Security Doors

• Thread starter Cali clouds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CAhillybilly

Where are you at in Cali? I was in oakland when I first moved here and knew several people that got robbed broken into some several times. Moved up here into Sac and its a cake walk in comparison.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
So I figured home depot security doors suck ball sack and I got a lil fab skill. The local tweakers make me paranoid. Anyone else have any legit security equipment to share?
I hope your walls are made of steel too. Because if I were a robber I'd just kick in the drywall and unlatch the door:D

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
I hope your walls are made of steel too. Because if I were a robber I'd just kick in the drywall and unlatch the door:D
I was just about to type the same thing. Also when I was in the burglary racket I like to enter through air conditioning units just push the AC right into the building and climb in. And for your information I didn't burglarize grow rooms, I was partial to jewelry stores and businesses.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
On a side note. Seeing a security door like that would really raise my concerns about what was on the other side. You might want to think about facing that door with a little bit of wood paneling make it look like a regular door.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I was just about to type the same thing. Also when I was in the burglary racket I like to enter through air conditioning units just push the AC right into the building and climb in. And for your information I didn't burglarize grow rooms, I was partial to jewelry stores and businesses.
Lol the worst I use to do is we would go around at night stealing from people's cars. 90% of the time we would go for the cars that were unlocked. That was back in the early mid 90's, not a lot to steal but cd's and car change were most common. An occasional wallet(always felt bad about that) and car stereo systems.
I remember the extreme adrenaline rush of sneaking around and then running from the military cops on multiple occasions.
It's a slippery slope though, run into the wrong owner and you may wish it were yhe cops!:love1:

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

The steel door is behind a regular door tge wall is pretty tough not drywall but that would be the easiest way in. There is a way around everything. Just meant to slow someone down.
So cal sucks everyone is out for you

GrowWolf

GrowWolf

Dude that's insanely cool, I'll pay you to make me one if you can ship it haha

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Wow, I was about to post a door security thread but I guess I will just post here. That door is awesome!
I take a 1/2 inch thick aluminum sheet and cut a piece about 2 inches wide by 24 inches long and drill countersank holes in it.
I then shave a half inch sections off of the door jam where the door latches and dremel a hole where the latch will go.
I put some 6 or 8 inch long lag screws into the 6 or 8 countersank holes and the screws go throught the jam into the frame of the wall. This spreads out the force of someone trying to kick or knock your door in. If the hinges are reinforced and you have a metal deadbolt reinforcement on the door it makes the door "almost" un breachable with a foot or shoulder. A 350 pound man will still go straight through it with little problem.

Cali clouds

Cali clouds

Someone can brake through anything if they have enough time or the right tools. I just figure the more time you can cost a thief the better off you are. I have metal security doors over every door in my place. They suck opening up for the day but every door looks important. I know they are kinda shit box but You wouldn't know which one to go for first unless it was someone that had been there.
If someone is going to sit there on camera and rip off 6 metal doors with a alarm going off I might just give them the keys, lol. They are probably pretty gangster

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Thats why I reinforce my doors, the more time you cost a thief the more likely they are to give up and walk away. If your door jams arent reinforced it just takes one kick or the bump of a shoulder by a large man and the whole door jam is breaking. At least they would have to kick it multiple times if its reinforced.

Top Bottom