Scrog Space And Efficiency

• Thread starter JohnDope195
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JohnDope195

Hello all, new member here.

Couple questions about efficient use of the SCROG technique. I haven't scrogged before.

I'm somewhat limited on space but I'm more limited in number of plants. Legal state.

My goal is to harvest as much as possible in a 10x10 grow tent with room to walk around and do my thing, in a weekly perpetual harvest.

Questions are the following:
1) Is a 27" x 27" vs a 33" x 33" going to matter much? Or is the main factor going to be amount of light?

2) Is light efficiency better for scrogging than for normal tree grows? Can I get away with 50w per sq seeing as how I don't really need light penetration?

3) Main goal is to harvest as much per plant as possible and I'd like to be able to achieve at least 12oz per plant. Otherwise I'd keep doing trees.

Strain is Northern Lights #5.
Time is not much of a factor. I'll take 16 weeks from start to finish if I have to.

To make a long story short,
Goals are to harvest as much per plant as possible in a scrog in a 10x10 plant. Time and money are not factors as long as 16 weeks max time.

Also clone vs seed make much of a difference as far as scrogging goes?

Thanks in advance for all replies and advice.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
It’s always about maximizing light to top via scrog. So what ever your lighting capabilities are is what you sjluldnscrog.

J

JohnDope195

It’s always about maximizing light to top via scrog. So what ever your lighting capabilities are is what you sjluldnscrog.
Thanks for the reply.

I guess to make my question even simpler...

I have a 10x10 grow space.
I need to have 8 plants in there with room to walk around. They are northern lights strain. They will be in a scrog.

I want to try and get at least 12oz per plant.

Lights are not a problem.

The issue is how long do I need to grow these from seed (or clone?) until the switch in order for them to achieve said yield, and more pertinent to my problem, is how big of a scrog per plant will I be required to build?

Having 8 4x4 scrogs is not going to fit in my grow tent. Even 3x3 is going to be pushing it. I want to try and keep them together in an island to make lighting more efficient and not have a bunch of light wasted by shining at the floor.

8 3x2s would work perfectly but it is an online shape and I don't want to train them to try and fill it out in such a way.

So I'm thinking 27" x 33" might work. That's 6.18 sq ft per plant. That's about 50ft sq total plant scrog space and I'll use 5x 600w hps lights.

Would a 27" x 33" scrog be big enough to accommodate a plant size that can yield what I need it to yield?

Thanks again.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yes the scrog size would be ample provided you utilized every “hole”.
Seed: I’d say 60 days or more to maximize potential before flip

Top Bottom