Sea Greens Rootamentary vs. roots excel

• Thread starter midwestdensies
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
midwestdensies

midwestdensies

I was in the store the other day and stubled upon rootamentary after being a fan of RE, I picked up a sample of sea green root to try. Just a simple basic test with rockwool and root riots.

I used ro water with 0ppm and phd at 5.5 for the rockwool and 5.8 for the riots. They were socked for a couple hours and in 4 seperate buckets. The ppms for the roots excel were 20 for 1.1 per g and 30 ppm for the rootamentary.

I then used clonex and dipped each 45 degree cutting after soaking them in ro for a short while, clipping half the leaf off as well. Then misting and putting under dome.

Strains are Deathstar and LA confidential. I also have a grow journal with some stuff going to check out if your interested.
Sea greens rootamentary vs roots excel

Sea greens rootamentary vs roots excel 2
Sea greens rootamentary vs roots excel 3
Sea greens rootamentary vs roots excel 4
Sea greens rootamentary vs roots excel 5
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Cool, are you testing which will root faster?? Also, what is the price difference between Sea Green and Roots Excel?? Because if its a significant amount and they both root clones at about the same rate, then its probably better to go with the Sea Green. Good luck on your grow brotha.

Lucky4Lyf

Lucky4Lyf

It is actaully a company called Primordial Solutions and there are TWO DIFFERENT products. Sea Green is one and Rootamentary is the other. They also have a product called True Blooms. REALLY REALLY good stuff !! I use ALL their products.

http://www.beneficialbiologics.com/ <----- that is their website... good guys over there. Their products are made for cannabis.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Cool, are you testing which will root faster?? Also, what is the price difference between Sea Green and Roots Excel?? Because if its a significant amount and they both root clones at about the same rate, then its probably better to go with the Sea Green. Good luck on your grow brotha.
It is actaully a company called Primordial Solutions and there are TWO DIFFERENT products. Sea Green is one and Rootamentary is the other. They also have a product called True Blooms. REALLY REALLY good stuff !! I use ALL their products.

http://www.beneficialbiologics.com/ <----- that is their website... good guys over there. Their products are made for cannabis.
Yes I am just testing for curiosity sake and the price for RE on a random site was $180 vs SG rootamentary for 118, both in the liter size. So a slight difference in price and both are used at around the same rate RE 1.1 ml per gallon and 1 ml per gallon on the rootamentary.

I also picked up the sea green as well to mess with. Love the ability to foliar and will see the results as i go. Thanks for the support guys. Peace MWD

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty

Sea Green was developed for strawberries I believe...but cannabis and strawberries are fairly closely related...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I was in the store the other day and stubled upon rootamentary after being a fan of RE, I picked up a sample of sea green root to try. Just a simple basic test with rockwool and root riots.

I used ro water with 0ppm and phd at 5.5 for the rockwool and 5.8 for the riots. They were socked for a couple hours and in 4 seperate buckets. The ppms for the roots excel were 20 for 1.1 per g and 30 ppm for the rootamentary.

I then used clonex and dipped each 45 degree cutting after soaking them in ro for a short while, clipping half the leaf off as well. Then misting and putting under dome.

Strains are Deathstar and LA confidential. I also have a grow journal with some stuff going to check out if your interested. View attachment 254889
fwiw, these are two totally different products. The Rootamentary is a stand alone VEG food with rooting properties while the Roots Excel has no major NPK and is essentially for root production. Rootamentary has a large volume of macro nutrients and can be used all the way to early/mid flower with no other NPK sources.

symbiote420

symbiote420

Their products are packed with bennies, be careful not to open the bottles too fast after shaking homie ....it'll be like opening a soda! Plus be mindful when using SeaGreen as a foliar, it really magnifies what's added to it and can fry your leaves in excess, I find if you wash the leaves down with plain water between apps or before using insecticides you're golden! Great products!!

* I discovered this when I give my plants a foliar then 4 days later I used a weak rosemary solution after spot testing .....it fried my leaves on the plants I didn't wash down with plain water, then once more after I did the reverse with some plants I hadn't wash some Mighty Wash off of, but since that and I'vr learn how to properly use it my plants have been fine !

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Sea Green was developed for strawberries I believe...but cannabis and strawberries are fairly closely related...
Thats good to know baba because I have created quite the garden here with all the free time and new space. There's a strawberry patch that I planted a month ago along with about every other thing. May have to mess around with them.
fwiw, these are two totally different products. The Rootamentary is a stand alone VEG food with rooting properties while the Roots Excel has no major NPK and is essentially for root production. Rootamentary has a large volume of macro nutrients and can be used all the way to early/mid flower with no other NPK sources.
Yes I did know a little about them and thought they can both be used simply to root. Regardless we'll see some sort of result. Thanks for the tidbit on rootamentary for sure always good to know different things.
Their products are packed with bennies, be careful not to open the bottles too fast after shaking homie ....it'll be like opening a soda! Plus be mindful when using SeaGreen as a foliar, it really magnifies what's added to it and can fry your leaves in excess, I find if you wash the leaves down with plain water between apps or before using insecticides you're golden! Great products!!

* I discovered this when I give my plants a foliar then 4 days later I used a weak rosemary solution after spot testing .....it fried my leaves on the plants I didn't wash down with plain water, then once more after I did the reverse with some plants I hadn't wash some Mighty Wash off of, but since that and I'vr learn how to properly use it my plants have been fine !
Thanks bro on the foliar advice. I was planning on spraying a few branches on each strain to see how it reacts as a foliar in the future. May try both the primordial solution additives I have that way.

I haven't used the sea green as a feed yet either just in teas and damn that makes it frothy. Really interested to give these products a shot considering the great feedback I've seen. Peace MWD

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

update: I sprayed a few sections of the 3 mother plants I have at a very diluted ratio of .3 ml per gallon and things look great. Label says .5 ml per gallon. Happy so far. Will spray water to wash leaves off so there's no burn issue as mentioned by symbiote420.

squiggly

squiggly

Strawberries are also little assholes--so if that's the case it's probably going to be a very well tested product in terms of returns. It is really easy to quantify differences between strawberry crops according to yield/taste/etc, because these desired/expect quantities are well studied and published--so we can expect the research was being done with exceptional access to data by which to judge results. Not surprisingly research which takes this form often delivers amazing products.

The change I've seen since adding this stuff is crazy. You can blame that on my lack of ability in the past perhaps and call this stuff a crutch, but the difference has been night and day for me. Its to the point that I'm actually confused how the hell this stuff is doing what it's doing. Someday I'll be in a med state and I can get down to business doing some controlled environment side-by-sides for stuff like this.

Definitely had the same experience with foliar as symbiote--it can burn if you don't wet it down before applying something with nutes in it.

B

BudCandy420

Sea Green is simply amazing. It kicks your plants into high gear. I am no longer buying root xl, and will be using rootamentary from now on. However I really want to try some of cap's beanies. I have some True Blooms but haven't tried it yet.
Bc420

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Strawberries are also little assholes--so if that's the case it's probably going to be a very well tested product in terms of returns. It is really easy to quantify differences between strawberry crops according to yield/taste/etc, because these desired/expect quantities are well studied and published--so we can expect the research was being done with exceptional access to data by which to judge results. Not surprisingly research which takes this form often delivers amazing products.

The change I've seen since adding this stuff is crazy. You can blame that on my lack of ability in the past perhaps and call this stuff a crutch, but the difference has been night and day for me. Its to the point that I'm actually confused how the hell this stuff is doing what it's doing. Someday I'll be in a med state and I can get down to business doing some controlled environment side-by-sides for stuff like this.

Definitely had the same experience with foliar as symbiote--it can burn if you don't wet it down before applying something with nutes in it.
Thanks squiggs for your typical informative posts. Thats very interesting to know about the strawberry thing and have begun to use SG on my strawberries as well to see if they show desired results.
I myself have no idea what is in that shit either but it's making everything in my room exceptionally healthy looking and don't see discontinuing use in the future. The best part is it can be used in several applications as well.

