Second Grow!

• Thread starter Bo Yo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bo Yo

Bo Yo

okay so looking to do a second grow and i know a bunch of you will just tell me to search for my answers. Well tbh some of this stuff is just confusing for someone that just grew up growing tomatos and bell peppers lol, but looking to do an indoor grow, got some seeds from james beanz company what set up is best for highest yields? My first grow was a trial and error type deal alot of things that could go wrong did go wrong with my plants now that i got ph level and defencicys kind of under control what type of soil is best ? What light is best all around just need help and cant seem to wrap my head around it all lol i need a set plan thanks! Lol

MW7945

MW7945

This is a pretty vague question honestly. What did you do for your first grow?

How many plants? Size of tent/room? Price point?

Bo Yo

Bo Yo

This is a pretty vague question honestly. What did you do for your first grow?

How many plants? Size of tent/room? Price point?
Yeah i know lol first grow i had six plants start from seed and started inside and moved outside and done okay. But over wintwr looking to do an idoor grow. I wanna grow around 10 plants indoor in soil not hydro or anything my budgets around 500 to build or buy it all if that is possible if not i can spend a little more just want a good plan. Thanks!!

Dunge

Dunge

I hear you brother.
Only I went the other way round.
I learned how to grow weed from this forum, then took on tomatoes and peppers.
And years ago I decided to go the organic super soil route.
Check out the signature link.
I love this formula, and want others to try it.
Six bags of available product and one of a thousand problems solved.

Monster762

Monster762

Yeah i know lol first grow i had six plants start from seed and started inside and moved outside and done okay. But over wintwr looking to do an idoor grow. I wanna grow around 10 plants indoor in soil not hydro or anything my budgets around 500 to build or buy it all if that is possible if not i can spend a little more just want a good plan. Thanks!!
$500 budget get 4 ft 8 bulb t5 lights. Amazon $125. Get extra 5 pack of 3000k bulbs. You'll need in flower. Do you have a room? For 10 plants I suggest at least 5x10. Anything smaller you'll just be wasting seeds. You can make 1 plant fill a 4x4. Either by letting go wild or you can train it so you have a level canopy. Trying to run 10 plants on budget gonna be tuff. Unless your ok with little plants. Seeds are like gold use the least amount you can n max their potential.
I'm kinda new but I did the $500 set up n people blasted me but now I've harvested first run n no blasting now. I still haven't weighed in but the gram per actual watt it's gonna be close if I don't pass it. Budget grows can be done. Post room size details.

Bo Yo

Bo Yo

$500 budget get 4 ft 8 bulb t5 lights. Amazon $125. Get extra 5 pack of 3000k bulbs. You'll need in flower. Do you have a room? For 10 plants I suggest at least 5x10. Anything smaller you'll just be wasting seeds. You can make 1 plant fill a 4x4. Either by letting go wild or you can train it so you have a level canopy. Trying to run 10 plants on budget gonna be tuff. Unless your ok with little plants. Seeds are like gold use the least amount you can n max their potential.
I'm kinda new but I did the $500 set up n people blasted me but now I've harvested first run n no blasting now. I still haven't weighed in but the gram per actual watt it's gonna be close if I don't pass it. Budget grows can be done. Post room size details.
Thanks! I have a bedroom thats bigger than 5x 10. But id like to set it up in the closet of that room which is still a 5 x8 or so.

Monster762

Monster762

Thanks! I have a bedroom thats bigger than 5x 10. But id like to set it up in the closet of that room which is still a 5 x8 or so.
Yeah 5x8 I'd run t5s and get leds to put outside of the t5s. Angle slightly inward. Just use t5s for veg n add leds at flower. Or you can run both through the whole grow. I'm about to set a 5x10 moving out of the 4x4. Im gonna run 4 ft 8 bulb t5 long ways n put a 300 w led on each end of the t5. T5s work pretty good but penetration is issue once you have lot of leaves the 3000k bulbs give better spectrum for flower. I staggered 1 6500k 1 3000k

Bo Yo

Bo Yo

Yeah 5x8 I'd run t5s and get leds to put outside of the t5s. Angle slightly inward. Just use t5s for veg n add leds at flower. Or you can run both through the whole grow. I'm about to set a 5x10 moving out of the 4x4. Im gonna run 4 ft 8 bulb t5 long ways n put a 300 w led on each end of the t5. T5s work pretty good but penetration is issue once you have lot of leaves the 3000k bulbs give better spectrum for flower. I staggered 1 6500k 1 3000k
Sounds good i will prolly order a t5 and i have some leds at the house already that i will add along. Now is it a problem if i didnt use a grow tent. Just the closet and maybe put some mylar on the walls or is there a way more advantage to having a grow tent, ?

