Sealed Grow Room Issues

• Thread starter Buddman50
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Buddman50

Buddman50

Hello my fellow growers... I'm new here and would really love your input on getting the most out my flower room.. I have a 10x10 room that is flower stage only.. I have 2 tents that are 2x4.. for veg and early stage flower... I have no issues with my tents.. I have great results in early stages.. My temps and humidity are fantastic and everything thrives in them.. I always flush and plants are as good as I can get them to get ready to enter the flower room.. now here's my issues.. the flower room is sealed.. I have read countless posts on how to make the most out of the room.. here is what I have set up in room... 2 1000w led lites.. let's just say that's what the manufacturer says .. I have had great success with them in past in non sealed room.. I run co2 tank..20lb.. i keep ppm at 1200..off at nite.. I run dehumidifier at 55 rh.. day and nite... run the a.c. unit at 80 degrees in day.. at nite it gets down to 75 degrees..even lower by few degrees in winter.. I have nice can with 8in fan that cycles the air inside room... I usually have 8 to 10 plants in room.. 3gallon pots.. with ffof soil and good drainage in pots.. now I have read so much information on what guys do in their rooms that it has become mind boggling to me.. some guys vent at low fan speed.. some guys run temps very high.. 85 and higher.. seems risky man.. I'm not getting the max out of room.. last harvest from 5 plants was only 7oz... can someone tell me.. from their own experience and how they have their flower room set up.. temps and humidity levels.. co2 use and level.. watering schedule.. air flow.. nute schedule.. etc.. I have invested so much time in my craft at growing and want to be successfull with it in future.. I have faith in you guys that get 3oz a plant.. My a.c. and dehumidifier are vented out with 6in fan.. so no issues with the heat they can produce.. I'm just at a loss.. and would love to just set the room where it's simple and produce high quality bud and quantity.. thanks guys..

Monster762

Monster762

If they are panels like purple those 2000w are probably good for a 4x4 area in flower. Side by side
My 1200 only has solid footprint over 2x3 so I run a 600 beside it on that side for 4x3 area covered.
A 10x10 needs more light. And unseal the room. Let air in scrap co2. I think co2 demand is higher with higher light levels which it sounds like you don’t have
Even 2000w hps wouldn’t max a 10x10. Which is what the led equivalent supposedly compares to.
Pics help too. Im no pro though

Buddman50

Buddman50

Thanks for reply man... I just took out my 1000w hps lite.. due to high electricity use.. I was running it and 1 led that uses 330w .. so I'm in experimental mode with the sealed room at this time.. My goal with that set up was to get 2 to 2 1/2 oz per plant... but reading up on the sealed room made me feel I'm not maximizing my room.. so with 2 led's... and they both are full spectrum .. 15in from tops.. and co2 at 1200ppm I feel would be a good run.. but u mite be rite on this... if I run the 1000w ups along with both leds.. would that create the intense lite needed to benefit running co2.. it just runs the electric bill high.. but I need to do what I got to do to make my flower room a smooth running room .. uhh.. lol

Dbear180

Dbear180

You only got 7oz from a 1000 hps? Or 7oz from your leds?

Buddman50

Buddman50

You only got 7oz from a 1000 hps? Or 7oz from your leds?
The leds... wanting to stay with leds if i can.. seems i need 2 more to get what i need to maximize my room more.. im relitivy new on the leds.. i think i will just put back in the hps and run both leds.. just uses so much electricity.. along with an a.c. and dehumidifier running.. fans.. etc.. it sure adds up..

H

heisen

I was having phantom issues in my sealed room,started doing an air exchange 4 times a day and plants started to jump.
I see your using blurple lights so I doubt you would see any difference until you switch to a better led.cobs or quantum boards.
My flower room is basically like yours with a mini split all sealed up.ill pull around 5 to 6 lbs on the left 4x10 and around 3 on the right
20180527 004616

Buddman50

Buddman50

I was having phantom issues in my sealed room,started doing an air exchange 4 times a day and plants started to jump.
I see your using blurple lights so I doubt you would see any difference until you switch to a better led.cobs or quantum boards.
My flower room is basically like yours with a mini split all sealed up.ill pull around 5 to 6 lbs on the left 4x10 and around 3 on the right
View attachment 803098
Sweet setup... what lights are you running.. until I can invest in better leds.. I'm going to run my 1k hps along with the 2 leds.. run day temps around 79 and 75 at nite.. what RH do you keep the room at... day and nite....

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

7oz from 5 plants? Yikes, that's horrible. I'm a sealed room grower. Take a peak at the many flower threads I have posted. I have specific details posted. Even in 3g pots, you should net dry at least 1oz per gal minimum.

I never ever ever bring in fresh air. Ever. Sealed means that, sealed.

H

heisen

7oz from 5 plants? Yikes, that's horrible. I'm a sealed room grower. Take a peak at the many flower threads I have posted. I have specific details posted. Even in 3g pots, you should net dry at least 1oz per gal minimum.

Wish I could have said the same,,i was having weird issues in the beginning and did extensive research and it all pointed back to off gassing issues,the building was built to be completely sealed up and had 0 air leaks.weird drooping plants etc,plant roots need oxygen and it has to come in from somewhere unless there is an oxygen generator somewhere.air exchange 4 times a day for 5 minutes at a time immediately fixed my issues.

I've ran "sealed" setups before but always had small air leaks no matter what.this room had absolutely no air leaks and I was having crazy issues that had me going in circles on plants that I've never had problems with before.everything else was perfect so I only had one thing to point at and that was environmental.

