Seed Won’t Pop Can I Do Anything Else?

• Thread starter Naturalx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Naturalx

Naturalx

hey so I started four seeds. Three fastbuds gsc and one heavyweight fruit punch. The fastbuds popped in 24 hours but it ya now been 4 days and the heavyweight seed is not showing any signs of life. I soaked it in a cup for 24 hours then into a wet paper towel in a ziplock kept in my cupboard.

Should I continue to wait or should I drop it into a cup of clean water again and see what happens?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Have you examined the seed? Is it swelling and looks healthy and hopeful or is it now black and softening and dead?

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Sometimes seeds won't pop coz the shells to thick.any seeds of mine that don't pop but are still good(not soft or fucked) I gently crack the outer shell taking care not to damage the inside and put it back into wet paper towels.it would surprise you how many germ ok after that.

Naturalx

Naturalx

It is black now but not soft at all. I’ll have it moved somewhere warm and see if that helps

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Pop it in your mouth and use your fanf teeth to gently crack it open along the seam. It’s hard to explain but once you do it, it’s easy. Takes a 1/2 second to do. Then pop it back in the bag.

I wouldn’t soak seeds for 24 hours. The only time I’ve had seeds not pop was when doing that. Go straight into paper towel and put it someplace warm. 85-90 degrees is perfect. Any cable box, or electronic device that stays on most of the time will work. I use the top of my T5 lights that are on 24/0.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Pop it in your mouth and use your fanf teeth to gently crack it open along the seam. It’s hard to explain but once you do it, it’s easy. Takes a 1/2 second to do. Then pop it back in the bag.

I wouldn’t soak seeds for 24 hours. The only time I’ve had seeds not pop was when doing that. Go straight into paper towel and put it someplace warm. 85-90 degrees is perfect. Any cable box, or electronic device that stays on most of the time will work. I use the top of my T5 lights that are on 24/0.

Like cracking a sunflower seed between your teeth but stop when it splits a little.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Agreed. And if it was lighter colored and has turned all black it is likely rotting.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I wouldn’t soak seeds for 24 hours. The only time I’ve had seeds not pop was when doing that.

Strange, i soak them for 24 hrs then go with paper towels and i got 26/26 so far.

Nugg

Nugg

Have never failed with just putting them in cup of water...can leave in there for weeks..it'll just keep growing root... anything over 4days.id throw out.next time use black cup.add water put in seeds..they will float.. couple hrs.tap them down,they will sink when the soak up water,place in dark warm place..24 hrs..they will crack..I leave in therr couple days to grow longer root them out in rockwool...100% success rate..on good seeds.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

When i tried greenhouse seeds i watched their grow vids and read their website and they say soak 12 hrs i think if i remember correctly. I did and then into cotton pads in a baggie and had 100% germination.

They were thick striped fat seeds. The seeds i grow now are much littler and some lighter colored. i only put them in a moist coffee filter. Probably 98% germination or a bit less but there is always grower error. And that is over 100’s of just his seeds. And his site suggested the filter. No soak.

The other big guys seeds like dinafem and hso that i grew also did fine in just the coffee filter.

I think temperature is very important to results. I just got a heat mat and it is staying 74 to 77 degrees farenheight and my last seed tap rooted in just under 24hrs or less. Which is faster than using ambient light bulb heat as i was.

Naturalx

Naturalx

Well, the seed was black ish, still very firm, bit and just felt the crack threw it in the papertowel and into the tent ontop of my light. hopefully this works and thanks for the info. I would have never guessed to try that and will save that for the future. I hope it comes out I was really hoping to get a sativa for a bit of a mix up on this grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom