping to have friends ( big guys ) up on and off all through the harvest period, maybe even camping out in the greenhouse. The security will be wireless and any electrical is buried so really not easy to find in the dark of night.

Someone mentioned electrical trip wires but we need to check into it's legality here in Canada.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
The horn hook up sounds like a great idea. Here in Canada, it may not be legal to use deadly force to protect one's garden, especially since it isn't even considered legal yet. will look into trip wires attached to loud horns. Being two women of a certain age doesn't exactly inspire fear in anyone's hearts so hopefully whatever security we install will keep them at bay. Would you believe, we now sleep very lightly, and small noises tend to wake me up instantly now.
I absolutely believe it. Before being robbed in a home invasion, I was battling rippers. And we almost caught one of them because they tripped the motorcycle horn.

realeyes

realeyes

Hi everyone,

i am really sad to read this . i have been following your journal and it is awsome the work you arre doing ...
keep your head up . best of luck next season.

papapayne

papapayne

dang!!! horrible man!

If you need some genetics, I would be happy to share some of my genetics with you to get started again.

S

Sassyfemme

I recently received seeds from an unknown breeder and was wondering what others think of these:

Kryptonite x Durban Poison

Purple Bubblegum x Sour Diesel

S

Sassyfemme

If legitimate, both crosses have potential to be excellent.

I think the person made their own crosses and I'm not sure of their stability, but will try one of each and see what they bring. I've pretty much already made up my list of strains for next season's garden; UBC Chemo, God's Blue Cheese by JOTI, Deep Purple by JOTI, AK47, White Russian and Pennywise and maybe some White Rhino.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
another deterrent is the trellis netting, nylon use to wrap plants..
Lay that on ground if you can up a few inches. Once tangled up in that one will have great difficulty doing anything.
so sorry you got ripped, must have taken time to clean out entire house...
Next year be vigilant most rippers are cowards and hopefully will not use force...

Top Bottom