Buddman50

Buddman50

thanks man... i admit.. im struggling with the sealed room... i need to get it rite.. i see so much success with others and want to get it together.. asap.. im close.. heres what i am useing... and have at this time.... 1k hps... 2 leds that equal out to 1k each.. they do work great and have had success with them in the 2x4 tents.. 1 nice a.c. portable unit.. exhaust out heat with 6in fan.. 1. dehumidifer.. 1can with 8in fan to clean the air in room.. 2 fans to blow air.. co2 tank.. set at 1200ppm.. now my plan as of now is to run all 3 lites.. i usualy run 6 to 10 plants in 3 gallon pots with soil.. i set the temp for day at 82.. and 77 at nite.. RH is set at 60.. ph is 6.5 and run off is usually 6.2 give or take.. nuts are ff.. and i usualy dont go heavy on them... my main struggles are around weeks 4 and 5 of flower.. i just cant dial it in on a regular basis... i flush.. i watch my plants just idol and not much growth in that period.. then i start playin around with shit i probly shouldnt do.. but u feel somthin has to be off... uhh.. on and on.. dont get me wrong.. i do end up with nice harvest.. buds are nice.. plump.. but my yeilds are hurting... i need a nice flower cycle schedule for all 8 to9 weeks for a sealed room.. one i can follow step by step.. and have success with it from harvest to harvest... thanks for your help mam..

Buddman50

Buddman50

A good read,my sealed room has no windows,sealed light sockets and exterior door on the interior with double weather strip,mini split etc.
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community...es-leaf-necrosis-offgassing-outgassing.45767/
thanks so much for your input on this... my room is quite like yours.. not quite 10 x10 .. more like 8x8 .. all is sealed.. exterior door is not 100% sealed at bottom opening.. but works.. im going to open up a small exhaust opening with fan on low.. run it 5 times a day for 5 min.. see if it helps... i can always seal back up if needed.. do you happen to have a schedule to show me exactly your full flower cycle.. week to week.. that may help me get on board and get these ladies thriving... i feel like a beginner for god sakes... but im just missing something here... thanks again to everyones input...

H

heisen

I doubt you need air exchange unless your 100 percent sealed,If your using central air with ducting,portable ac or you have air leaks under door i dont thing you need to exchange any air.

Buddman50

Buddman50

I doubt you need air exchange unless your 100 percent sealed,If your using central air with ducting,portable ac or you have air leaks under door i dont thing you need to exchange any air.
ok.. got it.. whats your temps and rh set at... maybe i can set mine close to yours..

Buddman50

Buddman50

ok.. got it.. whats your temps and rh set at... maybe i can set mine close to yours..
my strains at this time are cheese at 6weeks... and LA confidential at 3 weeks... its just gotta be somthin in the enviroment level thats happening...

H

heisen

I think your issues might be other related,Maybe weak lights,bad feeding schedules.MAybe set your Co2 levels to normal atmosphere levels till you can get a good grow dialed in,Sometimes high co2 will hurt plants that dont have the lights or feed schedule dialed in to meet the high demand that elevated co2 levels will put on them.

sixstring

sixstring

1 gram per watt is decent for those lights.actual power draw from the wall not what they claim to replace.for co2 to be of much help you need your room temps to be 84f to 88f, at 80,82f you might as well shut down co2 and just use venting,natural air and co2 levels.

Buddman50

Buddman50

1 gram per watt is decent for those lights.actual power draw from the wall not what they claim to replace.for co2 to be of much help you need your room temps to be 84f to 88f, at 80,82f you might as well shut down co2 and just use venting,natural air and co2 levels.
thanks gentlemen for all your feedback... and i think im going to do just that... until i can understand more on this sealed room technology.. i will make due with what i do know with my regular set up... you guys know your shit for sure... im still learning all the time..

DGP

DGP

There are so many variables that can affect your yield. My guess is it is way more than the rooms seal. I have been growing for over 3 years (not that long) and it took a lot to surpass a gram a watt. You might need to consider not only tighter environmental controls but also doing some strain sorting. Journal everything you do each day along with the exact environmental conditions, ppm, ph and so on. I have to sort out my phenos from a given strain and then work hard for several cycles to prove I had selected the right genetic phenotype. It takes time, sometimes someone gets the right pheno right out of the shute but that's not typical. Strain and pheno sorting are super important. without careful selection your chances are hit and miss.

Are you going from seed or clone? Soil or Hydro?

Dee

Buddman50

Buddman50

There are so many variables that can affect your yield. My guess is it is way more than the rooms seal. I have been growing for over 3 years (not that long) and it took a lot to surpass a gram a watt. You might need to consider not only tighter environmental controls but also doing some strain sorting. Journal everything you do each day along with the exact environmental conditions, ppm, ph and so on. I have to sort out my phenos from a given strain and then work hard for several cycles to prove I had selected the right genetic phenotype. It takes time, sometimes someone gets the right pheno right out of the shute but that's not typical. Strain and pheno sorting are super important. without careful selection your chances are hit and miss.

Are you going from seed or clone? Soil or Hydro?

Dee
Im in soil .. and I do both.. seed and clones when I come across a strain I like well.. I like growing a variety through out the year.. and yes.. diffrent strains can cause issues for sure.. learned the hard way on that ... for now.. I' m back to my original set up and plants seem to be on track..when this batch is done.. I will make some changes in lighting .. a.c and RH are running a nice 79 degrees and 58%rh.. turned co2 off at this time and all is looking good.. once I can dial in sealed environment.. and better lighting for my space.. I will venture back to sealed room.. alot of good information on this issue from all who responded man... thanks guys...

Latest posts

Top Bottom