Second Grow / Chocolate Frosted Sherbert / Purple Frosting

• Thread starter min0r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
min0r

min0r

hey guys, hope you're all having a fantastic day.
just starting up on my second grow, this time around i bought quality seeds though.
the strains i'm gonna be growing are Purple frosting, and Chocolate frosted sherbert.
here's how they were made.
Purple Frosting is a cross between Purple punch x Chocolate frosting
Chocolate frosted sherbert is a cross between Sunset Sherbert x Chocolate frosting.
Chocolate frosting is a cross between NorCal Dos-Si-Dos x Mint Chocolate Chip.
bred together by Honest Genetics
let's get with the details about my grow really quick here.
i'm in a 4x2 tent
i'm running 1x viparspectra 300w and 1x viparspectra 600w (only 600w for seedling).
I'm using FFOF soil, amended with gypsum.
I'm also using fox farm nutrients.
i've already germed & planted 3/4 seeds, no cotyledon(s) yet. i used the paper towel method to germinate. we're starting off in a 1 gallon pot, then going up to 5 gallon before flower.
i'd love to hear thoughts & opinions that you may have, so feel free to reply below.
pictures soon to come.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Are all the genetics by Honest Genetics? Just curious is why I ask. Sounds like some decent strains. Will be interested to see how they turn out. Is this your first grow with those strains?

min0r

min0r

Are all the genetics by Honest Genetics? Just curious is why I ask. Sounds like some decent strains. Will be interested to see how they turn out. Is this your first grow with those strains?
the mint choc. chip was bred by exotix genetics, honest just blended them together i believe(dosidosxmintchoc.chip). this will be my first grow with these strains, they were only released publicly less than a month or two ago.

min0r

min0r

seed 1 popped -
Image0

seed 2 -
Image1

purple frosting is going strong in germ, gonna let her germ for a long time, just to see if this way is more effective. pics will follow tomorrow

min0r

min0r

1st seedling is off to a great start, i haven't watered any of these plants once yet. waiting for them to show me they want to be watered, before i water them. this plant is starting to get rid of it's cotyledon, which is normal, as it has it's 3 sets of leaves to work on. pics follow below -
seedling #2 is also doing great, only has some wind burn which i feel like is making it grow a little slower. there hasnt been anymore progressive windburn on the new growth/growth that hasn't been hit by wind, so we're good. she's also a little bit droopy, maybe from the wind, or she may just want a water. we'll see in a day. pics follow.
Image1
seedling #3 is doing amazing, no problems at all yet.
Image2
overall off to a great start, we already have some pretty thick stalks for the age the plants are. can't wait to see what the future brings

min0r

min0r

LST is going good on #1 and #3, both showing nodes already, while my other baby(#2) that i didn't lst is still catching up slowly, but surely.
#1 - i've had to get her stem straightened out, because she was all over the place before so i simply let her to towards the sun for a but, without the restraints on her. that worked, continueing lst today. you can see the first set of her nodes are starting to form, slower then #3's nodes, as they've gotten more light, since i didnt have to fix her. she'll be ready to get topped in about a week or so from now. pics follow
#2 - no lst on this plant, she's having some problems with her bottom set of single fan leaves, i think wet soil hit her while i was watering her the other day. we have plenty other healthy nodes to work with though, so we should be okay, i'm not gonna stress it too much. if you know what this is, feel free to comment. other then that, she's going just as strong as the rest of my babies. just has some catching up to do with her nodes.
Unnamed
#3 - I've been favoring this one over all my plants, she's just doing better then all of them, from her node structure, to growth rate. we've got some nice nodes popping out already on her, gonna top her sonner then the rest of the plants. she's lookiung to get rid of the cotyledon, as well. pics follow.
Unnamed 3
any questions, feel free to post them below :)

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

wen u water the seedlings don't soak all that soil.just water a few inches around it and each time u water make the ring a bit wider.your wanting the roots to chase the moisture.

min0r

min0r

wen u water the seedlings don't soak all that soil.just water a few inches around it and each time u water make the ring a bit wider.your wanting the roots to chase the moisture.
i'll try this out next time i have to water, thank you.

min0r

min0r

hope everyones day is going fine. just a little update on the garden. i topped the rest of my plants, as well as haulted lst for now, while i get a scrog net and prepare my plants for that. gonna start of with seedling #1, as always.
#1 - we have some REALLY nice node structures, i believe atleast. my top 2 nodes are nice and close up to eachother, making them both act like main nodes, from what i can tell. i have great energy going into both of them, but the bottom node is falling behind a bit, especially the single fan leaf. we're gonna have to start nutes on her pretty soon,(starting to become deficient in N) if i'm going to it's gonna be a very light dose, and i'm gonna do a somewhat heavy water once dried up after. pics follow.

#2 - last time we had some problems with #2, fortunately enough it came to a stop once my soil dried up a bit. after that stopped, i topped her (on 9/21), i'm hoping that we can still get a node out of that single fan leaf i have at the bottom of this plant, but it's not looking too promising, if i'm being honest. but the 2 nodes that will produce from the top look to be promising, due to the amount of energy that can be sucked in from the fan leaves. (5 fingers, 3 fingers) so we're looking good on #2, still. no major problems. pics follow.
Unnamed 2

#3 - last time i said this was my favorite plant, but turns it i got #1 and #3 mixed up, so it's #1 that's my favorite (woops) the growth on this plant seems to be significantly slower, due to the shitty lst job i did previously (never doing that again this early..) there's not much to #3, she hasn't popped out any nodes, but is getting there, i only topped her yesterday (9/21) so i can't expect too much, like how the growth is on #1. pics follow.
Unnamed 2

Purple frosting!
i tried to pop one of these seeds along with my chocolate frosted sherbert, but i tried a new method of germination, and it didnt go over well, so i restarted a few days ago, and i just planted today. pics follow.
Unnamed

min0r

min0r

i had to cut the plants today guys. sorry. i'll be back in a few months.

min0r

min0r

hey guys. started up a new grow around november, forgot to post about it. same strains. just DWC.
Choc frosted sherb -
DSC 0030

purple frosting -
DSC 0060

Top Bottom