Second Time Around

• Thread starter crimsonecho
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
How about the par value at the bud? Would be cool to see what wavelength is causing the foxtailing??
Dont know the par value but these leds are pretty basic 80-90cri diodes with a normal 3000K kelvin value. I will look to find out the datasheet and post the relative spectral output chart.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Looking good, but I'm a bit worried that you don't have any support what so ever... next run get some stakes or preferably trellis on before they start creating resin, or better yet, set a net up and let them grow into it and develop a perfect canopy :)
Yeah, i am kind of a hands on person and a net would make it impossible for me to reach the backs. I thought about it tho. Havent really made up my mind yet.
I usually supercrop the bigger colas at the bottom so that they will develop a scar tissue wlth a thick callus and it seems like it has been working so far. Tho stakes couldnt hurt either i guess :)

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Ok people, how are you? :)

I just took down the Nls and hung them up, untrimmed. Maybe in a couple of days i will trim them.

Just as i was afraid yield and quality is sub-par on this one. It is pretty clear that this plant likes a heavy feeding, i should either supplement with liquid fertilizers or should ammend my soil more heavily with Nl.

Results are not scientific but based on my experience giving molasses thru the lifecycle, 1-2 tsp per litre, every watering, makes plants frostier. This was the same cut i used in my prior grow and it was much much more frostier.

Also, again not scientific, but conclusive enough for me. Feeding molasses as suggested seems to help with terpenes and terpenoids. I am definitely seeing less trics and smelling less cannabis.

I am thinking maybe i pulled them a little early. But it has been 58 days since it began flowering (actually 63 but preflowers were a little late on this one). I pulled the prior grow at 60. It is a 45-50 days plant according to the breeder. So i don’t think it is early. Plus sugar leaves were getting mostly amber. And trics on calyxes are cloudy, especially of the upper buds.

The only difference besides molasses is the spectrum of the grow lights. As @Jack og you suggested in a different thread maybe shorter and bushier plants produce more terpenes. These were vegged under 3000K and flowered under the same lights and they were really elongated. I can definitely feel a difference there.

In my prior grow i was using blurples and the plants were bushier. Contrary to popular belief, after this grow with 3000K, i can suggest using quality blurples. They grow good plants.

Also i split the stem of one of the Nls, but it was just before giving 2 days dark period as i was worried about unnecessary stress resulting in bananas. No visible difference between two. But is not conclusive, not even for me :)

I also split the stem of one of the dinachems and they will be going a week more, so the results from those will be more scientific probably.

I can see clearly dinachem is doing way better than the first grow. It is actually doing much much better than the Nl this time. They look fat and covered with trics, terpene production seems good. Nice fade setting in. This has probably a week to 10 days until it is ready, so it will probably get a bit more fatter.

Will do a weigh in after they dry and post some pics after the trim. I don’t think i will get a very shitty yield. Probably 4-5 oz from two Nls, of course i don’t know how tight are those nugs right now, don’t like squeezing the buds. But this is my prediction. Although the quality has suffered in my opinion, will post about quality after the taste test.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Did a taste test on Nl. There was a fluffy bud i took a couple of days ago. The taste is not terrible. Smoke is incredibly smooth actually. High is cerebral but not panicky. Trics were mostly clear on this one. But the real test is when the top and middle buds dry and cure for a bit.

P

Pass2TheLeft

Crimson have you ever tryied shooting powder or tops shooter for the last 3 weeks? I use it bro and it works amazing if your plants are healthy enough to handle it ive seen gains of 25 to 30% in final yields

P

Pass2TheLeft

And if you want to reduce stretch use a anti gibrellin during the stretch when you flip im going to say pgrs bro most food produced these days uses it and it works lol

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Crimson have you ever tryied shooting powder or tops shooter for the last 3 weeks? I use it bro and it works amazing if your plants are healthy enough to handle it ive seen gains of 25 to 30% in final yields
What would be the effect on micro heard? I heard people using shooting powder but i am an organic grower. This is medicine for me above anyhting else. What does it provide? Micro-macro nuteswise?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
And if you want to reduce stretch use a anti gibrellin during the stretch when you flip im going to say pgrs bro most food produced these days uses it and it works lol
I am putting together a new light with a higher K degree so i can stop the stretch. Next run should be more compact and tight but if not i may need to look for other ways to keep the stretch down :) maybe scrog? Or something organic maybe..

P

Pass2TheLeft

What would be the effect on micro heard? I heard people using shooting powder but i am an organic grower. This is medicine for me above anyhting else. What does it provide? Micro-macro nuteswise?
It forces the plant to keep flowering bro and it only works if your plants are healthy as far as im aware it doesnt affect benifical bacteria because i use those aswell and carbo load with mollases

P

Pass2TheLeft

I am putting together a new light with a higher K degree so i can stop the stretch. Next run should be more compact and tight but if not i may need to look for other ways to keep the stretch down :) maybe scrog? Or something organic maybe..
Im unsure weather organic is better or not most products have a withholding period anyway and I thought organic was more to do with sprays etc that are used to control insects

P

Pass2TheLeft

For example do you eat flour based products?? Most grain produced in the world today uses pgr's and its not labeled on any products even organic so chances are you eat lots of food that has a direct link to it

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Im unsure weather organic is better or not most products have a withholding period anyway and I thought organic was more to do with sprays etc that are used to control insects
Dude i am sure organic is better. There has been studies that show there are no links between cancer and organic eating, but again chemical farming is a big big industry, backed up by incredible amounts of money. Organic farming is also about fertilizers and soil toxicity levels also about the traffic and industrial air and water pollution in the designated organic farmland etc.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
For example do you eat flour based products?? Most grain produced in the world today uses pgr's and its not labeled on any products even organic so chances are you eat lots of food that has a direct link to it
I have no doubt i am getting some shit in me. After all it is an industry and the main drive between all industries is making money. But still i wouldnt want to get it in me willingly. I will look into it tho. If organic flour has it than i can use it on my plants after a little research on the specific function and possible side effects.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
It forces the plant to keep flowering bro and it only works if your plants are healthy as far as im aware it doesnt affect benifical bacteria because i use those aswell and carbo load with mollases
Will look into it, maybe i can find an organic replacement. It is mostly potassium as i can see in 3 forms sulphate, carbonate, phosphate. Do you see foxtailing with this?

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
2B97B8A7 8250 4EED BA49 93D91816C323
77390E5E E753 4320 9062 9598351B40F9
774375D6 6CA8 4164 8F5B A853DE6AB443

Last week for dinachem.
I will take them down in a week or so probably. Seems like they have good amount of white pistils on them and almost all of the trichomes are cloudy. But i can see they are getting fatter by day.
Everything i loved about the Nl prior run, i am getting them with dinachem this time. Hard nugs, beautiful aroma, great resin. A good weed all around. It was already kinda dank first time. It was a good idea to grow these again.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Aldo dropped 2 more blueberrys into water.
I thought since i will be chucking pollen and stuff why not grow all and see if there is keeper in the bunch.
Now the next grow will be 3 PAKs and 3 Blueberries. There are 2, that are oldest (1 PAK, 1 Blueberry). 2 younger (2 PAKs) and 2 youngest (2 Blueberries just dropped to paper towel).
Since there will be height difference and i am limited on space, i will keep it small and use 1 and 2 gallon pots. Transplant and flip is what i am planning on doing.
Pak #1 - oldest is topped and will be manifolded
Blueberry #1 - oldest is topped and then i broke one of the mains, glued together using beeswax. Ten broke the other branch :) Beeswaxed part survived the other died :) also it is showing some trifoliate features but it is different.
Started with 2 - 2 - topped.
Then seems like alternating node, only growth tip on one side.
Then two growth tips from the same side, like siamese.
Then 3 growth tips on the same node.
Seems like its a real freak :) will see if it turns out fine.
Also when i rub the stem i am getting a good scent i dont get from any other plant in my grow room. Could be good.
Too early to report on the others.

Last edited:
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Well Dinachem is a 60-70 day according to the breeder. Usually Dinafems flowering time was close to being perfect in the past.
But i am noticing this gal throwing new white pistils everyday. Especially after the feeding i gave 2 days ago.
I did a little K boost to help it swell up nicely.
Gave 5ml banana fpe, 1 tbs molasses and half a bottle of kronenbourg blanc :).
I had one expired bottle and figured why not?
I can see the leaves pointing upwards and i can literally see the buds fattening up.
Also i added some lactobacilli serum to break down what left in the soil.
I think this will go to 70-75 days. Not sure i am keeping an eye on it. But today i noticed more there are more white pistils then 2 days ago.
Did another feed with the rest of the beer and 1 tbs molasses. Also added LAB.
From this point on i will just flush it. Straight water for 10-15 days.
Well maybe one more molasses and banana fpe if it seems like it needs it :)

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
This is a 2 weeks old pic
5DC3628A BF1A 40CE 97FA 4AD1E3488E42

This is a pic i took today. Probably not the same bud as i rotated them but just to give you an idea of what i am talking about.
598D1339 E945 4878 AA02 DFD0C8F747AD

The newer pic is the tallest cola so it is actually one of the most ripened ones. Definitely needs more time.
I probably took down NL early. This maybe caused by the new lights or more probably it has something to do with the lack of high potassium feed it got last time. It should have ripened more with a bit more potassium. This only water thing is hard to dial in, but letting your ass grow on your couch while your medicine grows is niice :)
See the leaves pointing upwards. It doesn’t do that since it entered flowering hard. After watering with Kronenbourg Blanc, they are all pointing upwards.

WhtChocolate

WhtChocolate

Ok people, how are you? :)

I just took down the Nls and hung them up, untrimmed. Maybe in a couple of days i will trim them.

Just as i was afraid yield and quality is sub-par on this one. It is pretty clear that this plant likes a heavy feeding, i should either supplement with liquid fertilizers or should ammend my soil more heavily with Nl.

Results are not scientific but based on my experience giving molasses thru the lifecycle, 1-2 tsp per litre, every watering, makes plants frostier. This was the same cut i used in my prior grow and it was much much more frostier.

Also, again not scientific, but conclusive enough for me. Feeding molasses as suggested seems to help with terpenes and terpenoids. I am definitely seeing less trics and smelling less cannabis.

I am thinking maybe i pulled them a little early. But it has been 58 days since it began flowering (actually 63 but preflowers were a little late on this one). I pulled the prior grow at 60. It is a 45-50 days plant according to the breeder. So i don’t think it is early. Plus sugar leaves were getting mostly amber. And trics on calyxes are cloudy, especially of the upper buds.

The only difference besides molasses is the spectrum of the grow lights. As @Jack og you suggested in a different thread maybe shorter and bushier plants produce more terpenes. These were vegged under 3000K and flowered under the same lights and they were really elongated. I can definitely feel a difference there.

In my prior grow i was using blurples and the plants were bushier. Contrary to popular belief, after this grow with 3000K, i can suggest using quality blurples. They grow good plants.

Also i split the stem of one of the Nls, but it was just before giving 2 days dark period as i was worried about unnecessary stress resulting in bananas. No visible difference between two. But is not conclusive, not even for me :)

I also split the stem of one of the dinachems and they will be going a week more, so the results from those will be more scientific probably.

I can see clearly dinachem is doing way better than the first grow. It is actually doing much much better than the Nl this time. They look fat and covered with trics, terpene production seems good. Nice fade setting in. This has probably a week to 10 days until it is ready, so it will probably get a bit more fatter.

Will do a weigh in after they dry and post some pics after the trim. I don’t think i will get a very shitty yield. Probably 4-5 oz from two Nls, of course i don’t know how tight are those nugs right now, don’t like squeezing the buds. But this is my prediction. Although the quality has suffered in my opinion, will post about quality after the taste test.

Great stuff here CrimsonE! Thanks for the data and very interesting about the molasses comparison.
Great follow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom