Scroggin Technique

• Thread starter Ander
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Monster762

Monster762

When scroggin do you just keep tucking under the net till flip or weave it though the net . Or there techniques
Good question. I am trying first scrog. I think technically you train the plant before putting net in
I used the net to help train. I waited til plants had a little size. they shot up I take the main top( dominant) and train it early.trying to make it even or lower than the side branches. Before it’s too stiff to. Net helps make that easier.
Then week or 2 pick the dominant ones n top em. This splits to 2 and slows them for others to try catching up. Clear any major light obstructing leaves from tops n tuck tops all you want put em where you want em. To get best light n space for air n growth.

Judging when to actually flip switch is tricky. Just know your limitations. ( height to light mainly)
Also at week 3-4 veg before flip remove all the tiny crap under net. It’s not gonna make it through the wall above. Just wastes plant energy trying to live in the dark.
Veg should total 30-40 days to set nice.

Biggest thing is as close to even canopy as possible maximizing efficiency of your light(s)

And I saved best for last. If you plan to run coco or drain to waste put an easily removable tray in first ( there goes a little of you height) or at least tray you can just put end of wet vac in. Once in the net lifting em to mop runoff ain’t happening.

I didn’t n shop vac sucks the floor liner up. It’s not fun. Luckily I got room to crawl under the plants.
I got pics of my first scrog setup but not gonna blow your thread up with em. I got a grow diary here.
Had good n bad times doing good yet going through it now. Gardens are work. But rewarding for sure.
Check out some diaries here. There’s a few scrog going. My scrog is toward the end of the
( Multi 8-10 wk strains and 2 autos )thread
I do like the look of the scrog over previous styles I’ve tried
But if you check it you’ll see I’m still learning.
All of us are for real.

A

Ander

Good question. I am trying first scrog. I think technically you train the plant before putting net in
I used the net to help train. I waited til plants had a little size. they shot up I take the main top( dominant) and train it early.trying to make it even or lower than the side branches. Before it’s too stiff to. Net helps make that easier.
Then week or 2 pick the dominant ones n top em. This splits to 2 and slows them for others to try catching up. Clear any major light obstructing leaves from tops n tuck tops all you want put em where you want em. To get best light n space for air n growth.

Judging when to actually flip switch is tricky. Just know your limitations. ( height to light mainly)
Also at week 3-4 veg before flip remove all the tiny crap under net. It’s not gonna make it through the wall above. Just wastes plant energy trying to live in the dark.
Veg should total 30-40 days to set nice.

Biggest thing is as close to even canopy as possible maximizing efficiency of your light(s)

And I saved best for last. If you plan to run coco or drain to waste put an easily removable tray in first ( there goes a little of you height) or at least tray you can just put end of wet vac in. Once in the net lifting em to mop runoff ain’t happening.

I didn’t n shop vac sucks the floor liner up. It’s not fun. Luckily I got room to crawl under the plants.
I got pics of my first scrog setup but not gonna blow your thread up with em. I got a grow diary here.
Had good n bad times doing good yet going through it now. Gardens are work. But rewarding for sure.
Check out some diaries here. There’s a few scrog going. My scrog is toward the end of the
( Multi 8-10 wk strains and 2 autos )thread
I do like the look of the scrog over previous styles I’ve tried
But if you check it you’ll see I’m still learning.
All of us are for real.
Good avice mate thank you .gona have a look at look at your diary now if i can find it

S

Simplicio

When scroggin do you just keep tucking under the net till flip or weave it though the net . Or there techniques

I gave up scrogging because there was too much plant mass to keep underneath a scrog. Even a second scrog above the first one couldn't handle all the growth. If a plant wants to be 6 feet tall, topping, scrogging, training can't contain it.
Now I do only Low Stress Training and Leaf Tucking, which I believe are more effective than scrogging for plants that get large.
If you decide on a scrog, do an up front estimate about how much vegetation it can contain.

Monster762

Monster762

always weave for the 2-3 weeks after flip. Then let the bud sites go vertical
See no one told me that when I tried to find out but I figured that was what was necessary to keep under the lights. I’m at week 4 now n they’re climbing still. I got maybe 18 inches or so til lights 24 inches on smaller ones at max Was pretty even then some just took off idk I think it’ll be ok

Monster762

Monster762

I set mine about 12" above plants..grow into net.till about wk3 of flower..each plant covers a 3×3 area..I veg.45 days.
What’s your average yield per 3x3? I got 4 of em kinda packed in a 4x4-5 It’s 4x8 but taking just over half of it.

Monster762

Monster762

Didn’t want to blow this thread up but seems no one really on it anyways this is my attempt at scrog. My idea was use the net to train. I’m now 25 days in n set waiting for colas.
88B74D68 836A 440B BD55 1108BDBF0D3A
29F6D0C1 0D8C 4343 B584 8F9EE30D725A
EEC20CEC 75CD 453B BD61 2DB5AF2EB978
405B6201 4C43 46B3 9D3D B387FB93725B
4439CFD1 F6A0 438D AE50 A12A98B50B28
B954DBBC 22CC 4BB8 89CA 9730B4B5A78D
35CA5EFD 422C 4E35 AC4F B0D407661120
6E9DCAD3 0E01 4A2F ACC6 935DF45CEF74

Monster762

Monster762

It depends on the plants..1/4-1/2# that's under 600 par lights.
Yeah I pull around over there without a net.but more n smaller plants. Never been this full. Hoping to do better. There’s technically 550 true watts led not counting the snakehead. All sitting within 24” from tops. Most at 18 or so.
And the plants are blotto ogk clones from my mother plant. They put out pretty good.

Phylex

Phylex

I set mine about 12" above plants..grow into net.till about wk3 of flower..each plant covers a 3×3 area..I veg.45 days.
I like your net size. I wish I went with smaller squares, allowing for more control. I've had to get creative considering my net is 4"x 4" squares. I've resorted to more super cropping in the second week of flower in addition to bailing wire, and clothes pins. I would have preferred to keep the super cropping left in veg and just tucked and weaved, but the square spacing was just too large and I wanted to do something to even out the canopy. I still have about 24-30" of working height available, but I didn't want to take any chance of overgrowing my tent.

Phylex

Phylex

I like your net size. I wish I went with smaller squares, allowing for more control. I've had to get creative considering my net is 4"x 4" squares. I've resorted to more super cropping in the second week of flower in addition to bailing wire, and clothes pins. I would have preferred to keep the super cropping left in veg and just tucked and weaved, but the square spacing was just too large and I wanted to do something to even out the canopy. I still have about 24-30" of working height available, but I didn't want to take any chance of overgrowing my tent.

Correction, My netting is 6"x 6" squares. Not 4x4

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
2" x 2" squares work very nicely. Additional anchorage can be achieved via pipe cleaners as well.

Mytwhyt

Mytwhyt

Hope is not prohibited.. Google - dwc waterloo scrog - This is my example of a recirculating waterfarm type dwc using igloo water coolers.. Attached scrog screen and foil reflectors.. It was an attempt to keep the water cool, and reflect the light back on the plant.. The water is pulled from the reservoir using only the GH drip ring.. No electric water pump was used, a rather simple change in plumbing is all it takes..
Admittedly its no undercurrent, and only moves 5-6 gal. an hour.. Oh no air stones were used..
Will be starting a 2 Waterloo grow using a 10 gal Gott cooler as a reservoir.. The Gott will have a Iceprobe to keep the temps down.. That should eliminate the need for the frozen water bottles i used in the waterloo grow.

Top Bottom