Seedlings In Trouble-can They Be Helped

• Thread starter Gardenholic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Nice, thanks for the tip!! The new growth on them already looks better since Wednesday, and I’m sure they will continue to recover throughout the week. The pictures make the plant look more yellow than they actually are
reguardless of medium,one product that works in hyro,soiless and soil is epsome salt foiler,they love the shit out of it,while they dry out foiler feed some that to um every couple days

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

The two feedings that occurred while I was away happened when the root zones were already moist, lacked the cal mag supplement and were not PHed
Sunshine is already ph balanced, and you don't necessary have to ph your water, but I do.
Looks to me that someone ran your feed out of the medium, the leaves suggest over watering too but that could be lack of nitrogen also along with the uniform yellowing.
You could foliar feed but the leaves don't look like they will take much in, make sure your canopy is under 75 degrees to make sure stomas are open when you foliar feed.

Last edited:
Gardenholic

Gardenholic

I was thinking the same. Transplant those babies into some ffof stat!!
Sorry guys, I’m not going to switch to ffof lol. I did however go ahead and transplant the 5 biggest babies to their final 5 gallon pots. I amended the SA mix 4 with 1 tsp/gallon terp tea 7-1-1 dry fertilizer and watered in with the primordial sea green, rootamentary and cal mag.

All of them were almost rootbound with the roots really circling around the bottom of pots. Hopefully, now that there is room for the roots to breathe, they will perk up.

The other babies that I up planted to 1 gallons are all for drastically better, perking up with green new grown. I’ll have better pics tomorrow.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

What's with everybody and this fox farm ocean forest, shit is as bad as their nutrient line. You'd been better off to just sweeten your sunshine #4 with some organic amendments.

Irietime

Irietime

Ffof
DC924217 45BC 4353 A861 C4178875DB3F

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Ffof is heavy soil and it's additives only last for about 3 weeks.
I like to control what my plants eat at all times.

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

What's with everybody and this fox farm ocean forest, shit is as bad as their nutrient line. You'd been better off to just sweeten your sunshine #4 with some organic amendments.
I used fox farm for my first run, and was not happy with the soil by the end of the grow. I amended my SA4 with this product from root Organics.
14205462 20C6 4836 8DE1 F7F359DF8927

Pretty good ingredients in there. It can also be brewed into a tea

Organikz

Organikz

I used fox farm for my first run, and was not happy with the soil by the end of the grow. I amended my SA4 with this product from root Organics. View attachment 762053
Pretty good ingredients in there. It can also be brewed into a tea
Why? You have magnesium deficiency. People have offered help. I don't understand. I won't recommend FFOF because I can make soil 20x fertile with my eyes closed but I would definitely recommend a change if you want to actually smoke what you grow.

Roots, that's a lotta nada...convincing LOS growers they need to add nitrogen since forever...
Let me tell you how they get nitrogen for synthetic fertilizer...they use high amounts of heat to extract it from thin air...yep the air is roughly 70% nitrogen. Nitrogen fixing bacteria will grab it right out of the air.

1 bag of alfalfa would have done more justice...

Last edited:
Gardenholic

Gardenholic

Why? You have magnesium deficiency. People have offered help. I don't understand. I won't recommend FFOF because I can make soil 20x fertile with my eyes closed but I would definitely recommend a change if you want to actually smoke what you grow.

Roots, that's a lotta nada...convincing LOS growers they need to add nitrogen since forever...
Let me tell you how they get nitrogen for synthetic fertilizer...they use high amounts of heat to extract it from thin air...yep the air is roughly 70% nitrogen. Nitrogen fixing bacteria will grab it right out of the air.

1 bag of alfalfa would have done more justice...
There are plenty of people out there smoking what they grow in SA4. Thanks for the lesson on getting nitrogen out of thin air?

The seedlings have been healthy since I have been home, and I still don’t know exactly what happened to them while I was away for 8 days.

I appreciate all the helpful answers while I tried to determine the problems when I got back.

However, if all you are doing is repeating someone else, or sound like a know it all that has never made any mistakes, you can leave your opinion on another thread.

Organikz

Organikz

There are plenty of people out there smoking what they grow in SA4. Thanks for the lesson on getting nitrogen out of thin air?

The seedlings have been healthy since I have been home, and I still don’t know exactly what happened to them while I was away for 8 days.

I appreciate all the helpful answers while I tried to determine the problems when I got back.

However, if all you are doing is repeating someone else, or sound like a know it all that has never made any mistakes, you can leave your opinion on another thread.
Just trying to get you on track for what works for you. I was showing you the issue had already begun developing. I think a product like recharge or +life which contain nitrogen fixing bacteria would help you big time in soiless.

Organikz

Organikz

So did you want help or did you want to ask for help and tell everyone they don't know what they're talking about? Cause I got shit yah do...

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
You need to stop feeding and get your runoff down to about 6.8....let them dry out good and give fresh water and check ph

Gardenholic

Gardenholic

So did you want help or did you want to ask for help and tell everyone they don't know what they're talking about? Cause I got shit yah do...

I do want help, but just because what I did isn’t what you would have done, doesn’t mean that it’s wrong. I added organic veg nutrients, my cal mag supplement, tons of microbes, and a root building supplement to the soilless product that I already had gallons of.

I used the terp tea nutrients because I received them as a gift for a fundraiser that roots Did to support the fire victims in CA. I picked up the primordial samples because their rep assured me that their 4 bottles would get better results than root Organic’s whole line.

Latest posts

Top Bottom