Sealed Room Vent

• Thread starter HelloPower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HelloPower

Hello everybody, this is my first post here, I was only reading here a lot. Thanks to this community for this many threads and helping each other! It was really helpful to me so far.

I have a few grows under my belt all in tents. I want to expand to a bigger room, no tent anymore. The room I am planning to use is about 20qm.

The last weeks I read a lot about sealed rooms with co2 enrichment. I really want to give it a try. I am able to use ac, dehumidifier and humidifier. I think I know a little bit what I have to do but I stuck on this:

Do you vent a sealed room sometimes? I read so many different opinions regarding this topic. I read people never vent, people vent for example 15 min every three hours, people vent only in the night. People vent at very low 24/7 (thread from a member here named Judaz or so)

If I understand right, if you use a burner you have to vent because of bad gas. If you use a tank you don’t need. Is this right?

I am very thankful for every opinion/advice on this topic.

My English is not the best, If you need any clarification on my questions please just ask.

Thanks everybody and have a good time!

G gnome

G gnome

Hello everybody, this is my first post here, I was only reading here a lot. Thanks to this community for this many threads and helping each other! It was really helpful to me so far.

I have a few grows under my belt all in tents. I want to expand to a bigger room, no tent anymore. The room I am planning to use is about 20qm.

The last weeks I read a lot about sealed rooms with co2 enrichment. I really want to give it a try. I am able to use ac, dehumidifier and humidifier. I think I know a little bit what I have to do but I stuck on this:

Do you vent a sealed room sometimes? I read so many different opinions regarding this topic. I read people never vent, people vent for example 15 min every three hours, people vent only in the night. People vent at very low 24/7 (thread from a member here named Judaz or so)

If I understand right, if you use a burner you have to vent because of bad gas. If you use a tank you don’t need. Is this right?

I am very thankful for every opinion/advice on this topic.

My English is not the best, If you need any clarification on my questions please just ask.

Thanks everybody and have a good time!

Sorry i didnt get back to u when u messaged me. I use burners and dont vent and i dont have any issues but if u wanna error on the side of caution u can vent periodically. I suggest venting once b4 lights on , once in the middle of the light cycle and again at lights out. In order to figure out how long to vent for u need to figure out how long it takes to exchange ur air based on the fans cfm (cubic feet per minute). Then calculate the size of ur grow rm and that will tell ya how many minutes to vent for.

One thing to consider is the operating costs of bottled co2 vs a co2 generator. Generators r much less expensive in regards to cost of operation but add heat.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
No venting with a tank. Never used a burner. But I would imagine it would need venting.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Im playing around w adding some exaust just to see if i can improve on any level
I’m not familiar with co2 burners, how do they work? Is it more cost effective then my tank system?

G gnome

G gnome

I’m not familiar with co2 burners, how do they work? Is it more cost effective then my tank system?
Oh fuck man!!!! 10x more efficient!!!
I have 6k in a 24x24 rm and i spend $10 a month to keep my co2 at 1500ppm

G gnome

G gnome

Co2 generator burns either propane or natural gas and is plugged into an atmospheric controller. Simple

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Oh fuck man!!!! 10x more efficient!!!
I have 6k in a 24x24 rm and i spend $10 a month to keep my co2 at 1500ppm
Fuck, back to the drawing board. $55 bucks a 50# tank. I go through 1 a month.

G gnome

G gnome

Fuck, back to the drawing board. $55 bucks a 50# tank. I go through 1 a month.
Theres a lil more cost involved on ny end w the added cooling and difficult to calculate exactly how much but i think its a negligible amount. My co2 generator only turns on seldomly.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
Theres a lil more cost involved on ny end w the added cooling and difficult to calculate exactly how much but i think its a negligible amount. My co2 generator only turns on seldomly.
I’m still scratching out my new build. I’m definitely going to change up to a burner. How much cooling you outing in 24x24. I’m thinking about the same size flower room.

H

HelloPower

Wow, thanks for the fast response! I think i will use the Tanks. I rather pay a little bit more on the co2 then having offgasing problems or what this is called.

If I seal my room properly and install an carbon filter with exhaust and an HEPA Filter how can I prevent this from leaking air if the exhaust fan is not running?

What do you guys think about this very very low venting 24/7? If I remember the thread on thcfarmer right, this guy vetted his room on 3% of his Fan capacity 24/7.

G gnome

G gnome

Wow, thanks for the fast response! I think i will use the Tanks. I rather pay a little bit more on the co2 then having offgasing problems or what this is called.

If I seal my room properly and install an carbon filter with exhaust and an HEPA Filter how can I prevent this from leaking air if the exhaust fan is not running?

What do you guys think about this very very low venting 24/7? If I remember the thread on thcfarmer right, this guy vetted his room on 3% of his Fan capacity 24/7.
Its gonna cost u a fortune in bottled gas if ur always venting. If i were usin bottled co2 i wudnt vent at all but if u insist on it then only do it during the dark cycle when ur not using co2

G gnome

G gnome

I’m still scratching out my new build. I’m definitely going to change up to a burner. How much cooling you outing in 24x24. I’m thinking about the same size flower room.
Im only usin a 24k btu ac but i live in a cooler environment. Very rare reaches 90f here. Only 1 day this summer and high today is 33f. Fwiw i run ny lights during the day too

G gnome

G gnome

6k btu per 1kw of de w co2 burner will be plenty for u

H

HelloPower

So is There a better way?
Generator with venting once on the light Cycle and always at Night compared to a bottle with no venting at all?

H

HelloPower

All right. For the new room I will try to seal it the best I can but also install an exhaust fan and maybe an intake fan. Just in case i see this phantom problems some growers talked about.

Top Bottom