Seedling bending?

• Thread starter GDS StonerBoy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GDS StonerBoy

Is this damping? I have never seen one been like this right in the middle of the stem from damping. If it is how can i avoid the rest of my seedlings taking the same turns.

Picture 1255jpg
Picture 1256jpg
Picture 1257jpg
R

Resinator

If this is some strange new phenotype Auto SOG then you get to name it?

G

GDS StonerBoy

Lol naw that is a Cannacopia Pomello, i also just lost an Atomic NL seedling that did the exact same thing. I'm assuming its damping off but i havent had that happen since i first started growing but i guess its happening because this is my first grow with coco. Maybe i have some reading to do about coco.

B

BITYmagicBeanz

use toothe picx to support it man. becuase this looks like its probly dead.. the reason why its done that in the middle becoz maybe the heat has got too it. and thats the weakest part of the seedling. im not sure if this will heel. i think it will just close up and shrivvel!

G

GDS StonerBoy

use toothe picx to support it man. becuase this looks like its probly dead.. the reason why its done that in the middle becoz maybe the heat has got too it. and thats the weakest part of the seedling. im not sure if this will heel. i think it will just close up and shrivvel!

You were right Bity, i'm not exactly sure what caused it but you are right. It happened to two others. I think it may have been the heat and high humidity from the coco being in a small rubbermaid. Now that i know what probably caused it i'll never make that mistake again. I lost a Atomic NL, Pomello and Jedi all to the same little problem.

Thanks for all the responses guys.

I

indodoja

in my experience every plant that started life that way grew out to be male. grew right along side plants that stood upright. these vine growing survivors used to be my favorite. but after standing up and maturing, they all turn out male.

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
What kind of coco are u using? I had this same thing happen to me when I tried using Coco-Can brand coco.All of my seedlings started dropping just like yours. I washed all the coco off the roots and transplanted them to Coco gro and they made it.:clapping

R

Resinator

in my experience every plant that started life that way grew out to be male. grew right along side plants that stood upright. these vine growing survivors used to be my favorite. but after standing up and maturing, they all turn out male.

So would this be considered a submissive male then?

D

dkmonk

Well I had a sililar problem that seemed like damping with my soilless mix peat and perlite. I think it has to do with soilless mixes being more sensitive to damping. To correct my issue i just misted the soil with a spray bottle until the top was well saturated, instead of watering like i usually do until it is saturated.

I

Indianche

Um the reason for it to bend like that is not enough light.If not soon fixed this will turn to be a very tall plant ,but it will not yield more then it would have if it had not bend like that.It is really simple when plants do not get enough light they start to strech towards the light source which causes their stems to grow faster then leafs.

F

FastForward

And maybe your prop lights are too far away from the seedlings, causing them to stretch and fall over? I use 55w fluoros and keep mine about 2-3cm from the tops and don't have a prob with stretch...

D

drpressure600

all the time . .

your little seedling is after growing looking for light, it happens all the time, best thing to do is to put a little stick along side it until it is strong enough to stand it'self, also you need to bring the light as close as you can to it, that always happens, take care . .

S

scoobydoo

Once used some coca with cocobean shells in it and they caused a mold that caused a seedling to do that, I also had a pretty high heat and humidity.

Top Bottom