Currently in my test with the sea green vs roots excel. It appears my LA con roots a little faster than the deathstar but of the rooted LA's it seems the sea green has a nicer fuller root structure. I will get pics upon transplant in the next couple days. MWD
Sea Green is simply amazing. It kicks your plants into high gear. I am no longer buying root xl, and will be using rootamentary from now on. However I really want to try some of cap's beanies. I have some True Blooms but haven't tried it yet.
Bc420
I agree that it's an amazing product and will be trying all the other products to test results. Caps bennies seem great but for now I'm using xtreme gardening products until I'm closer to running out but have really waited to long to order them, so I need to get off my ass and do that. Good luck on your findings. MWD

Lucky4Lyf

Lucky4Lyf

Sea Green and Roots Excellurator are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT products... dont even do the same thing. You need to be testing the Rootamentary against the Roots Execellurator. They are a similiar product for the roots. I also use their Root Bloom when I transfer. It is Endo's ONLY and No Trichoderma!! MJ doesnt use Ecto's... why buy products with them in them (Great White, White Shark, MOST of the myco products out there). Just my two coppers.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Sea Green and Roots Excellurator are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT products... dont even do the same thing. You need to be testing the Rootamentary against the Roots Execellurator. They are a similiar product for the roots. I also use their Root Bloom when I transfer. It is Endo's ONLY and No Trichoderma!! MJ doesnt use Ecto's... why buy products with them in them (Great White, White Shark, MOST of the myco products out there). Just my two coppers.
Ps thats what I am testing if you maybe read from the beginning, I was just noting Sea Green is a great product as well in addition because they are both from the same company primordial solutions. The test is ROOTAMENTARY vs ROOTS EXCEL and Im well aware what Im feeding my plants and what the products essentially are and used for. Also read the thread next time buddy. Thanks for the other info as well I was familiar but maybe you helped clear up other farmer's minds. MWD

Lucky4Lyf

Lucky4Lyf

Ps thats what I am testing if you maybe read from the beginning, I was just noting Sea Green is a great product as well in addition because they are both from the same company primordial solutions. The test is ROOTAMENTARY vs ROOTS EXCEL and Im well aware what Im feeding my plants and what the products essentially are and used for. Also read the thread next time buddy. Thanks for the other info as well I was familiar but maybe you helped clear up other farmer's minds. MWD

LMAO!! WOW man! Maybe YOU should go back and read your own thread.... or maybe not take too big of a bong hit before you post!! Ive been posting in this thread!! In fact I was the 2nd person to respond! Must not be too aware as you keep saying the wrong products and things that they do. Try reading Beneficial Boilogics (the parent company of Primordial Solutions) website and actually find out what each of the products are used for. Might help ya understand what you're talking about. Good luck in your growing ventures!! Was just trying to help you out man but I can see you know everything already... my bad.... why start the thread if you know everything already? LMAO!! You wont hear from me again.

djstiks

djstiks

LMAO!! WOW man! Maybe YOU should go back and read your own thread.... or maybe not take too big of a bong hit before you post!! Ive been posting in this thread!! In fact I was the 2nd person to respond! Must not be too aware as you keep saying the wrong products and things that they do. Try reading Beneficial Boilogics (the parent company of Primordial Solutions) website and actually find out what each of the products are used for. Might help ya understand what you're talking about. Good luck in your growing ventures!! Was just trying to help you out man but I can see you know everything already... my bad.... why start the thread if you know everything already? LMAO!! You wont hear from me again.

a great man once said... "can't we just all get along?"

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Just a simple test didnt mean to confuse people. I did re read my posts and I should have left out the word sea green and maybe that was confusing for whomever. When the company who make both products is from primordial solutions.

Then, I just wanted to add in a post above when baba and squigs mentioned SG was used on strawberries, they didn't nor did I mention if rootamentary was involved. I did want to add, which was in the posts above I really liking using SG and was going to use them on strawberries in my garden. Also I was using it in my feeds and foliars but not on the same plants.

Really the purpose was just curiosity and I documented it. Not that deep. MWD
Was well aware of your post and didn't mean to confuse you nor anyone else, it did get off topic with their other products but the test has stayed the test. I hope I cleared that up with my post above. If not ask away but no crying on my thread again with out reading every post. MWD
you should test NF Zyme it makes you're plants grow like Barry Bonds
you should buddy I know you love that veg bloom. Cant wait to give it a go for shits and gigs. MWD
a great man once said... "can't we just all get along?"
Ha. cant we all just read the thread, the whole thing. MWD

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

FWIW I re read and no confusion at all imo just confused people. MWD

Top Bottom