Monster762

Monster762

Sounds good i will prolly order a t5 and i have some leds at the house already that i will add along. Now is it a problem if i didnt use a grow tent. Just the closet and maybe put some mylar on the walls or is there a way more advantage to having a grow tent, ?
Nope no problem st all you have a door in closet? Cause you will need to be able to block all light during dark periods.

Monster762

Monster762

I ran a closet. That didn't have a door. I painted walls bright white. I used flat paint but for cleaning ease I'd use a semi gloss. Walls can be wiped down easy that way. Just make sure you clean the closet real good before setting up. Bleach and soapy water wipe walls n all. Then spray edges of floor with bug killer. Preferably one that lasts a few months. I used orotho home defense. My closet. And I only had a 4x4 so I used 2 t5s. 2 ft 4 bulb. 1 4 ft 8 bulb is twice the light I had. I put cheap 600w led in the middle. Keeping clean is key and airflow you will need to hook up an exhaust fan you can get inline duct fan for like $25 amazon I used moth balls to filter instead of carbon my whole setup cost me under 500 counting the soil my nutes drywall to make a false wall cause had no door everything
IMG 0432
IMG 0697

BudBogart

BudBogart

Ho
okay so looking to do a second grow and i know a bunch of you will just tell me to search for my answers. Well tbh some of this stuff is just confusing for someone that just grew up growing tomatos and bell peppers lol, but looking to do an indoor grow, got some seeds from james beanz company what set up is best for highest yields? My first grow was a trial and error type deal alot of things that could go wrong did go wrong with my plants now that i got ph level and defencicys kind of under control what type of soil is best ? What light is best all around just need help and cant seem to wrap my head around it all lol i need a set plan thanks! Lol

Is smell going to become an issue as they mature? A closet can make an entire house smell.

Monster762

Monster762

I ran inline duct right out the window beside the a/c if airflow is right no smell lingers at all it all goes straight out. As approaching flower take a $2 paint strainer bag and put a box of dollar store moth balls in it. Put it in the duct right near the window where it exits house. Smell problem solved.

Monster762

Monster762

I ran inline duct right out the window beside the a/c if airflow is right no smell lingers at all it all goes straight out. As approaching flower take a $2 paint strainer bag and put a box of dollar store moth balls in it. Put it in the duct right near the window where it exits house. Smell problem solved.
Do the math on cubic feet of the room. As long as your fan moves enough air to match that number over 3 minutes your good. So if you have 200cfm fan on sealed room your room can be up to 600 cubic feet.

Bo Yo

Bo Yo

Do the math on cubic feet of the room. As long as your fan moves enough air to match that number over 3 minutes your good. So if you have 200cfm fan on sealed room your room can be up to 600 cubic feet.
But yeah i was gonna ask about the airflow if its really needed or if a oscillating fan with the door cracked would be fine ..

BudBogart

BudBogart

But yeah i was gonna ask about the airflow if its really needed or if a oscillating fan with the door cracked would be fine ..
I'm not an inside guy but I'm pretty sure without a sealed room blowing air thru a crack will be fine, as long as adequate flow and kept off direct blowing. I do that on my seedling room.

Bo Yo

Bo Yo

I'm not an inside guy but I'm pretty sure without a sealed room blowing air thru a crack will be fine, as long as adequate flow and kept off direct blowing. I do that on my seedling room.
10/4. Yeah i started late on my outdoor grow around may. Kept inside till they was about 4 weeks old andthen put out and i think they went straight into flower because i had them 24/7 light inside. They are not gonna give me much but i guess for a first grow and not knowing shit or doing any research its alright

Bo Yo

Bo Yo

10/4. Yeah i started late on my outdoor grow around may. Kept inside till they was about 4 weeks old andthen put out and i think they went straight into flower because i had them 24/7 light inside. They are not gonna give me much but i guess for a first grow and not knowing shit or doing any research its alright

IMG 0572
Monster762

Monster762

You got a whole still.

What you feeding them?

You still got time to beef em up some.

How long they been outside?

Monster762

Monster762

And yes you need flow of fresh air. Plus cracking door in flower will be a light leak and can cause other problems.

Top Bottom